Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Where to bulk buy surgical masks online in Canada
Buying in bulk can save you time and money. Stay on top of your supplies with these online retailers.
Wearing a face masks is strongly advised if you’re sick or are taking care of someone who’s sick. Depending on where you live in Canada, you may actually be required by law to wear a face mask when out in public.
Given that the World Health Organization is encouraging governments to ask people to wear fabric face masks when out in public, you may want to offer your staff masks anyway — even if it’s not legally required — for added protection.
With the demand for protective face masks running high, it can be tough to get the protective gear your employees need to stay safe on the job. If you’re just shopping around for yourself or your family, we recommend checking out our guide on where to buy surgical masks online.
However, if you want to buy in bulk for your business or organization, we’ve rounded up a list of online retailers that sell what you need.
Maple PPE Supplies is listed on the Government of Ontario’s PPE supplier directory as they provide reliable, high-quality PPE. They operate and ship from their headquarters in Ontario, Canada.
- Listed by the Government of Ontario
- Free shipping for orders over $100
- Ships from Canada within 24 hours
- 5-ply fabrication
- > 95% filtration efficiency down to 0.3 microns
- Flexible aluminum nose guard
Instacart is an online grocery delivery service that allows you to order products from top retailers like Walmart, CityMarket, Staples and more. It will then facilitate a door-to-door delivery service making your online shopping more convenient.
- Same day and next day delivery available.
- Promotional deals are offered regularly.
- Free shipping is available.
- Access multiple stores on one site.
TO-Medicare (In Stock)
Provides safety gear and products for healthcare professionals, businesses and families.
- Free Canada-wide shipping for orders over $50
- Orders within Canada are delivered within 1-5 business days
- Wide range of PPE products to choose from
Amazon stocks a great selection of respirator masks in one place, making it simple to compare brands, prices and customer reviews.
- Sign up to Amazon Prime and get free shipping and returns on millions of items
- Huge product range
- Easily compare prices and ratings on similar products
When it comes to competitive pricing, it doesn’t get much better than eBay. Shop for respirator masks and other health and safety items here. Join in the thrill of a bidding war, or browse the Buy It Now options to secure your purchase.
- Secure site with a range of payment options including PayPal
- Prices are super affordable
- Helpful product reviews on site
- Free delivery from selected sellers
This Canadian retailer has what you need to stay safe, from medical-grade face masks to hand sanitizer and disposable gloves. Also browse a huge catalogue of diet and fitness products, natural health remedies, vitamins and supplements, home items and more.
- Stocks lots of products for immunity and medical protection
- Get exclusive offers when you sign up for the (free) VIP program
- Get a discount on your next purchase when you sign up to receive email newsletters
- Free shipping in Canada and the US on orders that reach or exceed a certain amount
If you want bulk buy discounts and some of the lowest prices around, don’t pass up on this site! Alibaba gives you a direct link to product manufacturers, and by cutting out the middleman, you can avoid retailer inflation.
- Cut out retailer inflation by eliminating the middleman
- Check out using a secure shopping portal
- Enjoy order protection through Trade Assurance
Bonanza has everything you could want by way of home items, personal care products, clothing, electronics and more. Browse through loads of competitively-priced items to keep you and your home healthy including hand sanitizers, protective face masks, disposable gloves and cleaning supplies.
- Huge range of products, deals and sellers
- Variety of shipping options
- Competitive prices
- Sort items by lots of different filters including price, brand, size, manufacturing country and more
With thousands of brands and millions of products, AliExpress offers a full shopping experience with loads of options to choose from. Browse through a range of protective masks at hugely discounted prices – you won’t be disappointed!
- Huge range of products, deals and sellers
- Variety of shipping options
- Competitive prices
When it comes to sourcing the right protective gear, Walmart won’t let you down. This retailer offers a wide range of products, including respirator masks, that will help keep you and your family or staff safe.
- Competitive prices
- Large range of products
- Sign up to get the weekly flyer for special offers direct to your inbox
- Ad match available
Clinical Supplies (In Stock)
Clinical Supplies provides top quality masks, gloves and hand sanitizers. They offer Canadian-wide delivery on all order from their warehouse which is located in British Columbia.
- Verified by Finder
- Bulk purchases over 10,000 units
- FDA registered KN95 masks
- Quick order dispatch (1-3 days)
Which of these retailers offer free shipping?
- Instacart: Free shipping available
- Amazon: Free shipping widely available, especially for Prime members
- eBay: Free shipping offered by many sellers
- Yes Wellness: Free shipping on orders that reach or exceed a certain amount
- Alibaba: Free shipping is offered on many products
- Bonanza: Free shipping offered by many sellers
- AliExpress: Free shipping options widely available
- Walmart: Free shipping on qualifying orders to select locations in Canada
Are people required to wear face masks in Canada?
It depends on where you live. Certain cities such as Ottawa, Toronto, Kingston in Ontario have implemented bylaws requiring people to wear face masks when in public. Outside these jurisdictions, businesses and other organizations may still exercise the discretion to require customers and employees to wear face masks. In some regions, wearing a mask is mandatory when riding public transit.
The consequences for failing to follow regional rules usually involve stiff fines ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars.
