Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Best Portfolio Trackers
After evaluating user reviews, industry expert appraisals and unique features, here is our list of the top 7 crypto portfolio trackers.
The high volatility and daily price fluctuations in the cryptocurrency markets mean portfolio trackers are crucial for both casual and professional crypto investors. There is no better way to keep an eye on your crypto investments in just a couple of clicks. However, not all are built equally.
Here, we’ve provided a concise run-through of our favourites in 2021, some of which our editorial team use daily.
How we picked these portfolio trackers
Our editorial team assessed numerous portfolio trackers by analysing marketing claims, weighing up authoritative comparative sites and evaluating user reviews. By combining these three levels of data collection we have whittled down our picks to the best ones we feel are currently available.
With the above criteria in mind, let’s go through our top 7.
Best crypto portfolio trackers
- Purchase cryptocurrencies through the platform and send them instantly to either an exchange or digital wallet
- Flexibility to trade on multiple exchanges from one platform
- Crypto news distributed from over 40 sources
- A premium package is required for unlimited exchange connections
Launched in 2017 as a crypto research provider, CoinStats‘ main product today is its state-of-the-art portfolio tracker. The tracker can be accessed via both desktop and mobile applications, which is why the application has been adopted by over 1,000,000 users and has tracked $100 billion in digital assets.
8,000 cryptocurrencies are available from over 300 different exchanges. Along with tracking a user’s portfolio, CoinStats offers the ability to make trades on all connected exchanges without the need to jump from one to the other. To make this process secure, all API keys are stored in an AWS Vault Service to ensure no funds are withdrawn fraudulently.
- The majority of features are included in the free basic package
- One of the most aesthetic and functional user interfaces on offer
- Streamlined news feeds
- Watchlists can be created for cryptocurrencies you would like to keep your eye on
- Portfolio totals in fiat, BTC and ETH
- Mobile-only application; no website or desktop app is currently available
- Delta Pro package is required for unlimited exchange connections
Delta is one of the most comprehensive and intuitive portfolio trackers currently available. Launched in 2017, the versatile mobile application has become one of the most popular options for crypto investors, perhaps second only to Blockfolio. With over 7,000 coins accessible and connections possible with over 300 exchanges, it is easy to see why.
Aesthetically pleasing yet extremely functional, Delta offers clear breakdowns of individual cryptocurrency holdings as well as access to quick portfolio totals in either your chosen fiat currency, BTC or even ETH. Alongside its portfolio-tracking duties, users can access news via Delta Direct and are provided with the ability to create market watchlists.
In 2019, Delta was acquired by the stock trading platform eToro. Together, the two have now developed the next iteration of Delta which includes all financial assets, including stocks, futures, ETFs, options and currencies.
- While offering similar features to other paid trackers, this tracker is completely free; there is a payment option for extra features such as Blockfolio Signal
- Blockfolio Signal allows for communication between crypto developers and supporters
- Offers two-factor authentication to further secure accounts
- Mobile-only application; users can not use Blockfolio on laptop or desktop
Blockfolio is a mobile application that allows users to both track cryptocurrency investments and trade through multiple exchanges. Launched in 2014, it is one of the oldest portfolio trackers and has amassed a user base of 6 million, dwarfing many other applications and placing it in the “heavyweight” category of trackers. The app is available in over 200 countries.
The mobile application offers a superior user experience. Supporting nearly every cryptocurrency available (10,000+) users should have no trouble finding even the quirkiest of altcoins. Uniquely, a feature called Blockfolio Signal allows over 500+ crypto development teams to directly communicate with their communities and supporters.
- Tracks all financial assets that you can think of including cryptocurrencies, stock portfolios, real estate and bank accounts
- Assets can be added manually via a spreadsheet-like table or via an automatic connection
- Pre-management of financial information for a beneficiary
- Kubera costs $15 per month which makes it one of the most expensive options
- The application is web-only with no mobile or desktop application available
Understanding your cryptocurrency portfolio is one thing, but what if you could combine your cryptocurrencies with other financial assets such as stock portfolios, bank accounts and real estate? Well, that is the niche that Kubera fills. It is now one of few applications that allow you to track all of your investments, from both the traditional finance and cryptocurrency worlds, all from one website dashboard.
