Canadian Capital Mortgages review
Looking to get a new mortgage or renew your existing one? Find out how you can get the best rates with this online mortgage provider.
Looking for a mortgage provider that will stay with you every step of the way? You might like to check out Canadian Capital Mortgages. This online firm prides itself on helping you find the right mortgage to suit your needs at every stage of your life.
When you apply, you’ll get competitive rates that can be as much as 1-3% lower than those on offer from other lenders. You may also be able to qualify for a loan with bad credit or limited credit history, depending on whether you meet other eligibility criteria.
What types of mortgages does Canadian Capital Mortgages offer?
Canadian Capital Mortgages lets you take out a number of different types of mortgages based on your preferences and needs.
- First-time homebuyers. Take advantage of tax breaks and RRSP withdrawals when you’re looking to purchase your first home.
- Mortgage renewals. Investigate your options for renewing your mortgage before you sign on for another term with your existing provider.
- Mortgage refinancing. Use the equity in your home to take out a loan for other expenses or build those costs into a second mortgage.
- New to Canada mortgages. Take advantage of a smaller down payment if you’re new to Canada.
- Self-employed mortgages. Work with Canadian Capital Mortgages to understand your mortgage options if you’re self-employed.
- Reverse mortgages. Tap into the equity in your home to get an income paid out to you once you retire.
What types of fees does Canadian Capital Mortgages charge?
Canadian Capital Mortgages doesn’t list any of its fees for the various services it provides on its website. This means that you’ll need to contact this lender directly to find out how much you’ll pay in administrative fees (such as application and origination fees) when you sign up. Any fees you’ll be required to pay should also be outlined in your mortgage contract.
You’ll get a better idea of what type of interest rates you’ll have to pay with Canadian Capital Mortgages once it assesses your personal and financial information.
What do customers say about Canadian Capital Mortgages?
There are very few customer reviews for Canadian Capital Mortgages online. The positive feedback that’s available indicates that the brokerage provides top-notch customer service and competitive rates for its mortgage products.
There are no negative reviews listed online for Canadian Capital Mortgages with review sites such as the Better Business Bureau or Trustpilot. It’s also difficult to find any other negative feedback about this company using Google or other search engines.
What makes Canadian Capital Mortgages unique?
What sets Canadian Capital Mortgages apart from other lenders is that it offers so many different financing options. It will also go above and beyond on the customer service front to make sure that you get the mortgage you need at the rate you want.
This mortgage provider also offers much lower interest rates than similar lenders. On its website, it advertises rates that are 1-3% below the industry average. This has the potential to save you thousands of dollars over the course of your home loan.
Do I qualify for a mortgage with Canadian Capital Mortgages?
Canadian Capital Mortgages doesn’t list any of its eligibility criteria for its home loans on its website. However, it does promise to make sure that as many people as possible can get access to the money they need to purchase a home. This includes people who aren’t seen as “ideal” borrowers, such as those who have bad credit, are self-employed or are new to Canada.
Factors that might affect your ability to get a mortgage
Your eligibility for a loan will depend on a number of factors. These include the following:
- Debt to income ratio. It will be easier to qualify for a mortgage if you make a decent income and don’t owe a significant amount towards other debts.
- Down payment. You’ll be much more likely to qualify for a mortgage if you have a large amount of money saved up to hand over as your down payment.
- Size of mortgage. You’ll have a better chance of qualifying if you apply for a smaller mortgage.
- Credit score. Your credit score may also play into your loan decision, though it might not be a deciding factor in whether you qualify if you meet other eligibility criteria.
What are the benefits of getting a mortgage through Canadian Capital?
- Quick application. You can apply for a mortgage in under half an hour.
- Lower rates. You’ll be able to save up to 1-3% in interest on your loan in comparison to some other providers.
- Many mortgage types. There are several types of mortgages on offer for just about every borrower, from first-time homebuyers to seasoned real estate gurus.
- Last resort options. Canadian Capital Mortgages may be able to get you approved if you have a low credit score, are self-employed or have limited credit history.
- Expert guidance. You’ll be matched up with a Canadian Capital Mortgages expert who will be there to help you navigate the mortgage process.
What to watch out for.
- Ontario-based. This lender works with homeowners in Ontario only.
- No pre-existing relationship. Unlike with the big banks, you won’t typically have a pre-existing relationship with this lender to build upon.
- No in-person service. You won’t be able to visit Canadian Capital Mortgages in person to discuss your mortgage needs unless you live in Woodbridge, Ontario.
- Computer-based. You’ll have to be a little bit tech-savvy to navigate the online application and document upload process.
How do I get started?
To apply for a Canadian Capital Mortgages loan, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old (and 19 in some provinces)
- Be a citizen or resident of Canada
- Government-issued ID. You’ll be required to show proof of ID like your driver’s licence or passport.
- Proof of income. You may need to submit documents like pay stubs and letters of employment to show that you can afford your monthly payments.
- Credit report. You’ll have to let Canadian Capital Mortgages pull your credit report so that they can assess your creditworthiness.
- Other financial information. You could be required to provide a list of your debts and assets, along with proof that you can pay for your down payment and closing costs.
- Property information. You’ll need to provide information about the home you want to buy or the property you already own.
How to apply
If you think you meet all the eligibility criteria and you’re ready to get started with your loan application, you just need to follow these simple steps.
- Use the online application to provide personal information like your name, email address, proof of ID and relevant documents.
- Review and submit your application.
- Get verified and work with Canadian Capital Mortgages to negotiate the terms of your mortgage if you meet the eligibility requirements.
I got the loan. Now what?
Once you get your loan, you’ll need to start making regular payments on it. After a set term, you’ll likely need to renegotiate your terms and renew your loan with Canadian Capital Mortgages (unless you choose to go with a new provider).
If you have any issues with your mortgage, you can contact customer service by calling 647-477-8653. You can also send them an email to if you want to speak to an experienced mortgage agent about your options.
Canadian Capital Mortgages is a reputable mortgage provider that will help you find the best mortgage for your needs and budget. It may also be a good fit for you if you’ve had trouble qualifying for a mortgage with other lenders. Find out how you can qualify for a home loan and start your application today.