Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Beanfield internet review
Take advantage of one of the most affordable high-speed Internet plans in Toronto with this reputable telecom company.
If you’re looking for lightning-fast Internet for an uber affordable price, you might like to check out Beanfield. This Toronto-based telecom company works to provide 1Gbps plans to residents of eligible condo and apartment buildings in the city.
Beanfield is able to keep its prices low because it only specializes in one speed of Internet and it runs its own fibre optic network. Keep reading to find out whether you can take advantage of Beanfield‘s high-speed Internet plans, and how to sign up today to start saving money.
- Speed. The only speed available is 1Gbps.
- Price. You’ll pay a set price of $50 for a high-speed plan.
- Minimum contract. Beanfield only offers month-to-month plans.
- Offers. There are no special offers since Beanfield already offers some of the lowest prices in the industry.
What is Beanfield?
Beanfield is an innovative telecom company that offers affordable prices for some of the highest-speed Internet plans in the industry. You’ll pay a set monthly payment of $50 for a 1Gbps plan, though you may need to pay additional fees for the hardware that you’ll need to link up to Beanfield‘s fibre optic network.
What plans does Beanfield offer?
Beanfield only offers one Internet plan, which is exclusively available to tenants of select condo and apartment buildings. The service doesn’t seem to be available to single-family dwellings.
- 1Gbps for $50 per month. The only plan available with Beanfield is essentially the Lamborghini of Internet plans. It’s as high-speed as they come and will support almost any type of Internet use. This can include instant downloads, high-intensity gaming and uninterrupted streaming for multiple users.
Does Beanfield allow bundling?
You won’t be able to bundle your Beanfield Internet with your TV or home phone since Beanfield already offers an exceptionally low price for its 1Gbps Internet plan. With Beanfield, this plan only costs $50, while with other providers it might cost between $90 and $160. That’s why Beanfield doesn’t offer additional rebates or bundling opportunities.
What other features should I know about?
Beanfield internet plan comes with a number of desirable features:
- Low cost. You’ll only pay $50 for a 1Gbps plan, which is very low by industry standards.
- Unlimited data. You can enjoy unlimited data on Beanfield internet plans for no additional fee.
- Symmetrical speeds. You’ll get the same speed whether you’re uploading or downloading.
- No contracts. You won’t be locked into a contract when you sign up, which means you can cancel at any time without penalty.
- Uninterrupted connection. Your Wi-Fi will be connected at source so you won’t need to worry about network congestion or throttled connections.
What to watch out for
- Hardware fees. You’ll have to pay for two devices – the fibre router and Wi-Fi access point – which will likely cost you a significant amount upfront.
- Only available in Toronto. You’ll only be able to take advantage of Beanfield‘s services if you live in Toronto.
- Limited to certain buildings. You may not be able to take advantage of Beanfield if your building is already signed up with another fibre optic provider.
- No budget plans. There are no ultra-low-speed plans on offer that will let you knock a few extra bucks off your bill.
- Few extras. There are limited options for extras like Internet security packages or wall-to-wall Wi-Fi coverage.
How do I sign up with Beanfield?
- Visit Beanfield‘s website and fill in your postal code to find out if you can get service to your building.
- Order your Beanfield internet online or by calling Beanfield‘s customer service department.
- Arrange a technician to come out to install the hardware and activate your plan.
- Sign up for an account with Beanfield to manage your bills.
Beanfield is a well-loved Internet provider that provides high-speed Internet to apartment buildings and condos in Toronto. It only offers one plan with one speed – 1Gbps – for a very reasonable fee of $50 per month. That said, it may charge high fees for its hardware and you won’t have access to the service unless your building is linked up to Beanfield‘s fibre optic network.