Kubera has combined financial efficiency with a super clean design and aims to make the tracking of all that financial data an enjoyable process. There is a wide range of connections with crypto exchanges and for traditional finance, Kubera boasts connections to over 20,000 banks worldwide.
With increased information comes increased security and Kubera truly places this at the top of the priority list. There are no ads and no upsells on the web application and the system holds bank-grade security. The Dead Man’s Switch protocol even allows the pre-management of estates, where users can opt to send financial information to a beneficiary in the event of anything happening to them.
- Easy connection with multiple Apple devices
- User data is never transferred from the application and is never used by any independent third party
- Advanced security options using Apple’s TouchID and FaceID
- Only available with Apple products
- Smaller range of cryptocurrencies in comparison to other trackers, but still extensive
Starting out as a Bitcoin price ticker for the Apple Watch in 2015, Crypto Pro has developed into an independent portfolio tracker where users can track over 5,000 different cryptocurrencies.
Developed for Apple products, the application has strong support from the Apple ecosystem, with connectivity to all Apple products, including iCloud. Either manually or automatically imported from exchanges, it allows users to track their crypto portfolio from any connected Apple device.
For users looking for complete privacy, Crypto Pro stores all data locally on a user’s device rather than transferring it through the Internet. A user’s portfolio size, viewing habits and favourite coins always remain private.
Coin Market Manager
- Real-time price updates with updates to profit and loss
- Can monitor all positions from several exchanges in one place
- Automatically records all trades in a journal
- Advanced analytic charts for cryptocurrency pairs
- Can be an intimidating platform for those new to trading and cryptocurrencies
- No mobile application available
- Limited number of exchanges supported
Whilst many trackers aim themselves at crypto investors, Coin Market Manager (CMM) has been built for those looking to increase their BTC or ETH holdings by actively trading in and out of altcoins.
Coin Market Manager is quickly becoming the go-to portfolio tracker for active cryptocurrency traders. With prices updated in real time, the platform allows traders to make instant decisions. The platform provides detailed analytic charts far beyond the basics of other platforms. Although intimidating for beginners, experienced traders will find everything they need at their fingertips.
The platform automatically records all trades via its journal feature where users can use several performance visualisations to constantly improve trading strategy.
- The simple and easy-to-use interface that makes DeFi much less intimidating
- Easily connect and track DeFi investments
- Allows users to trade, invest and borrow on DeFi protocols
- Users cannot yet track regular cryptocurrency investments
- Does not yet connect with all DeFi protocols
While most crypto portfolio trackers focus on tracking cryptocurrency tokens, some delve into the new world of decentralised finance, or DeFi.
DeFi aims to decentralise traditional financial services through the application of blockchain technology. Within the DeFi ecosystem, there are many ways a crypto investor can put their cryptocurrencies to work through staking and yield farming. This adds another level of complexity that many original portfolio trackers can not yet handle. This is where DeFi trackers such as Zapper Finance come in.
Zapper Finance was launched in 2020 through a combination of older protocols DeFiSnap and DeFiZap. By interacting with 54 DeFi protocols, the platform has enabled over 500,000 people to monitor their DeFi investments. This includes monitoring returns on investments which are automatically calculated and updated on a daily basis.
Not only does Zapper allow users to track DeFi investments but it also provides a platform from which to complete DeFi transactions. Users can “Zap” into and out of DeFi protocols with a few simple clicks, which removes the need to understand and learn each protocol’s user interface. It is certainly an efficient and comfortable way for those not that familiar with DeFi to enter the DeFi space.
What is a crypto portfolio tracker?
A cryptocurrency portfolio tracker is an application that keeps a record of a user’s cryptocurrency holdings and portfolio value based on current market fluctuations. They are most commonly a website or mobile app but can come in other forms. They provide the ease of viewing your crypto holdings from one dashboard in just a couple of clicks.
Many cryptocurrency investors use several exchanges and digital wallets. With the cryptocurrency markets open 24/7, it can be confusing trying to determine how much of each token you have and what your total portfolio value is.
