Eversource Energy is an utilities - regulated electric business based in the US. Eversource Energy shares (ES.US) are listed on the NYSE and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was $55.73 – a decrease of 4.16% over the previous day. Eversource Energy employs 10,000 staff and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $19.5 billion.
How to buy shares in Eversource Energy
- Choose a platform. If you're a beginner, our stock trading table below can help you choose.
- Open your account. Provide your personal information and sign up.
- Confirm your payment details. You'll need to fund your account with a bank transfer, debit card or credit card.
- Search the platform for stock code: ES in this case.
- Research stocks. The platform should provide the latest information available.
- Buy your stocks. Place a market order or limit order with your preferred number of shares. It's that simple.
CIBC Investor's Edge
- Buy and sell stocks, bonds, options, GICs, ETFs, mutual funds and precious metals certificates.
- Active traders, young investors and students get discounted trades. No annual account fees for TFSAs and RESPs.
- Invest in non-registered and registered accounts like TFSAs, RRSPs, RESPs, LIRAs and more.
- If you already have a CIBC account, you can easily transfer funds to and from your Investor’s Edge account for free.
- Offers a rich array of research tools.
- Trade on 140+ exchanges in nearly 30 countries.
- Fund your account in 24 currencies.
- Offers access to stocks, ETFs, bonds, options, futures, forex, warrants and hedge funds.
- Trade on the margin, make purchases and earn interest with the Interactive Brokers Prepaid Mastercard. Offers low rates, flex payments and no late fees.
- Questrade charges lower trading fees than many big banks and private brokers.
- Trade stocks, IPOs, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, commodities, GICs, options, CFDs, forex and precious metals.
- Deposit up to $10,000/day with your Canadian Visa or Interac Debit card, and start trading immediately.
- The Questrade Edge version of the platform has a highly customizable interface and offers advanced trading tools as well as a profit and loss calculator.
Is it a good time to buy Eversource Energy stock?
Only you can make the decision on the time to leap. The gauge below shows real-time ratings that are based on 26 popular indicators such as moving averages, for specific time periods. It's not a recommendation but is simply technical analysis that can form part of your research.
Finder might not agree with the analysis and we take no responsibility. We also give no representations or warranty on the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on this page.
Buy Eversource Energy stocks from these online trading platformsCompare special offers, low fees and a wide range of investment options among top trading platforms.
Note: The dollar amounts in the table below are in Canadian dollars.
Is Eversource Energy under- or over-valued?
Valuing a stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge value. Check out the Eversource Energy P/E ratio, PEG ratio and EBITDA
Eversource Energy's current stock price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 17x. In other words, Eversource Energy stocks trade at around 17x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the trailing 12-month P/E ratio for the United States stock markets on average as of September 25, 2023 (21.29). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Eversource Energy's "price/earnings-to-growth ratio" can be calculated by dividing its P/E ratio by its growth – to give 3.0293. Higher PEG ratios such as this can be interpreted as meaning the shares offer worse value given the current rate of growth.
The PEG ratio provides a broader view than just the P/E ratio, as it gives more insight into Eversource Energy's future profitability. By accounting for growth, it could also help you if you're comparing the stock prices of multiple high-growth companies.
Eversource Energy's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is a whopping $3.8 billion ($5.2 billion CAD).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Eversource Energy's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Frequently asked questions
More on investing
Your guide to how ETFs work and whether this type of investment is right for you.Read more…
Learning how to read stock charts and recognize chart patterns can unlock your success as a trader.Read more…
Owning a stock means you own part of a company and can potentially grow your wealth. But there is a risk of loss.Read more…
More guides on Finder
How to buy Yoshitsu Co. stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing Yoshitsu Co. stocks, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Cerberus Cyber Sentinel stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing Cerberus Cyber Sentinel stocks, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Fresh Grapes LLC stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing Fresh Vine Wine, Inc stocks, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Quest Diagnostics Incorporated stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing DGX with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Nuvectis Pharma (NVCT) stock in Canada when it goes public
Everything we know about the Nuvectis Pharma IPO plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy BuzzFeed stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing BuzzFeed, Inc stocks, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
Best renewable energy stocks
These are the best renewable energy stocks to buy now in Canada.
How to buy ADMA Biologics stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing ADMA with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Dycom Industries stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing DY with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy VICI Properties stock in Canada
Steps to owning and managing VICI with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.