Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Average Audi A5 insurance cost for 2021
Find out the average Audi A5 insurance cost in Canada, and what factors contribute to it.
The average cost for auto insurance on an Audi A5 is $339 a month — or $4,068 a year, which is much higher than the average of any one province or territory. Keep in mind though that your actual cost may vary based on your location, among many other factors. For example, the average cost of auto insurance in Ontario is $1,505, compared to New Brunswick’s much more modest average of $867.
Compare free Audi A5 insurance quotes online
Compare Audi A5 insurance rates to other Audi models
A 2021 Audi A5 starts at a base price of $50,700. With the average insurance rate at $4,068 per year, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 8%.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How to compare Audi A5 insurance in Canada
Shopping for auto insurance on an Audi A5 can be difficult when all policies sound the same. Many providers use similar language and coverage options, making it tough to compare products. Knowing what to look for can make it easier to shop around and find the best auto insurance for an Audi A5. Here are a few factors you should consider:
- Price. Although price is important, it’s best used a tool to compare similar policy options rather than your deciding factor.
- Deductible. Choose a deductible that suits your budget and situation. Higher deductibles may cost more up front but can make for lower monthly premiums. Similarly, a lower deductible costs less if you file a claim, but could cost you more in monthly premiums
- Minimum coverage. Every province and territory requires drivers to have car insurance. Make sure your provincial or territorial minimums are met before choosing a policy.
- Additional coverage. Personal injury protection and uninsured motorist coverage are just two of the many available types of extended coverage. Be sure to choose a provider that offers the additional coverage you need.
- Extras. Accident forgiveness, roadside assistance and no-deductible glass repair are all extras that may be available on your policy. If extra features are important to you, be sure to speak with your provider to find out whats available.
- Restrictions. Some policies may have restrictions on ridesharing, traveling out of the country, or other limitations. Be aware of any restrictions to avoid gaps in coverage or bring denied claims.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Some manufacturers have partnerships with insurance providers to provide special offers or discounts. Speak with your Audi dealer to find out if any offers are available.
- Warranty. Find out what coverage is offered through your manufacturer warranty to avoid paying for extra coverage you don’t need
What factors affect car insurance on Audi A5 cars?
Insurance providers calculate your premiums based on your risk of getting into an accident, costs of repairs, chances of your vehicle getting stolen and more. Because of this, the vehicle you drive plays a large part in the price you’ll pay for auto insurance. Here’s are a few factors that affect insurance rates for the Audi A5.
- Body type. The Standard Audi A5 is a 2-door coupe. This will likely be more expensive to insure compared to a sedan, but less than a sports car.
- Type of car. The A5 Coupe is considered a luxury small car. Luxury vehicles are generally more expensive to insure due to cost of repairs, increased probability of theft, and more.
- Theft. Sedans are a very frequently stolen types of vehicle, so choosing the coupe option may save you money on auto insurance.
- Repairs. Parts and service providers for Audi vehicles are abundant, which could help bring down the cost of auto insurance. However, since it’s a luxury vehicle, repairing interior or body damage could be expensive.
- Safety ratings. The A5 comes packed with a number of safety features that can help mitigate damage to occupants and the vehicle itself during an accident. This could help reduce the cost of auto insurance.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
The Audi A5 Coupe is a luxury sports vehicle that’s designed for both comfort and pleasure. While it makes a great daily driver, it’s also suited for scenic drives and exploring the open road. Part of the excitement of buying a new vehicle comes from building it the way you want it. Whether that’s a sports package to increase the top speed or upgraded safety packages to protect your passengers, the build options you choose can affect the performance of your vehicle. Because of this, your insurance premiums may differ depending on the packages and trims you choose. Based on the Audi A5 coupe, here’s how different models, trims and packages might affect your insurance rates:
- A5 Sportback. Opting for the A5 Sportback over the coupe could impact insurance rates since it’s better suited for families and more casual driving. However, since sedans are the a very frequently stolen type of vehicle, providers may consider it higher risk.
- A5 Cabriolet. Sports cars are generally more expensive than coupes when it comes to auto insurance. The cabriolet’s higher price tag and sportier design could lead to higher premiums.
Trim & drivetrain
- Komfort. The standard trim and drivetrain package on the Audi A5. This features a 248 HP engine and goes from 0-100 km in 5.9 seconds. This package shouldn’t affect your insurance rates.
- Progressive. The Progressiv package adds a number of driver assistance, exterior, and interior features. The increase in visibility and safety could lead to lower premiums.
- Technik. The Technik package adds even more features that can increase visibility and make the vehicle safer to drive. While the higher price tag may affect premiums, the improvement in driver safety might help you save.
Packages and options
- S Line Sport Package. Other than the sport suspension, most features in this package are aesthetic. Since the performance isn’t affected, it’s unlikely that this package will impact your premiums.
- Advanced Driver Assistance Package. This package adds adaptive cruise control, lane assist, traffic assist, and more. The increase in safety could help reduce insurance rates.
- S Line Black Package. This package may affect your vehicles handling, which could impact the cost of car insurance.
- Comfort Seating Package. Because this package only alters the seats and not the performance, it’s unlikely to impact your insurance rates too much.
