Amazon’s Black Friday deals get better every year in Canada. So get ready for Friday, November 23rd.
Starting life in 1994 as an online bookstore, Amazon has since become the largest online retailer in the world, offering products that range from electronics and home goods to live insects and Nicolas Cage pillowcases.
Amazon’s expansion into tablets in 2007 and video streaming in 2011 only cemented its status as a major player in digital technology. And it’s stepped up the game on finding the best holiday deals by participating in annual Black Friday deals sure to save you a buck or two.
Black Friday is the biggest retail day in the United States — and becoming more and more popular each year in Canada – so it’s your chance to take advantage of even more spectacular savings on Amazon.
Black Friday falls this year on November 23, 2018. But if you’re looking to catch deals, bookmark Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Store. We’ll also update this page as we catch wind of new Amazon sales and discounts.
Amazon Black Friday deals
Popular Amazon coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|6 Dec 2018||Save 10% or more on Xbox||********|
|27 Nov 2018||GhostBed 100 night mattress trial + free shipping!||********|
|29 Oct 2018||Try Prime Video for FREE with a 30-day trial||********|
|23 Aug 2018||Save 15% on your first Luxury Beauty purchase||********|
|23 Aug 2018||Up to 10% off sale||********|
Like you, we’re eagerly awaiting full details on Black Friday savings. But Amazon is dispelling some of the mystery by announcing its Black Friday Deals Store weeks ahead of US Thanksgiving weekend.
Through its Black Friday Deals Store, you can start planning what you’ll choose from toys, electronics, holiday decorations and clothing for all cuts. You’ll save on LG, Samsung and Sony as well as the brands we all really care about: LEGO, Star Wars and Melissa & Doug.
Sneak peek of Amazon’s Black Friday electronics deals
Early Black Friday savings have already kicked off, so make sure you’re refreshing Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Store regularly to snag some of the hottest deals on Echo, Fire TV Stick and more before Black Friday rolls around for other retailers.
Some of the best Black Friday electronics deals that Amazon has already released include:
- Buy 2 Echo Shows, Save $100
- Save $20 when you buy Fire TV Stick + Echo Dot bundle
- Save $50 when you buy three Echo 2nd gens
- 25% off all pre-owned Fire tablets with Alexa
- Save $100 on 2017 Sony 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TVs
You’ll also want to be on the lookout for huge savings on electronics from third-party sellers and small businesses on the Amazon marketplace. Keep in mind, though, that these deals tend to run out quickly and can change pretty regularly.
Our tips? Keep checking back on this page and Amazon’s Black Friday Store page for the most up-to-date Black Friday savings, and act fast when you do see a deal you just can’t pass up!
What can I buy from Amazon on Black Friday?
Here’s what you’ll find among Amazon’s most popular items:
Home and Garden
Books and Audible
Toys and Games
Amazon Echo and Alexa
History of Amazon and Black Friday
Like other major retailers, Amazon capitalizes on the ongoing shopping and marketing trend that is Black Friday.
- In 2010, Amazon was a front-runners in exporting our Black Friday tradition to the UK.
- In 2015, Amazon sold some 54 million items worldwide on Black Friday.
- In 2016, Amazon featured 75,000 deals from Black Friday to Cyber Monday alone.
- Amazon now announces deals weeks ahead of Black Friday, with 2017 deals already live for a look.
Check out Amazon’s 2018 Electronics Gift Guide
This year’s guide offers an extensive list of popular electronics to help you land the ideal tech gift for your loved ones (or yourself).
Choose from convenient categories:
Or browse from our top picks:
Amazon Echo Dot
Apple 13" MacBook Pro
Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch
Check out Amazon’s 2018 Home Gift Guide
Peruse an exhaustive list of categories: furniture and home decor, sports and outdoors, cooking and baking, under $25 and more. Spruce up your home or find the primo present with this Amazon guide.
Choose from convenient categories:
Or browse our top picks:
Keurig K55 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
Petcube Bites Pet Camera
Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier
Do I need Amazon Prime?
No, you don’t need Prime to shop Amazon’s Black Friday deals. But members could get early or exclusive access to bigger discounts, not to mention early access to Amazon Key.
Amazon Prime 30-day free trial from Amazon
After your free trial, Amazon Prime is just $10.99/month. Cancel anytime.View details
Back to top
How Amazon games the system (and how you might be able to game Amazon)
Way back in 2015, Amazon dropped an ad for Black Friday deals two days prior to the shopping frenzy. Last year, it gave consumers a heads up on cyber deals a whole week early.
This year, we’re getting a preview on the first day of Turkey Month: November 1st. Amazon kicks off Black Friday with bonkers announcements that include:
- Free shipping on more than 100 million items. That’s not a typo: Literally millions of fun and functional things can be shipped to you at no additional cost.
- Amazon Key available to Prime 11/8. If you’re a Prime member, be among the first to use Amazon’s new service that delivers packages inside your home while you’re out.
- Voice shopping with Alexa. Say “yes” to beam an item to your doorstep. And no worries if don’t get it quite right: Products you order through Alexa are eligible for free returns.
- Take up orders at a Treasure Truck. In select cities, you can order exclusive items through the app for pickup truckside all season long.
- Harness a Lightning Deal. Priced to sell out fast, these time-sensitive discounts pop up once every five minutes — and Prime members get 30-minute early access this year.
- Tune in to the Amazon App. Set updates and reminders for items you’re particularly interested in to get a nudge when a sale goes live. This year, the app includes an AR feature for you to see thousands of items in specific spaces before you buy.
Amazon has the upper hand over in-store retailers because it’s literally open year-round — even as you stuff yourself silly on Thanksgiving.