Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Where To Buy Bikes Online in Canada for 2023
Choose the right bike and you’ll be cycling your way to success in no time.
Whether you’re choosing a bike for the first time or upgrading your current ride, choosing the right bike can be a bit of a tricky ordeal with so many brands, models and retailers. The most important thing to do, is to make the choice that’s right for you.
We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of the top online bike retailers to help steer you in the right direction. So whether you prefer cycling via road, or enjoy veering off the beaten track this guide will help you pick up a new pair of wheels to set you on your way.
Where to buy bikes online?
Carrying all the hottest trends at consistently affordable prices, Wish is a go-to whatever it is you’re shopping for. From fashion and footwear to accessories, home essentials and beyond, you’re sure to adore the eclectic catalogue on offer here.
- New products added daily ensuring you never get bored of browsing
- Consistently low pricing site-wide
- Score an extra discount in the “Blitz Buy” section
On the hunt for a mountain, road, or hybrid bicycle? Amazon has what you’re searching for and more. From big brands to affordable options, you’ll find everything you need here.
- Start your free 30-day trial of Prime to unlock member perks
- Free shipping widely available, especially for prime members
- Convenient shopping at its best. Find whatever you need with a few quick clicks
Whatever you’re searching for, Walmart has it. This is true of bikes too. You’ll have hours of fun browsing the options here.
- Sign up to receive the weekly flier and stay up to date with the latest promotions
- Free shipping with orders over $50
- Free click and collect on all purchases over $25
This is a one-stop shop for all your cycling needs. Shop for brand new and pre-loved bikes, cycling equipment and more from a massive collection of local and international sellers at eBay.
- Free shipping available from many sellers
- Create an account and keep tabs on items of interest in your wishlist
- Shop your way. Join in the thrill of a bidding war or browse the buy it now options to secure the product you want
Looking for leading brands? Best Buy has a catalogue compiled of top manufacturers tailored to every cyclist’s preferred cycling style.
- Free delivery for orders over $35
- Hassle free returns for online orders
- Create an account and earn points with every purchase
Bikemania is a go-to for everything bike related. Whether you’re searching for an off-roader, or a bike that’s made for commuting, this site won’t let you down.
- Price-matching promise
- Access a fantastic range of cycling goods in one place
- Payments and sensitive data protected by Let’s Encrypt
Chain Reaction Cycles
If you’re searching for top mountain, road, and hybrid bike brands, Chain Reaction Cycles is not to be missed. Enjoy browsing an impressive catalogue to find your perfect pair of wheels.
- User-friendly site with easy-to-navigate categories and sub-categories
- 12-month returns policy for the majority of products
- Shop in the sale section and unlock discounts of up to 80% off
In the market for a mountain or road bike? Merlin Cycles is the solution. This international sensation is based in the UK and was first established in 1993.
- Sign up to the rewards scheme and earn points with every purchase
- Subscribe to the newsletter and get the latest deals and discounts direct to your inbox
- 30-day returns policy, even in change of mind cases
What kind of bike should I buy?
Whether you’re using your bike to reduce your carbon footprint on your daily commute; to head out on the trails searching for new adventures; or dashing daringly downhill, there’s a bike out there that’s made for you.
- Road bikes, as the name suggests, are best for riding on tarmac, and therefore are ideal for everyday urban commutes, or road racers that want to travel at the speed of light. Their lightweight frames and slimline tyres are engineered to give you great speed with little effort.
- Mountain bikes are designed to be able to take on the toughest of terrains. Their tyres are hard wearing with awesome grip to help you find traction on practically any surface. These bikes are perfect for the more adventurous cyclists. The seated position is a little more relaxed than a road bike too.
- Hybrid bikes are another thing to consider, especially if you quite like the idea of a dual purpose bike. These take the lightweight frame of the road bik, and pair it with the more relaxed seating position of a mountain bike. They also perform better in wet weather thanks to their more powerful brake discs.
Think about what you’ll be using your bike for. Set yourself an affordable budget. Do your research and read reviews from other customers, and you’ll be one step close to buying your perfect bike.
How to buy a bike?
Buying a bike is relatively easy thanks to online shopping. Choose the one you want and buy online, click and collect or arrange home delivery. If you wanted to take a proper look at your bike before you buy, it’s pretty easy to head down to your local bike store and have a browse. Make sure you shop savvy; once you’ve found your ideal bike, check out retailers, discounts and deals, and incentives to ensure you get the best possible price. And, don’t forget to factor in any delivery fees too!
More guides on Finder
Best bad credit loans in PEI
Compare some of the best bad credit loans in PEI.
Your guide to the features, interest rates and fees to expect when you apply for a short-term loan with Credito.
5 apps like Bree in Canada
Pay for unexpected bills and avoid overdrafts when you sign up for apps like Bree.
Debt Relief Canada (reliefcanada.ca) review
Take a closer look at the debt relief solutions, features and fees of Debt Relief Canada.
Desjardins Online Brokerage (Disnat) review 2023
Learn more about Desjardins Online Brokerage (Disnat) to see if it’s the right broker for you.
Guide to finding the best prepaid card in Canada in May 2023
We show you the best prepaid credit cards in Canada, whether you’re looking for a prepaid card with no fees, cash back rewards, or travel perks, or more.
How to buy Sui (SUI) in Canada
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sui, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SUI).
5 apps like Nyble in Canada
Compare apps like Nyble in Canada to access emergency funding.
Your guide to buying and financing a car in Canada with RightRide.
Compare bad credit car loans in BC
Your guide to bad credit car loans in BC and how to find the right financing for your needs.