The BMW X5 is a luxury SUV that’s relatively cheap to insure. Auto insurance for a BMW X5 costs an average of $168 a month, or $2,016 a year. Although this is almost $1,000 above the national average, car insurance costs vary widely across Canada, with many people paying higher rates to insure their cars. With a base price of $74,898, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio for a BMW X5 is around 3.94%.
Compare free car insurance quotes online for your BMW X5
How to compare insurance for the BMW X5
Shopping for auto insurance can be overwhelming. Many insurers use similar terminology, even though policies and coverage can vary drastically depending on your choice of provider. However, coverage is mandatory in every province or territory, meaning you won’t be able to avoid it. That being said, finding the right policy is much easier when you know what to look for. Here are a few characteristics to consider when shopping around.
- Price. It’s important to use the same information when getting quotes from providers. This will help you compare similar options to find out which provider has the best price.
- Deductible. Your deductible amount can influence the cost of your monthly premiums. Policies with higher deductibles usually have lower premiums, whereas those with lower deductibles will cost more.
- Minimum coverage. Every province and territory has minimum, mandatory coverage requirements. Before purchasing a policy, ensure the requirements where you live are met.
- Additional coverage. Additional coverage can help protect against things that are not included in your standard policy. Be sure to include any additional coverage options when getting quotes to get a more accurate estimate.
- Extras. Extras like accident forgiveness and vanishing deductibles may be available through your provider. Find out what your policy includes and what features you’ll need to pay extra for.
- Restrictions. Policy restrictions can limit coverage and lead to denied claims if you’re not aware of them. Ask your provider if any apply to you or your vehicle.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Ask your dealership if you’re eligible for any manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts with certain providers.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
BMW X5 reliability & safety ratings
The BMW X5 received the 2020 IIHS top safety pick for midsize luxury SUVs/4-door SUVs, indicating that it’s one of the safest vehicles in its class. It also has great safety ratings and a number of safety features that could help to reduce the cost of insurance. While not all models may come equally equipped, money-saving features you can potentially get with a BMW X5 include:
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Electronic stability control
- Seat belt pretensioners
- Lane-departure warning systems
- Adaptive cruise control
- Daytime running lights
Since 1999, the BMW X5 has been a favourite with SUV drivers who want a powerful ride, a spacious interior and plenty of room for cargo. Starting at just over $74,000, this vehicle’s great safety features and crash test ratings make it a reliable daily driver or family vehicle. You should have no trouble finding a provider to insure your X5. Compare your options to find a policy and price that’s right for you.
Frequently asked questions about the BMW X5
More on car insurance
You don’t need to pay more for car insurance than necessary. Find out the 9 easiest ways to pay less and save on your monthly car insurance bill.Read more…
aha car insurance is an optimal solution for individuals in Ontario that want quick, stable coverage.Read more…
Onlia auto insurance is a favourable solution for individuals that want quick, easy-to-understand coverage.Read more…
More guides on Finder
How to lower car insurance costs
You don’t need to pay more for car insurance than necessary. Find out the 9 easiest ways to pay less and save on your monthly car insurance bill.
aha car insurance review
aha car insurance is an optimal solution for individuals in Ontario that want quick, stable coverage.
Onlia car insurance review
Onlia auto insurance is a favourable solution for individuals that want quick, easy-to-understand coverage.
Capital One car rental insurance
All Capital One Mastercard credit cards in Canada offer car rental insurance. Find out how this feature works and compare cards offering it here.
How to set up a sole proprietorship business in Canada
From registration and financing to bank accounts and business insurance – here’s a step-by-step guide to setting up a sole proprietorship.
How your driving record affects car insurance rates
Find out what shows up on your driving record, how insurers use your record and tips to improve it.
Cheapest cars to insure
Use our our helpful guide to compare the cheapest and most expensive cars to insure.
Car Insurance Statistics
The economic shutdowns saw more cars in driveways than on the roads. Finder looked at Canada’s top insurance platforms to see how interest has changed over time.
Luxury car insurance in 2021
Protect your luxury car with a customized policy that offers higher coverage options and special perks.
Car insurance for 4×4 cars
Make sure you get enough coverage to protect your four-wheel drive during daily driving or off-road thrills.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.