Ampli cash back app review
Get rewarded for shopping with partner brands when you download the Ampli app by RBC and link it to your bank account.Link your debit and credit cards to the Ampli app and earn cash back at 50+ big retailers across Canada. Enter promo code AMPLI5 to receive a $5.00 cash back bonus on signup.
Find out more about how you can benefit from Ampli, and download the app today to start earning money back at select locations.
How does the Ampli cash back app work?Ampli is a money-saving app that was launched by the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) in 2019. The app is meant to serve as a simple tracking tool that lets you earn cash back for shopping with a number of popular Canadian retailers. All you need to do is download the app on your mobile phone and link it to your bank account to get started.
Once you’re linked up, Ampli uses third-party technology to comb through your account and give you cash back on eligible purchases. You can also sign up and complete challenges for Ampli‘s Dreamstakes competition to earn entries into the contest. This will give you a chance to earn cash prizes and other rewards.
Which companies does Ampli partner with?
The Ampli cash back app partners with several brand-name companies in Canada. These include WestJet, Sephora, Petro-Canada, Rexall, Best Buy, Indigo, Fairmont, Dyson, The Source, Toys R Us and BP. You can see the entire list of participating stores by visiting Ampli’s website or by checking out the “Earn” section in its app.
How can I sign up for the Ampli cash back app?
Click the green ‘Go to site’ button above to be redirected to the Google Play or the Apple Store. Once it’s downloaded, you’ll log in and enter some personal information to create an account. From there, you’ll be asked to link your bank account as well as any debit or credit cards you would like Ampli to scan for purchases. Don’t forget to input your promo code!
Is Ampli safe to use?Ampli is very safe to use since it’s owned and operated by the Royal Bank of Canada. RBC is a Big Five Canadian bank that’s well-versed in providing top-rated security features to its customers. This means all of your personal information will be encrypted and your privacy will be protected up to bank-level standards.
Does the Ampli cash back app cost money to use?
The best part about the Ampli cash back app is that it’s free to use and you’ll actually get rewarded for spending money. Ampli makes a profit by incentivizing you to shop with certain retailers, but it doesn’t need anything from you in return.
This means you won’t need to pay membership dues or other fees to participate in the service. You also won’t be prompted to make in-app purchases, which means more of the cash you earn goes directly into your pocket.
How much money can I earn?You'll be able to earn between 1% and 10% cashback on your purchases, depending on where you shop. Earn amplified cash back when you spend with an RBC debit or credit card. Cash back rewards never expire.
For example, you might earn 6% cash back when you buy makeup at Sephora and 1% cash back when you fill up your tank at Petro-Canada. You can also make money when you complete challenges to compete in Ampli’s Dreamstakes competition.
If you’re keen to earn more, your best bet is to keep an eye on the “Earn” section of the Ampli cash back app to find out where the hottest deals are at any given moment. Keep in mind that you can also continue to earn money with other loyalty cards, so you may want to shop at locations where you’re able to double up your rewards.
What is Ampli‘s Dreamstakes competition?
The Ampli cash back app offers a Dreamstakes competition that lets you complete challenges to win cash prizes. For example, your challenge could be to fill up your tank 2 times at Petro-Canada or spend $50 at Sephora. Once you complete the challenge, you’ll be entered to win a cash prize. This could be a grand prize of up to $50,000, a smaller cash prize or a gift certificate worth up to $1,000.
What’s it like using the Ampli cash back app?
Pros and cons of the Ampli cash back app
- Free to use. You won’t have to pay a monthly or annual fee to sign up for the Ampli cash back app.
- cash back rewards. Once your balance reaches $15, you can easily send an Interac e-Transfer to your bank account to access your funds.
- Many partners. There are a number of big name partners you can shop with to earn up to 10% cashback on your purchases.
- Bonus competitions. You’ll be able to complete in-app challenges to enter your name into the draw to win big in Ampli’s monthly Dreamstakes competition.
- Easy purchase tracking. There’s no need to upload receipts or catalogue your spending. Ampli will simply track your purchases and add up your savings as you shop.
- Top-notch security. Ampli is owned by the Royal Bank of Canada, which means it has bank-calibre security measures in place to protect your personal information.
- Bank account information is required. You’ll have to input your bank account info into the app, which may raise security concerns for some customers.
- Minimum cash out balance. You can only cash out your balance once you've reached $15, which means you’ll have to forfeit cash earned if you delete the app before then.
- Specific cards must be linked. You’ll have to link every debit and credit card you spend money on separately if you want to earn cash back on multiple cards.
- Some retailers aren’t included. You can only earn cash back at retail stores that Ampli partners with – though they’re adding more and more partners every day.
The Ampli cash back app is a no-fuss rewards program that lets you earn cash back when you spend money with specific retailers. It doesn’t require any effort on your part other than to link your bank account with the app. From there, Ampli will mine your transactions and reward you with a percentage of cash back for every qualifying purchase you make.