It’s expected that more cities will consider adopting similar bylaws in the future to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as per the World Health Organization’s recommendations. Previously, the WHO had issued a statement advising governments to request that people wear fabric face masks in public.
Take a look at this helpful page on the Government of Canada website to learn more about masks that offer the best protection during COVID-19. You can also learn about when and how to use masks from on the World Health Organization’s site.
Is it cheaper to buy face masks in bulk?
Usually, bulk orders are cheaper per unit than orders of smaller quantities. If you’re a business owner, essential worker or are caring for a sick loved one and will need to use disposable surgical masks regularly, buying in bulk can be a cost-effective option.
How many masks do I need for my employees?
If you are supplying disposable face masks to your employees for every shift, plan on at least one face mask per person per eight-hour workday.
Tips for using surgical masks
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends washing your hands with alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and water before putting on a face mask. Surgical masks are made to securely cover the mouth, nose and chin. Avoid touching a mask once it’s on your face to avoid contamination.
How to store face masks
If your face masks arrive individually packaged, do not remove the packaging until you’re ready to use the product. If you’ve received a shipment of bulk masks that aren’t individually wrapped, store unused masks in a closed, airtight container until ready to use. Be sure to thoroughly wash your hands before removing masks from the container to avoid contaminating the entire shipment.
How long do disposable face masks last?
One disposable mask can last an average of eight hours before needing to be replaced. Replace your mask sooner if it has become ripped or damaged.
Disposing of used face masks
Don’t hang on to a used surgical mask. Remove it from behind the head and ears, and put it into a (preferably closed) garbage bag right away, after which you should wash your hands.
Can you reuse disposable masks?
Surgical masks are not reusable, according to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), so you shouldn’t try to wash and re-wear yours. For optimal performance, it’s best to properly dispose of your mask after each use and put on a fresh one the next time it’s needed.
What’s the difference between surgical masks and N95 masks?
According to public health authorities in both Canada and the US, there are several main differences between surgical masks and N95 masks.
|Surgical masks||N95 respirator masks|
|Testing||Cleared by the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). The ASTM is an international standards organization recognized in Canada that develops and publishes technical standards for products.||Evaluated, tested and approved by NIOSH (US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health), a regulatory organization recognized in Canada.|
|Purpose||Protection against large droplets of hazardous fluids and respiratory droplets emitted by the wearer.||Protection against fine particles such as dust, smoke and aerosols.|
|Filtration||No filtration||Filters at least 95% of airborne particles|
How are surgical masks made?
Unlike cloth masks, surgical masks are made with non-woven, melted polypropylene, polystyrene, polycarbonate or other similar types of plastic. After melting, the strands of plastic cool and bond together, a process known as “melt blowing”.
This material is used to filter out small particles while allowing the wearer to breathe more easily. Most surgical masks consist of three or four layers, sandwiching a layer of textile between two layers of melt-blown fabric.
How to do a melt test
To test if your surgical mask is made of melt-blown fabric and not cloth, follow these steps to do a melt test. Use caution when working with open flames.
- Use scissors to cut through the mask so that you can peel the layers apart.
- Separate the top and bottom layers from the middle layer.
- Carefully apply a flame to the middle layer using a lighter.
- If the material melts, it’s melt-blown. If it lights on fire, it is not.
How are surgical masks tested?
Surgical masks are put through five tests to comply with regulations set by government agencies such as the FDA, NIOSH and OSHA:
- Bacterial or viral filtration efficiency (BFE or BVE). Measures the filtration ability of the mask against bacteria and/or viruses.
- Particle filtration efficiency. Measures the ability of the mask to filter out larger particles.
- Differential pressure. Determines the breathability of the mask.
- Synthetic blood fluid penetration resistance. Tests the ability of the mask to protect against fluid splashes.
- Flammability. Measures how slowly the mask takes to catch fire and how long it takes to burn.
Take a look at this helpful page on the Government of Canada website to learn more about masks that offer the best protection during COVID-19.
Looking for another type of mask?
Check out the following guides to find information, requirements and retailers that sell specific types of masks.
More guides on Finder
Rapid Test & Trace coupon codes October 2021
Cut costs on accurate antigen tests online at Rapid Test & Trace with one of the active coupon codes we’ve rounded up.
Best cheap stocks to buy now
Stock trading doesn’t have to be expensive. Using Finder’s proprietary algorithm, we’ve identified the best cheap Canadian and US stocks to buy now.
How to buy Ethereum (ETH) with Credit Card
Credit cards are a popular way for buying Ethereum (ETH). Learn how you can do the same by reading this guide
Where to buy outdoor Halloween decorations online in Canada 2021
We list some of the best retailers of outdoor Halloween decorations online in Canada to help you prepare your front yard for some trick-or-treating.
Top Brands like TNA 2021
Love TNA Clothing? Here’s everything you need to know about shopping at stores like TNA.
Where to buy an Xbox Series X online in Canada 2021
Treat yourself to the latest console from Xbox and find out where to get the best deal here.
Where to buy Pop It fidget toys 2021
Wondering what all the fuss is about? Get in on the new craze keeping little (and big) fingers busy this year.
Buying a car vs. driving a Zipcar in Canada
Which option is best for you depends on where you live and how often you need to drive.