Bullion Mart review
If you’re looking to invest in and store precious metals, check out this dealer’s variety of product offerings.Bullion Mart offers gold, silver, platinum and palladium precious metals.
Bullion Mart has been in business for over 20 years and is based out of Toronto. Precious metals are its primary product offering, but it also offers storage services. You can place your order online from the comfort of your home with the option to ship or pick up. To learn more, read the Bullion Mart review below.
- An excellent choice if you’re interested in buying and storing precious metals.
- Choose another provider if you’re interested in buying or selling stamps, collectibles or other valuables.
What does Bullion Mart sell?
Bullion Mart sells the following products and services:
- Precious metals. You can purchase gold, silver, platinum and palladium. It sells coins and bars, amongst other metal items.
- Storage services. Bullion Mart offers storage services for your precious metals and valuables. It will handle insurance and security on your behalf.
How does buying from Bullion Mart work?
Bullion Mart is primarily an online store, but does offer in-person appointments if you request one ahead of time. You can purchase products or services in three different ways. You can shop online, visit the physical store in Toronto, or contact a sales representative to place an order. Once you’ve placed an order, your items can be shipped or picked up from the Toronto location.
If you wish, you can open an account with Bullion Mart. With an account, you can forward book, advance sell, place an order overnight and have a low premium. It doesn’t appear to be mandatory to open an account if you want to make a purchase, but frequent buyers may benefit.
Does Bullion Mart accept returns?
If your order hasn’t been processed yet, you can cancel your order, but you will incur a $50 charge. If you’ve already received your order, you can work with a specialist to return the items in exchange for store credit, another product or a return. If a return is processed, a restocking fee will be applied.
What payment methods can I use?
Bullion Mart accepts a wide variety of payment methods, including:
- Credit and debit cards through PayPal for transactions of $3,000 or less
- Bank wire
- Bank drafts
- Certified cheques
- Money order
- Cashier’s cheque
- Personal cheque
- Direct deposits and third party payments are not accepted.
Bullion Mart ships its products using FedEx or Canada Post. If shipping to the US, UPS or the United States Postal Service is used. All packages are insured and discreetly shipped. Once the package has shipped, you can expect to receive it within 1 to 7 business days.
How much will I have to pay for my order?
The amount you pay for a specific precious metal depends on the current spot price. Bullion Mart provides this information on its website in CAD, USD and euros. However, you can only pay using CAD or USD. The amount you’re buying will also impact the cost of your order.
Once you complete your order, payment must be made within 72 hours. The price will be locked in at this time.
What types of orders can I place?
You can place three types of orders with Bullion Mart:
- Doorstep orders. Have your precious metal order shipped right to your door discreetly. Your package will be insured up until you sign with the shipping company.
- Pick-up orders. Place an order online and pick it up at the Toronto location.
- Storage orders. You can order the use of storage services as well.
How does selling to Bullion Mart work?
Bullion Mart will buy virtually anything made of metal. As of May 5, 2021, it does not purchase collector’s bills or stamps, only metals. You can sell to Bullion Mart by booking an appointment or shipping your items to the store. There is no minimum amount you have to sell in order for the transaction to be accepted. If Bullion Mart accepts the transaction, it will pay you via a bank wire or cheque sent in the mail.
Is Bullion Mart safe?
Bullion Mart has been in business for over 20 years according to its website. This indicates that it is experienced and has gained a positive reputation. In addition, Bullion Mart‘s policies are well thought out and clearly defined which indicates it is legitimate.
The business has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since February 2014. It currently holds an A+ rating.
Pros and cons
- Ship or pick up. You have the option to have your order shipped or picked up, if you’re close to Toronto.
- Variety of precious metals. Bullion Mart offers gold, silver, platinum and palladium precious metals.
- Payment options. You can complete your purchase using lots of different payment methods.
- Storage available. If you want to store your precious metals, Bullion Mart offers that service too.
- Cancellation fee. If you cancel or return your order, you’ll incur a fee.
- Limited to precious metals. Bullion Mart only offers precious metals. No other collectibles or valuables are available for purchase or sale.
- Minimal in-person service. You must book an appointment to receive in-person service.
How do I contact Bullion Mart customer service?
You can contact Bullion Mart by sending a message through its website, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-844-583-4653.
Bullion Mart is a great place to purchase precious metals if you want to diversify your investments through gold, silver, platinum and palladium. If you’re based out of Toronto or the Greater Toronto Area, you’ll be able to take advantage of pick-up services. For individuals interested in other valuable assets, continue researching other providers.