Audi A5 money-saving safety features
You could save money on car insurance for your Audi A5 if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear back-up sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi A5 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your vehicle may be eligible for various auto insurance discounts depending on which provider you choose. However, the exact discounts you receive may vary depending on location, provider, options, and other factors. Here are a few that could apply to the Audi A5:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi A5?
J.D. Power hasn’t rated the 2020 A5 yet. However, Audi was awarded the J.D. Performance Award for 2020, which is awarded to the car company with the highest design and performance ratings by new car owners within 90 days of purchasing their car.
The Audi A5 has been around since 2007, leaving plenty of time for Audi to work out any major issues with the vehicle. In doing so, there have been multiple recalls over the years:
- 2018: The front suspension fasteners on some A5 Sportsback were not tightened properly, which could potentially cause the wheel to come off the vehicle.
- 2013-2017: The electric coolant pump on certain in some 2.0L TFSI engines may have short circuited, potentially causing a fire.
- 2013-2016: There was potential for the auxiliary heater’s electrical connector to corrode, which would cause the wires to overheat, melt and even catch fire.
How safe is the Audi A5?
Although the 2020 Audi A5 has not yet been rated, the 2019 Audi A5 received a 78/100 consumer rating from J.D. Power. It holds good scores, the highest possible rating, in all categories according to the IIHS. It has not yet been rated by the NHTSA. The vehicle comes packed with a number of safety features, making it great for commuting, pleasure, and daily driving.
Audi A5 maintenance
The Audi A5 is a luxury sports vehicle that’s designed for both convenience and pleasure. It doesn’t require a great deal of maintenance, but it’s important to stay on top of oil changes and manufacturer recommendations to ensure it performs at its best. Here’s what to expect in terms of oil changes, mileage, and maintenance on an Audi A5.
- Audi provides your first scheduled maintenance free of charge, which occurs at 1 year or 15,000 kilometres. After that, follow the maintenance schedule outlined in your owners manual.
- The 2020 Audi A5 Coupe gets an average of 8.8 litres per 100 kilometres, with 10.0 in the city and 7.3 on the highway.
- The 2020 Audi A5 Sportback gets an average of 8.8 litres per 100 kilometres, with 10.0 in the city and 7.3 on the highway.
- The 2020 Audi A5 Cabriolet gets an average of 8.8 litres per 100 kilometres, with 10.0 in the city and 7.4 on the highway.
- Audi encourages owners to bring their A5 to a dealer for service, but generally won’t void your warranty if you bring it elsewhere.
- The 2020 Audi A5 comes with a 4-year/80,000-km warranty and 24-hour roadside assistance.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi A5?
The Audi A5 comes with a 4-year or 80-000 kilometre warranty, but you may want to consider extending your coverage after it expires. This is available in the form of the Audi Certified Plus Limited Warranty, which is available after the new vehicle warranty expires. If purchased, the Audi Certified :plus Limited Warranty becomes effective and provides coverage for 5 years or up to 100,000 km. The extended warranty might be worth considering if you drive your vehicle very frequently or plan on selling it in the future.
About the Audi A5
The Audi A5 has been in production since 2007. The Audi A5 is a line of compact executive cars. The 2020 model was not evaluated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Insurance companies determine the insurance cost for an Audi A5 based on safety ratings, theft rates, replacement costs and overall damage susceptibility. Insurance rates can change based on your driving history and location. If you’re considering an Audi A5, grab quotes from several insurance companies to find the lowest premium possible before you commit. Do your research to see if you qualify for insurance discounts.
Bottom line on Audi A5 insurance
The Audi A5 is a luxury sports car that’s designed for comfort & pleasure. With a handful of standard safety, performance and driver convenience features, it’s perfect for commuting, scenic road trips, or any other excuse to get it on the road. Depending on your preference, the A5 is also available as a 4-door sportback or a convertible. However, the build options and packages on your A5 may affect insurance rates, making it important to compare your options to find out how much you’ll actually pay to insure this vehicle.
Frequently asked questions about the Audi A5
More guides on Finder
Compare the latest new car technology for 2021
With sensors and computers, new car tech helps make driving safer for everyone on the road. Find out about the latest vehicle technology.
Buy a car completely online through Clutch, a car-buying platform with over 700 vehicles.
Car loan statistics
Since July 2016, Canada has owed on average $2.8 billion per year in car loans, with lenders advancing $4.1 billion in July of 2020. Find out more about the state of car loans in Canada.
How to lower car insurance costs
You don’t need to pay more for car insurance than necessary. Find out the 9 easiest ways to pay less and save on your monthly car insurance bill.
Hyundai Elantra insurance rates
The average Hyundai Elantra car insurance cost is $290 a month, or $3,474 a year. Compare different insurance providers to find the best price.
aha car insurance review
aha car insurance is an optimal solution for individuals in Ontario that want quick, stable coverage.
Onlia car insurance review
Onlia auto insurance is a favourable solution for individuals that want quick, easy-to-understand coverage.
Capital One car rental insurance
All Capital One Mastercard credit cards in Canada offer car rental insurance. Find out how this feature works and compare cards offering it here.
Honda Accord insurance rates
The average Honda Accord car insurance cost is $249 a month, or $2,988 a year. Compare different insurance providers to find the best price.
How much does Audi R8 insurance cost?
Car insurance rates for the Audi R8 average at $406 a month, or $4,872 a year. Learn what features affect its car insurance rates.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.