Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class insurance rates
Average Mercedes-Benz G-Class insurance rates
The average insurance costs for a Mercedes-Benz G-Class is $362 a month — or $4,347 a year. Your actual cost could be more or less depending on your driving record, the number of kilometres you drive in a year and other factors.
Compare free car insurance quotes online for your Mercedes-Benz G-Class
Mercedes-Benz G-Class car insurance rates
A 2020 Mercedes-Benz G-Class starts at a base price of $147,900. With the average insurance rate at $4,347 per year, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 2.9%.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Mercedes-Benz G-Class?
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class costs more to insure because it’s a large luxury SUV. If this vehicle were to be damaged beyond repair, the insurance company knows that they would be on the hook for a very large payout. Its off-road capabilities add even more to its high-risk factor.
About the Mercedes-Benz G-Class
Although the Mercedes-Benz G-Class has been around since 1979, its exterior design has remained largely unaltered over the years – making it easily recognizable on on the road. The large luxury SUV is known for its excellent off road capabilities and strong engines. It’s been the vehicle-of-choice for such notable figures as the Crown Prince of Dubai and the Pope. The Canadian Armed Forces has even adopted it into its fleet.
How to compare insurance for the Mercedes-Benz G-Class
Auto insurance is an expensive purchase that you hope to never use, which isn’t a great combination. But since coverage is mandatory, you’ll have to do some research to find out what coverage is right for you. Here are a few factors to consider when shopping around.
- Price. In order to accurately compare prices, it’s important to use the same information when getting quotes from different providers.
- Deductible. Your deductible amount can directly affect the cost of your monthly premiums. Generally speaking, higher deductibles make for lower premiums, and lower deductibles make for higher premiums.
- Minimum coverage. Since minimum coverage amounts can vary by province or territory, it’s important to find out if a potential policy meets your province’s minimums before you commit.
- Additional coverage. Additional coverage may be available through your provider. If you choose to add any of these options, make sure you include them when getting quotes.
- Extras. Roadside assistance and vanishing deductible are two of many extras you may come across. Find out what features your policy includes and which ones you’ll need to pay extra for.
- Restrictions. Find out if any restrictions apply to your policy to avoid gaps in coverage or denied claims.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Ask your dealership if you are eligible for any manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts, which can help you save on auto insurance.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
What factors affect car insurance rates for a Mercedes-Benz G-Class?
Insurance providers consider your driving history, location, marital status, gender, annual kilometres and many other factors when calculating your premiums. However, one of the most important factors is the actual vehicle you drive. This is because performance, safety features, theft rates and other elements can vary between makes and models. Here’s how the Mercedes Benz G-Class’ characteristics could affect the cost of car insurance.
- Type of car. The Mercedes Benz G-Class is designed for heavy-duty use like off-road adventures. Its high-risk profile could increase the cost of insurance.
- Theft. The insurer will assess statistics on how often the Mercedes Benz G-Class is stolen in your area. If it has been historically stolen more often, your premiums will be higher.
- Repairs. Because it is a luxury car brand, the parts and service will likely be more expensive than for other SUVs.
- Safety. The Mercedes Benz G-Class models have many safety features, which should transalte into lower insurance rates.
- Fuel type. Gas vehicles are generally cheaper to insure than diesel or hybrid vehicles. Since the G-Class runs on gas, insurance premiums should be cheaper.
- Trim & packages. Choosing packages that increase power or overall value could raise the cost of insurance. However, features that improve visibility and safety may reduce the cost.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class money-saving safety features
You could save money on car insurance for your Mercedes-Benz G-Class if it comes equipped with these safety features, including.
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Anti theft system
- Lane assist
- Speed assist
- Seat belt reminder
Does the Mercedes Benz G-Class qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your vehicle may be eligible for various auto insurance discounts depending on which provider you choose. Here are a few that could apply to the Mercedes Benz G-Class:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
The Mercedes Benz G-Class is a leader in luxury SUVs, and for good reason. The G-Class is customizable and packed with a suite of safety, security and driver assistance features. Because of its saftey features and solid reputation, it might even be eligible for auto insurance discounts. Get quotes from multiple providers and compare your options to find out how much you’ll pay for auto insurance.
More guides on Finder
How to lower car insurance costs
You don’t need to pay more for car insurance than necessary. Find out the 9 easiest ways to pay less and save on your monthly car insurance bill.
Cheapest cars to insure
Use our our helpful guide to compare the cheapest and most expensive cars to insure.
Luxury car insurance in 2021
Protect your luxury car with a customized policy that offers higher coverage options and special perks.
Car insurance in Edmonton
Learn how much you can expect to spend on car insurance in Edmonton and compare providers to get the best rates
Compare sports car insurance and coverage
Compare car insurance coverage options for sports cars and rates for popular models.
Car insurance for high-risk drivers
Learn about getting cheap car insurance even if you’ve had a few accidents or claims.
Auto manufacturers that sell cars in Canada
See a list of over 30 automakers that sell vehicles in Canada. Plus, learn what makes them unique and what their most popular models are.
Mastercard car rental insurance: How does it work?
Learn about Mastercard’s car rental insurance only offered on select cards depending on the issuer.
Rental car reimbursement coverage
If your car is in the shop, this cheap insurance add-on can cover rental costs, so you stay on the road.
Car maintenance costs
Discover what goes into car maintenance costs, ways to save and how you can pay for repairs with our helpful guide.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.