This article contains links to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site. Learn more about how we make money.
Beanfield internet review
Take advantage of one of the most affordable high-speed Internet plans in Toronto with this reputable telecom company.
If you’re looking for lightning-fast Internet for an uber affordable price, you might like to check out Beanfield. This Toronto-based telecom company works to provide 1Gbps plans to residents of eligible condo and apartment buildings in the city.
Beanfield is able to keep its prices low because it only specializes in one speed of Internet and it runs its own fibre optic network. Keep reading to find out whether you can take advantage of Beanfield‘s high-speed Internet plans, and how to sign up today to start saving money.
- Speed. The only speed available is 1Gbps.
- Price. You’ll pay a set price of $50 for a high-speed plan.
- Minimum contract. Beanfield only offers month-to-month plans.
- Offers. There are no special offers since Beanfield already offers some of the lowest prices in the industry.
What is Beanfield?
Beanfield is an innovative telecom company that offers affordable prices for some of the highest-speed Internet plans in the industry. You’ll pay a set monthly payment of $50 for a 1Gbps plan, though you may need to pay additional fees for the hardware that you’ll need to link up to Beanfield‘s fibre optic network.
What plans does Beanfield offer?
Beanfield only offers one Internet plan, which is exclusively available to tenants of select condo and apartment buildings. The service doesn’t seem to be available to single-family dwellings.
- 1Gbps for $50 per month. The only plan available with Beanfield is essentially the Lamborghini of Internet plans. It’s as high-speed as they come and will support almost any type of Internet use. This can include instant downloads, high-intensity gaming and uninterrupted streaming for multiple users.
Does Beanfield allow bundling?
You won’t be able to bundle your Beanfield Internet with your TV or home phone since Beanfield already offers an exceptionally low price for its 1Gbps Internet plan. With Beanfield, this plan only costs $50, while with other providers it might cost between $90 and $160. That’s why Beanfield doesn’t offer additional rebates or bundling opportunities.
What other features should I know about?
Beanfield internet plan comes with a number of desirable features:
- Low cost. You’ll only pay $50 for a 1Gbps plan, which is very low by industry standards.
- Unlimited data. You can enjoy unlimited data on Beanfield internet plans for no additional fee.
- Symmetrical speeds. You’ll get the same speed whether you’re uploading or downloading.
- No contracts. You won’t be locked into a contract when you sign up, which means you can cancel at any time without penalty.
- Uninterrupted connection. Your Wi-Fi will be connected at source so you won’t need to worry about network congestion or throttled connections.
What to watch out for
- Hardware fees. You’ll have to pay for two devices – the fibre router and Wi-Fi access point – which will likely cost you a significant amount upfront.
- Only available in Toronto. You’ll only be able to take advantage of Beanfield‘s services if you live in Toronto.
- Limited to certain buildings. You may not be able to take advantage of Beanfield if your building is already signed up with another fibre optic provider.
- No budget plans. There are no ultra-low-speed plans on offer that will let you knock a few extra bucks off your bill.
- Few extras. There are limited options for extras like Internet security packages or wall-to-wall Wi-Fi coverage.
How do I sign up with Beanfield?
- Visit Beanfield‘s website and fill in your postal code to find out if you can get service to your building.
- Order your Beanfield internet online or by calling Beanfield‘s customer service department.
- Arrange a technician to come out to install the hardware and activate your plan.
- Sign up for an account with Beanfield to manage your bills.
Beanfield is a well-loved Internet provider that provides high-speed Internet to apartment buildings and condos in Toronto. It only offers one plan with one speed – 1Gbps – for a very reasonable fee of $50 per month. That said, it may charge high fees for its hardware and you won’t have access to the service unless your building is linked up to Beanfield‘s fibre optic network.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance review
Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance can cover you up to $1,000,000 with guaranteed premiums and offers you coverage for a specific length of time.
CIBC Smart Account review
Users who bank with CIBC gain access to an array of perks with this flexible chequing account.
CIBC Smart for Students Account review
Students who only require a basic chequing account will benefit from the CIBC Smart for Students Account.
Scotiabank Money Master Savings Account Review
Earn interest on your savings and get free Scotiabank transfers when you sign up for this fee-free account.
BMO eclipse Visa Infinite review
Want a credit card that works for you? Earn more rewards for everyday purchases and enjoy a wealth of benefits when you sign up with BMO.
BMO Performance Chequing Account review
Get unlimited transactions and a generous welcome bonus when you sign up for this mid-level chequing account.
American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card review
Earn Aeroplan Points when you spend money on your business with this premium credit card.
American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card Review
Earn accelerated Aeroplan Points and enjoy a wide array of travel benefits and airport perks with this premium credit card.
TD Every Day Chequing Account Review
Enjoy 25 free transactions and a handful of other banking perks for a reasonable monthly fee with this mid-level chequing account.
TD Minimum Chequing Account review
Pay a low monthly fee to get 12 free transactions with this basic chequing account.