Where to buy rubbing alcohol online in Canada
Need to disinfect? This is where you can buy isopropyl alcohol and rubbing alcohol online.
Both isopropyl alcohol and rubbing alcohol have several common uses in the home. Many people use them to clean surfaces around their home, in a first aid kits and even in their skincare routine.
If you want to try out these products for yourself or you’re simply running low, we have you covered with a list of the established retailers that sell isopropyl alcohol and/or rubbing alcohol. Plus, we list which of these stores offer free shipping deals, so you can save while you shop!
Where to buy rubbing alcohol online
Amazon is a global go-to for all your day-to-day shopping demands. Explore a collection of innovative alcohol-based disinfectants online and compare prices from different sellers side-by-side to get the best deal.
- Access personalized product recommendations based on your previous purchases.
- Start your free 30-day trial of Prime to access exclusive member benefits.
- Find whatever you need with a few quick clicks or via a simple search.
This retailer carries all the products you need to keep your entire household happy, healthy and well day in and day out. Stock up on rubbing alcohol and alcohol disinfectant wipes from your favourite spot on the sofa at Well.ca.
- Free delivery when you spend $35 or more.
- Refer a friend and you’ll each get $10 to spend at the online store.
- 60-day change of mind returns policy.
When it comes to competitive pricing, it doesn’t get better than eBay. Shop for rubbing alcohol and other essentials here and join in the thrill of a bidding war or browse the buy it now options to secure your purchase.
- Buy or sell anything you like.
- Create an account to keep tabs on items of interest in your watch list.
- Daily deals and discounts up for grabs.
Staples may not be the first store that comes to mind when shopping for rubbing alcohol, so you’ll be pleasantly surprised to learn that this retailer offers a variety of bottle sizes for all your household demands.
- Sign up to the newsletter to unlock a $10 saving off your next order over $100.
- Spend $45 or more to qualify for free shipping.
- Earn airmiles with every purchase.
When it comes to sourcing essentials for your first aid kit, Walmart won’t let you down. This retailer offers a wide range of both rubbing alcohol and alcohol wet wipes to disinfect wounds, surfaces and more.
- Free home delivery for all orders over $50.
- Click and collect conveniently for free when you spend $25 or over.
- Sign up to get the weekly deals flyer delivered to your inbox.
This online multi-seller portal stocks millions of products spanning more than 44 different major shopping categories. When the time to replenish your rubbing alcohol supply arises, turn to AliExpress.
- Free shipping is widely available.
- Download the app and shop anywhere, any time.
- Regular sale events keep prices low.
Which of these retailers offer free delivery when you buy rubbing alcohol?
- Amazon: Free shipping widely available, especially for Prime members
- Well: Free delivery with all orders over $35
- eBay: Free shipping offered by many sellers
- Staples: Free for all orders over $45
- Walmart: Free home delivery when you spend $50 or more
- AliExpress: Many sellers offer free shipping options
What exactly is rubbing alcohol?
Rubbing alcohol is the term used for an antiseptic water-and-alcohol solution that can be used to disinfect surfaces or skin. It’s usually made from 70-95% isopropyl alcohol and water, but sometimes less.
For example, the popular brand Isocol uses a solution of 64% isopropyl alcohol.
The lower percentage means it’s great to use around the house – whether it be for disinfecting or cleaning surfaces.
How does isopropyl alcohol kill bacteria?
According to the Centre for Disease Control, alcohol is bactericidal, which means it’s a substance that’s able to kill bacteria. However, when the rubbing alcohol solution is diluted to less than 50%, it’s not nearly as effective.
The CDC recommends to stick to solutions that are 60% alcohol or higher.
What’s the difference between rubbing alcohol and isopropyl alcohol?
In the Canada and United States, rubbing alcohol is more frequently made with ethyl-based alcohol. Meanwhile, in Australia, rubbing alcohol is made from a combination of water with rubbing alcohol, usually between 70-95% alcohol with the remainder being water. If you prefer one, check the product details and where it’s being shipped from.
Rubbing alcohol is made from isopropyl alcohol and the two terms are often used interchangeably. Usually when you’re purchasing isopropyl alcohol, it’s actually rubbing alcohol made with isopropyl alcohol
What is rubbing alcohol and isopropyl alcohol used for?
As an antiseptic cleanser, a few uses for rubbing alcohol and isopropyl alcohol include:
- Antibacterial hand sanitiser
- Dries oily skin
- Disinfecting surfaces
- Cleaning makeup brushes
- Removing ink from hard surfaces or skin
It’s not recommended to apply alcohol to broken skin or burns.