Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Honda Accord insurance rates
Average Honda Accord insurance rates
How much is car insurance for a Honda Accord?
The Honda Accord is an inexpensive sedan, but high theft rates for this popular car cause slightly higher insurance rates. On average, auto insurance for a Honda Accord is $249 a month, which works out to $2,988 a year. With a base price of $34,090, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 8.8%.
Introduced in 1976, the Honda Accord has become one of the best-selling vehicles in North America. The accord is best known for its incredible safety ratings and comfortable design that make it a great family car or daily driver. Equipped with a number of safety and driver assistance features, coverage for the Accord should be easy to find.
Compare free Honda Accord insurance quotes online
Honda car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How to compare insurance for the Honda Accord
Auto insurance is a necessary but often overwhelming purchase that almost every driver makes. Shopping around can be difficult, as providers use confusing language and ambiguous claims when describing policies. But since coverage is mandatory in every province, you won’t be able to go without. Knowing what to look for can make shopping for insurance easier and can even save you money if you play your cards right.
- Price. Coverage can vary between providers, making it hard to compare by price. Use the same driver and vehicle details when getting quotes in order to accurately compare your options.
- Deductible. Higher deductibles often make for lower premiums, whereas lower deductibles will drive up the price. Choose an amount that fits your financial situation.
- Minimum coverage. Every province has different coverage requirements. Be sure that any potential policy meets your provincial minimums before committing.
- Additional coverage. Personal injury protection and medical payments coverage are two of many ways you can improve your policy. Be sure to include any additional coverage options when getting quotes from providers.
- Extras. Features like roadside assistance and accident forgiveness may be included in your policy. If not, find out how much you’ll have to pay for extras and whether they’re worth the cost.
- Restrictions. Find out if any restrictions apply to your policy to avoid gaps in coverage or denied claims.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Ask your dealership if you are eligible for any manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts and you may be able to save on auto insurance.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
What factors affect car insurance rates for the Honda Accord?
Your location and driving history can both affect your chances of getting into an accident. However, the vehicle you drive has a much larger impact, because performance, safety features, theft rates and other details can vary depending on your make and model. And since providers consider your risk and cost of filing claims when calculating your premiums, your choice of vehicle can directly affect your rates. Here’s how:
- Body type. The Accord is a four-door sedan, best suited for families or other light use. This may be part of the reason why coverage is affordable.
- Type of car. The Accord is a midsize sedan that starts at just over $30,000. It should be cheaper to insure than luxury or performance vehicles.
- Theft. The Honda Accord is one of the most stolen vehicles in North America, which could increase the cost of insurance.
- Repairs. Parts and service for the Honda Accord should be readily available, which will likely lead to lower insurance premiums.
- Safety ratings. The Accord has incredible safety ratings and features that could make for cheaper auto insurance.
- Fuel type. The gas version of the Honda Accord should be cheaper to insure than the Hybrid version, mostly due to the lower cost of repairs.
- Trim & packages. There are a number of safety and driver assistance options available on the Honda Accord. Adding them could help reduce the cost of insurance.
Does the Honda Accord qualify for auto insurance discounts?
You could save money on car insurance for your Honda Accord if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
Honda Accord safety & reliability ratings
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the 2020 Honda Accord earned the highest possible scores in every category and was awarded a 2020 IIHS Top Safety Pick.
J.D. Power gives the 2020 Honda Accord a 82/100 Quality & Reliability rating, which is better than most vehicles in its class.
Honda Accord maintenance
The Accord is designed to provide a comfortable and convenient driving experience, which means that it requires little maintenance to keep it on the road. But like most vehicles, routine service appointments to change the oil and inspect parts can help extend its life and ensure it drives smoothly.
- Honda doesn’t have a recommended oil change schedule for the Accord. In fact, all newer vehicles come equipped with the Maintenance Minder system that tells you when oil and other parts need to be replaced.
- An oil change for the Accord should only cost about $75-$125, but your cost may vary depending on where you have it serviced. As a rule of thumb, dealerships usually cost more than independent repair shops.
- Speak with your Honda dealer or consult your owner’s manual to find out more details on the Honda Accord maintenance schedule.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Honda Accord?
All new Honda vehicles come equipped with a standard 3-year/60,000-kilometre Vehicle Warranty, plus the 5-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Warranty. Genuine Honda accessories are also covered for 3 years or 60,000 kilometres if they are installed when the new vehicle is purchased. The Accord also comes with a 5-year/Unlimited-miles corrosion warranty and a 3-year 24/7 emergency roadside assistance.
Honda also offers a few Vehicle Service Contracts, which are essentially extended warranties. They cover components, powertrains and a number of benefits like rental car reimbursement, 24/7 concierge emergency services and more. While the Accord is generally considered a reliable vehicle, these service plans can protect your car once the initial warranty expires.
The Honda Accord is a popular midsize sedan that provides a smooth, comfortable drive. It requires little maintenance and comes equipped with a suite of great safety and driver assistance features that add to its appeal. The Accord is a fairly low-risk vehicle that would hold up well in an accident, which could be part of the reason why coverage is affordable. That said, you might be able to reduce the cost of coverage even further by comparing your options to find auto insurance discounts and prices from some of the top providers.
Frequently asked questions about the Honda Accord
More guides on Finder
Investing in car stocks
Top car stocks and ETFs that track the category.
Canadian Auto News car loan review
Canadian Auto News matches you with local lenders and dealerships to help you find the perfect car and car financing for your needs.
Compare Car Loans
Need a car loan to finance your new set of wheels? Compare the best car loans here to get on the road faster with more money in your pocket.
Splash Auto Finance car loan review
Splash Auto Finance specializes in car loans for borrowers with less-than-ideal credit histories.
How to lower car insurance costs
You don’t need to pay more for car insurance than necessary. Find out the 9 easiest ways to pay less and save on your monthly car insurance bill.
Canada Drives car loan review
Canada Drives simplifies the process of buying a car, showing you how much you can borrow along with a list of vehicles you’ve already qualified for based on your approved financing.
Canada Auto Finance Review
Do you need a car loan but you don’t have the best credit? Canada Auto Finance connects you with local dealers to help you secure auto financing at competitive rates to help you buy a car.
aha home insurance review
Consider aha insurance if you’re searching for a simple, affordable and fast home insurance solution.
aha car insurance review
aha car insurance is an optimal solution for individuals in Ontario that want quick, stable coverage.
Onlia car insurance review
Onlia auto insurance is a favourable solution for individuals that want quick, easy-to-understand coverage.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.