Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Audi A4 insurance cost
Average Audi A4 insurance rates in Canada
How much does Audi A4 insurance cost?
The Audi A4 has been in production since 1994 and is part of a line of compact executive cars. It’s known as a top luxury small car in the market for its high performing standard features and comfortable seating.
The average Audi A4 insurance cost is $354 a month or $4,224 a year. With a base price of $43,100, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 9.8%.
Compare free Audi A4 insurance quotes
Compare Audi A4 insurance rates to other Audi models
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How to compare Audi A4 insurance
Shopping for auto insurance can be overwhelming; it’s tough to compare your options when all policies seem similar and providers use the same terminology. However, being informed about the different variables can help you find a policy and provider that suit your Audi A4. Here are a few things you should consider when shopping for auto insurance:
- Price. Price is a major factor when choosing your auto insurance policy. Once you’ve determined exactly how much coverage you need, use that sample policy to compare rates from different providers.
- Deductible. Find a deductible amount that’s affordable if you need to file a claim but not too low that it increases your premiums.
- Minimum coverage. The vast majority of states have mandatory minimum coverage amounts. Above all other considerations, ensure that your policy meets your provincial minimums, otherwise, it’s illegal to drive on public roads.
- Additional coverage. Uninsured motorist and medical payments coverage are two of the many extended coverage options that providers offer. Be sure to find a provider that has what you need.
- Extras. Extras like roadside assistance and accident forgiveness can provide peace of mind on and off the road. If you require any extra policy features, be sure to shop around before deciding on a provider.
- Restrictions. Some providers may have restrictions on coverage. Whether you’re planning on driving out of the country or just want to stay informed, ask your provider about potential restrictions before buying a policy.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Speak with your dealership to find out if Audi has any partnerships or loyalty programs with insurance providers.
- Warranty. Read through your vehicle’s warranty information to avoid purchasing extras from your provider that might already be covered.
What factors affect Audi A4 insurance rates?
Providers determine your rates based on your risk of collisions and potential cost of paying claims. While your location and driving history, among many other factors, will influence the price you pay for car insurance, the vehicle you drive is a major factor. Here are a few vehicle-specific factors that may affect Audi A4 insurance rates.
- Body type. The A4 is a four-door sedan, generally used for commuting, errands, and other light use. It likely won’t be driven in higher risk situations like off-road or on a racetrack, which might make for lower premiums relative to trucks or sports cars.
- Type of car. The A4 is a luxury sedan, a type of vehicle that is generally more expensive to insure than a compact car, but cheaper than an SUV.
- Theft. Sedans have the highest theft rate of all vehicles, which could be reflected in the price you pay for auto insurance.
- Repairs. While Audi vehicles are common, some parts may need to be imported or installed by a trained technician. This may increase the cost of repairs, which could translate to higher premiums.
- Safety ratings. In general, Audi vehicles have great safety ratings, the A4 included. This may make for lower premiums since safer vehicles are often cheaper to insure.
How does my Audi A4’s trim affect insurance costs?
The Audi A4 is considered a luxury sedan, which makes it a great choice for a daily driver. It comes standard with a number of safety and convenience-oriented features to provide a comfortable and safe drive. However, you may choose to configure your vehicle to include performance packages, additional safety features, or other options. In doing so, your insurance premiums may be affected, since trims, packages, and accessories can change how the vehicle performs.
Audi A4 money-saving safety features
You could save money on car insurance for your Audi A4 if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear backup sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi A4 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your vehicle may be eligible for various auto insurance discounts depending on which provider you choose.
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
How reliable is the Audi A4?
The 2020 A4 holds good ratings in crashworthiness, crash avoidance and mitigation from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The 2020 model also won the Performance Award and the Quality Award from J.D. Power.
While many sources agree that the A4 is a reliable vehicle, it’s pretty much on par with other vehicles in its class.
There have been a number of recalls on Audi A4 models, all stemming from different issues.
- 2017. Over 30,000 A4, A4 Allroad and A5 Sportback vehicles were recalled due to the aluminum trim around door speakers coming loose and exposing sharp edges. Other recalls on this model include frontal and head airbags not deploying properly, side marker lights not illuminating, and seatbelt pretensioner errors.
- 2016. Almost 350,000 various Audi vehicles including the 2016 A4 were affected by issues with the engine’s electric cooling pump overheating, which increased the risk of a fire.
- 2015. A number of 2015 Audi A4 models were recalled due to reports of the electrical connector on the auxiliary heater becoming corroded and causing a fire hazard. Other recalls for this model year include coolant pumps overheating and front airbags not deploying.
- 2013-2014. Many of the recalls for the 2015 models also apply to the 2013 and 2014 A4. This includes auxiliary heater wiring overheating, coolant pump issues, and front airbags not deploying properly.
Most recent Audi A4 models have very few common problems. The 2009 model has the most complaints overall, but 2011 is considered the worst iteration due to high repair costs and lower mileage.
Audi A4 maintenance
While the Audi A4 is considered a fairly reliable vehicle, you can extend its life and maintain performance with some simple, routine maintenance. Here’s what you can expect in terms of oil changes, service appointments, mileage, and more.
- According to the 2020 Audi maintenance schedule, your vehicle should be brought in for minor maintenance every 30,000 km after the initial 15,000. Standard maintenance should be done every 30,000 km or 2 years, whichever comes first.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi A4?
The Audi A4 comes with a 5-year, 100,000 km warranty. If purchased, the Audi Certified Plus CPO Tier One Limited Warranty becomes effective and provides coverage for an additional 1 years or up to 20,000 additional kilometres.
The Audi A4 is a luxury sedan that has been around for decades. It’s popular for families, commuters, and anyone else who values comfort and attention to detail. Whether you’re looking to upgrade your current sedan or are just curious to see what Audi has to offer, the A4 is spacious and loaded with safety features, making it a great daily driver. However, since it’s a luxury vehicle, insurance premiums may be higher than an average compact sedan, so you should compare your options to find the actual rate you’ll pay to insure this vehicle.
Frequently asked questions about Audi A4 insurance
More guides on Finder
Find the best life insurance policy for your family when you compare providers with this innovative online platform.
Walnut Life Insurance review
Sign up for term life insurance and get access to a number of popular lifestyle apps as part of your coverage.
Car loans in Ontario
Compare car loans in Ontario for new and used vehicles.
Canada Drives vs Clutch vs CarDoor
Compare the top features of 3 online car dealers in Canada: Canada Drives, Clutch and CarDoor.
If you’re thinking of buying a used car in the Greater Toronto Area, check out online car buying platform CarDoor.
Compare the latest new car technology for 2021
With sensors and computers, new car tech helps make driving safer for everyone on the road. Find out about the latest vehicle technology.
Buy a car completely online through Clutch, a car-buying platform with over 700 vehicles.
Can a teen buy their own car?
Avoid sales traps and watch for hidden costs when shopping for a new ride.
How to finance an Acura in Canada
Discover your Acura financing options, including what interest rate and loan terms you can expect.
If you are looking for a car loan and live in Ontario, check out online lender AutoLoanProviders.ca.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.