BMO AIR MILES Mastercard Review
Dreaming of your next vacation? Earn with the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard on everyday purchases to get there faster.Get 800 AIR MILES Bonus Miles (enough for $80 towards purchases with AIR MILES Cash). Get a rate of 1.99% on balance transfers for 9 months. A 1% fee applies to transferred balances.
Up to 3x Air Miles for every $25 spent
|Rewards||Get 3x the AIR MILES for every $25 spent at eligible AIR MILES partners, and 1 AIR MILE for every $25 spent elsewhere.|
|Welcome Offer||Get 800 AIR MILES Bonus Miles (enough for $80 towards purchases with AIR MILES Cash).|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99% (21.99% for Quebec residents)|
|Balance Transfer Rate||1.99% for the first 9 months (then 22.99%)|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
- Think about this card if you collect AIR MILES but don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you’d rather get more travel benefits or a low interest rate.
- There’s no minimum annual income required to qualify for this card.
Whether you’re a frequent flyer or an avid AIR MILES collector, chances are you could benefit from the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard.
- No annual fee. Save money with no annual fee.
- Collect AIR MILES. Get 3x the AIR MILES for every $25 spent at eligible AIR MILES partners, and 1 AIR MILE for every $25 spent elsewhere.
- Signup bonus. Get 800 AIR MILES Bonus Miles (enough for $80 towards purchases with AIR MILES Cash).
- Flexible redemption. Redeem your miles for travel and merchandise.
- Purchase protection. Take advantage of extended warranty and insurance coverage on products you buy with your card.
- Balance transfer offer. Get a rate of 1.99% on balance transfers for 9 months. A 1% transfer fee will be charged for each transferred balance.
- Zero liability. Rest easy knowing that you won’t have to pay if there are fraudulent charges on your account.
- 24/7 support. Talk to customer service at any time of day to troubleshoot issues you might have with your card.
- Optional benefits. Pay more for added benefits like roadside assistance, balance protection or credit card alerts.
- No fee for additional cards. Get as many cards as you want without having to pay an extra fee.
What to watch out for
- Low return. Since the card has no annual fee, the AIR MILES earn rate is much lower per $1 spent.
- High interest. You’ll pay around 19.99% interest on outstanding balances and 22.99% (21.99% for Quebec residents) for cash advances.
- No travel perks. Unlike the World Elite version of this card, you won’t get travel benefits like medical insurance, airport lounge access or flight discounts.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click “Go to site” on this page to be directed to the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The BMO AIR MILES Mastercard is a good fit for AIR MILES members who want to collect more miles but don’t want to pay an annual fee. This card comes with a welcome offer, basic insurance and an introductory balance transfer rate.