Portfolio trackers can connect with multiple exchanges and digital wallets to access transactional records and current price data. This means an investor can determine the current value of each cryptocurrency token and also the total portfolio value.
With the balance of your portfolio accessible via a couple of clicks, it is much easier to make investment decisions such as rebalancing, exiting positions, taking profits and hodling.
How to compare crypto portfolio trackers
Here are some things to consider when choosing your crypto portfolio tracker.
- User-friendliness. Is the tracker easy and efficient to use? Does the user interface engage you or make you want to switch it off?
- Inclusiveness and connectivity. Is the tracker capable of tracking a wide range of cryptocurrencies including even the most obscure altcoins? Are there any limitations to its connectivity with exchanges or digital wallets?
- Unique features. What is its USP (unique selling proposition)? What sets it apart from all other offers?
- Price. Is the service offered at a fair price in comparison to other trackers? Many trackers have a free version. That might be all you need.
- Security. What security features does the tracker employ? You do not want to be sharing any information regarding your private keys.
How secure are crypto portfolio trackers?
Crypto portfolio trackers are generally very secure. Like most things involved with the cryptocurrency industry, due to the high connectivity with the Internet, security has to be a number one priority.
All trackers work on an API (Application Programming Interface) basis with either an exchange or wallet. An API is just a piece of software that allows two programs to communicate. Data from an exchange or wallet is only accessible based on the permissions of the API connection that a user grants. This can be read-only or, if the portfolio tracker allows, it could be operational so that the tracker can trade when a user permits. The latter is usually granted without an option to withdraw.
Another handy feature that is becoming standard practice in the cryptocurrency sector is two-factor authentication. This provides an extra level of security to prevent unauthorised access to a tracking account and would be worth watching out for.
Security protocols will differ from tracker to tracker so it is worth researching how an individual tracker is secured and what preventative measures an application has in place.
Portfolio trackers considered
Best portfolio trackers ranked
- We have compared reviews from consumers, comparative analysis and documentation for 20 different portfolio trackers. User reviews have been weighted heaviest.
- Our editorial team has extensive experience using cryptocurrency for trading and DeFi, with portfolio trackers being an essential everyday tool.
- The products on this list are chosen by our editorial team and are not selected based on commercial relationships.
Why you can trust our picks
Cryptocurrency portfolio trackers are a relatively new application but have advanced considerably over the last five years. They are truly crucial for staying on top of cryptocurrency investments with many users favouring multiple exchanges and, for security reasons, distributing funds between multiple wallets.
The methodology for choosing our best portfolio trackers is unbiased and fair, primarily revolving around user experience, connectivity and security. A tracker should be straightforward to use, offer a wide range of cryptocurrencies and connections, and be extremely secure.
We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But Finder may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners and why you can trust our guides.
As you can see there is a wide variety of crypto portfolio trackers to choose from and you need to assess what features mean the most to you. Remember to review a couple before choosing your new tracker and hopefully, your chosen tracker can greatly assist you on your journey through the world of cryptocurrencies.
More guides on Finder
Best new bank account offers in April 2023
Earn cash, rewards points, bonus interest rates and more with these new bank account offers and promotions.
Best bad credit loans in Saskatchewan
Find out where you can apply for some of the best bad credit loans in Saskatchewan, and learn how to increase your chances of getting approved.
5 sites like AutoTrader
Compare alternatives to AutoTrader in Canada.
Is GoHenry in Canada?
This spending app uses games and quizzes to teach kids about finances. GoHenry isn’t in Canada, but there are alternatives.
Finder Crypto Trading Platform Awards 2023
Find out how major crypto exchanges and brokers fared in 2023’s Crypto Trading Platform Awards.
Can a non-resident open a bank account in Canada?
Foreigners and non-residents entering Canada can open a bank account with the right identification.
Lemonade Finance review
Your guide to the exchange rates, fees and processing times of Lemonade Finance international money transfers.
Debit cards with no foreign transaction fees in Canada
Avoid or lower your international transaction fees when shopping online or travelling overseas.
ESG investing statistics
70% of Canadians are willing to make less on their investments to invest in a socially responsible way.
Loans like Advance America
These providers offer similar loans to Advance America for quick cash.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.