BMO AIR MILES Mastercard Review
Dreaming of your next vacation? Earn AIR MILES on everyday purchases to get there faster.Earn 800 AIR MILES Bonus Miles. Plus, get a rate of 1.99% on balance transfers for 9 months. A 1% fee applies to transferred balances.
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||BMO AIR MILES Mastercard|
|Reward||Get 2 AIR MILES for every $20 spent at eligible AIR MILES partners, and get 1 AIR MILE for every $20 spent elsewhere.|
|Welcome Offer||Earn 800 AIR MILES Bonus Miles. Plus, get a rate of 1.99% on balance transfers for 9 months. A 1% fee applies to transferred balances.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||1.99% for the first 9 months (then 22.99%)|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Go to site|
- Think about this card if you collect AIR MILES but don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’d rather get more travel benefits or a low interest rate.
- There’s no minimum annual income required to qualify for this card.
Whether you’re a frequent flyer or an avid AIR MILES collector, chances are you could benefit from the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard.
- No annual fee. Save money with no annual fee.
- Collect AIR MILES. Get 2 AIR MILES for every $20 spent at eligible AIR MILES partners, and get 1 AIR MILE for every $20 spent elsewhere.
- Signup bonus. Earn 800 AIR MILES Bonus Miles.
- Flexible redemption. Redeem your miles for travel and merchandise.
- Purchase protection. Take advantage of extended warranty and insurance coverage on products you buy with your card.
- Balance transfer offer. Get a rate of 1.99% on balance transfers for 9 months. A 1% transfer fee will be charged for each transferred balance.
- Zero liability. Rest easy knowing that you won’t have to pay if there are fraudulent charges on your account.
- 24/7 support. Talk to customer service at any time of day to troubleshoot issues you might have with your card.
- Optional benefits. Pay more for added benefits like roadside assistance, balance protection or credit card alerts.
- No fee for additional cards. Get as many cards as you want without having to pay an extra fee.
What to watch out for
- Low return. Since the card has no annual fee, the AIR MILES earn rate is much lower per $1 spent.
- High interest. You’ll pay around 19.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.99% for cash advances.
- No travel perks. Unlike the World Elite version of this card, you won’t get travel benefits like medical insurance, airport lounge access or flight discounts.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” on this page to be directed to the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The BMO AIR MILES Mastercard is a good fit for AIR MILES members who want to collect more miles but don’t want to pay an annual fee. This card comes with a welcome offer, basic insurance and an introductory balance transfer rate.