CIBC Air Canada AC conversion Visa Prepaid Card Review
Pay $0 for the card and load up to 10 different foreign currencies on your CIBC Air Canada AC conversion Visa Prepaid Card.
The CIBC Air Canada AC conversion Visa Prepaid Card is catered toward frequent travellers who want to load multiple foreign currencies onto their prepaid card and not worry about exchange rates or spending safely while overseas. With $0 for the prepaid card, you can load up to 10 different currencies on the card and lock in exchange rates each time you load a currency onto the card. You will also receive one free ATM withdrawal once a month and can reload your card as many times as you want. With instant funds deposited onto your card, you can reload it 24/7 and use your prepaid card whenever you need to.
CIBC Air Canada AC conversion Visa Prepaid Card review
This prepaid card comes with the option of loading up to 10 different foreign currencies and the card comes at no cost. Lock in an exchange rate once you load a currency and use your card to safely and securely withdraw money while travelling overseas or to shop online at global e-commerce websites. Since the prepaid card isn’t linked to your primary bank account, you don’t have to be a CIBC client to get the card. You can load up to a maximum of $20,000 Canadian dollars, or the equivalent, onto your prepaid card. The card is reloadable and you can instantly access your funds.
You can load the following currencies onto your CIBC Air Canada AC conversion Visa Prepaid Card:
- Canadian dollars (CAD)
- Australian dollars (AUD)
- US dollars (USD)
- euros (EUR)
- British pound (GBP)
- Turkish lira (TRY)
- Japanese yen (JYP)
- Swiss francs (CHF)
- Hong Kong dollars (HKD)
- Mexican pesos (MXN)
Benefits of the CIBC Air Canada AC conversion Visa Prepaid Card
- Load up to 10 currencies. Load up to 10 foreign currencies on your prepaid card and access them anytime.
- Lock in exchange rates. Once you load a currency onto your prepaid card, you can lock in an exchange rate. This means you know how much money you have in a particular currency.
- Online shopping. Shop online and pay no additional conversion fees for a currency you have loaded onto the card.
- One free ATM withdrawal per month. Get one international ATM withdrawal for free once a month.
- No credit check. Since this is a prepaid card, your credit history doesn’t impact your ability to apply for and use the card.
- Easy to reload. You can reload your prepaid card 24/7 on the AC conversion App or on the secure AC conversion website.
Features of the CIBC Air Canada AC conversion Visa Prepaid Card
- No fee. The card has no fee.
- Minimum amount. You must load the equivalent of $100 Canadian dollars onto your card.
- Maximum amount. You can hold up to $20,000 Canadian dollars, or the equivalent, on your card. Load up to $2,999.99 CAD, or the equivalent, in a 24 hour period onto the card
- Load foreign currencies. Load up to 10 foreign currencies.
- Lock in exchange rates. Lock in exchange rates each time you load the card.
- Load the card 24/7. Download the AC conversion App or log on to the secure website and manage your card anytime from anywhere.
- Chip and PIN technology. This prepaid card is not linked to your primary bank account and has secure chip and PIN technology.
How to apply for the CIBC Air Canada AC conversion Visa Prepaid Card
If you’ve compared different credit card options and have decided that you want to apply for the CIBC Air Canada AC conversion Visa Prepaid Card, you can fill out the online application in around ten minutes, as long as you have the correct information handy. Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements before applying.
Before you apply for the CIBC Air Canada AC conversion Visa Prepaid Card, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents on hand:
- Residency. You must have a valid Canadian address.
- Personal details. You’ll need to provide personal details such as your full name, address and contact information.
- Identification. You will need to provide two pieces of ID such as your driver’s licence, passport or birth certificate.