What are the features of the Citibank Plus Everyday Account?
- No foreign transaction fees or ATM withdrawal fees. The Citibank Plus Everyday Account has no fees for foreign transactions or ATM withdrawals. This can save you money when travelling, as most debit cards and credit cards will charge a percentage fee for each transaction overseas, in addition to a typical flat rate fee of between $3-$5 per withdrawal.
- Linked Visa debit card. Account holders receive a Visa debit card, allowing you to shop online and in-store both in Australia and overseas.
- Convenience and large ATM network. Using your Visa debit card you can access your money at over 3,000 ATMs across Australia with Citibank, Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA ATMs with no ATM charges.
- Account tracking. Citibank helps you keep track of your spending and account activity with regular SMS notifications through Citi Alerts.
- Free wine when you dine at eligible restaurants. With the Citibank Dining Program, included with this account, you’ll receive a free bottle of wine every time you dine and pay with your Visa debit card at any participating restaurant.
- Free international money transfers with Citibank Global Transfers. A key aspect of this account is international money transfers with no transfer fee. See more details on this feature below.
How does the free international money transfers feature work?
Citibank offers a wide range of international money transfers with this account, but it’s important to understand how they work to avoid fees and charges. When you transfer funds in any currency from your Citibank Plus account to any other account in the world, you will not be charged a transfer fee.
When you send money between Citibank accounts in participating countries your money will arrive instantly. When you transfer your money online to any other bank account your payment will be processed in three to five business days.
Terms and conditions explained in simple English
Citibank Global Transfers are available when you transfer money from Citibank Australia to an eligible Citibank account in the selected countries listed below. A daily transfer limit applies and funds are converted to the destination amount specified by before the transfer. The exchange rate applies includes a commission for the conversion service. Depending on local regulations, transfers will typically reach the destination account immediately, but can take up to 24 business hours.
Citibank Global transfers are available to the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- United States
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates
How does this account help when you’re travelling?
If you use Citibank or any partner-branded ATMs overseas you won’t be charged ATM fees. With the Visa-branded debit card you can also shop using your own money when you’re travelling, and the account offers unlimited fee-free transactions.
What fees and charges are payable with this account?
The Citibank Plus Everyday Account charges no monthly fees and no fees for international transactions or ATM withdrawals at supported banks. If you withdraw from an ATM in Australia which isn’t a Citibank or Westpac Group ATM (which includes Westpac, St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs) you’ll be charged ATM owner fees, which will depend on the ATM you use.
How do you apply for the Citibank Plus Everyday Account?
You can apply for the Citibank Plus Everyday Account by following the “Go to Site” link on this page. Once you agree to Citibank’s terms and conditions you can confirm the type of account you want to open. You’ll need to provide the following basic details:
- Proof that you’re over the age of 18
- Two forms of ID – Australian Driver’s Licence, Medicare Card or Passport.
- Residential and contact details, including your current email address
Once you’ve provided this information and been approved for the account, you should receive details of your account and your Visa debit card soon after.
My account has been set up – how do I send money overseas?
Go to Payments and Transfers > Add a Payee > Follow the prompts on the page.