Up to 51% off Canada last-minute getaways
From castles to treehouses to chic apartments to country homesteads – you can find all kinds of accommodation on Airbnb. With properties available in more than 65,000 cities across 191 countries, Airbnb covers almost every corner of the world.
Thanks to these discounts and coupons, this already budget-friendly accommodation option just got even better.
We don’t currently have any Airbnb discount codes and coupons available. Here are other hotel deals:
Airbnb's coronavirus (COVID-19) cancellations and changes policy update
As of 7 April 2020, Airbnb reservations made on or before 14 March 2020 for a duration of at least one night between 14 March and 31 May 2020 are eligible for a refund under Airbnb’s cancellation policy.
Reservations made after 14 March are not eligible for a refund.
Canadians are expected to avoid non-essential domestic and international travel. At this time, it’s best to hold off on making a booking, as currently, it won’t qualify for a refund should you not be able to stay.
What types of accommodation are available through Airbnb?
- Apartments/houses. The perfect solution for independent explorers (or those who simply prefer their privacy), renting an entire place to yourself and having space, privacy and that “at home” feeling is what sets Airbnb apart.
- Castles. Airbnb proudly lists more than 1,400 castles available for short term rental.
- Bedrooms. You can also rent private rooms to share in a flat or house with others on Airbnb.
- B&Bs. If you like to wake up to sunny-side-ups or a laid out Swedish table, there are a number of B&B options to choose from.
- Hostels. For the budget-minded and backpackers, there are a number of shared rooms and hostels available for rent.
- Hotels. While Airbnb mainly focusses on alternative accommodations, traditionalists will be pleased with the boutique-style selection of hotels.
Airbnb | Pros and Cons
- The Airbnb service is part of a new wave of accommodation rental trends that seeks to give travellers a more authentic experience when away from home.
- Airbnb places a lot of value in the trustworthiness of its service (for hosts and travellers). All members must be verified.
- Any questions can be worked out using the Airbnb private messaging service.
- Anyone can view the verified reviews of a place or a guest and benefit from the experiences of others.
- Airbnb facilitates the transaction between host and traveller. Individual experiences, policies and conditions will vary from place to place.
Is Airbnb legal?
Laws around holiday rentals are different depending on your location, and some apartment buildings do not allow tenants to rent out their units.
In Canada, Airbnb is currently legal. However, there are frequent government debates around the topic. It’s best to check whether it’s legal in the local area you’re hoping to stay in before making your booking.
How do Airbnb payments work?
If you make a reservation on an “instant book” property, you’ll be charged at the time of booking. If you make a request to book a property, you’ll be charged once the host accepts your stay.
Airbnb holds the payment until 24 hours prior to your stay, and then releases the funds to the host.
The site has also recently introduced the option for you to pay for your stay in split payments, where you can pay for half of your stay upfront and the rest at a later date.
What forms of payment does Airbnb accept?
- PayPal (select countries)
- Google Wallet (Android app only)
- Apple Pay (iOS app only)
Do Airbnb bookings include breakfast?
Despite the hint toward a “bed and breakfast” experience, Airbnbs usually don’t include breakfast. Some hosts do offer to leave basic breakfast items or serve breakfast, however, the majority of hosts do not.
Do I need to clean my Airbnb?
Airbnb stays usually include a cleaning fee, which generally covers regular maintenance and the washing of linens. General tidying is expected though, especially if your Airbnb has a kitchen that you’ve used. Most hosts will expect any used dishes to be cleaned.
Does Airbnb have a loyalty program?
Not yet, but if you’re a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, you can earn points on your stay at a rate of 1 point per $1 spent.
How do I cancel my booking with Airbnb?
Airbnb allows hosts to select their own cancellation, change of booking and refund policies based on the Airbnb guidelines. Hosts can choose “strict”, “moderate” or “flexible” and Airbnb will stand by this selection should a need for a cancellation arise. This is except in the case of extenuating circumstances.
More guides on Finder
SCOTTeVEST promo codes 2021
At SCOTTeVEST, technology meets fashion meets practicality. These garments will improve your workflow no end. It’s pocket science!
Public Goods discount code 2021
When buying goods that are healthy and sustainable Public Goods is a must-visit online store. It doesn’t cost the earth!
My M&M’s coupon code July 2021
When it comes to delicious candy and chocolate, M&M’s has lots of cute options with something to suit everyone. Get yours today!
Ethereum (ETH) price prediction 2021
What affects the value of Ethereum (ETH) and how might the price of ETH fluctuate in the year ahead? Find out in this comprehensive guide.
Murad promo codes July 2021
When caring for your skin, quality products, fresh water, healthy food and sleep all go hand in hand. Shop Murad skincare today.
Canada Goose discount code 2021
Canada Clothing is popular worldwide for their fashionable and warm clothing and jackets. Save with our discount codes.
Invest in gold ETFs
Find out about gold ETFs, what influences their prices, how you can trade them and whether they could be worth your weight in gold.
Weddingstar Inc. promo codes and coupons 2021
Weddingstar takes care of the finer details of your big day with everything from invitations to decorations. Relax and enjoy!
PRANA discount codes and coupons July 2021 | Get 15% off instantly
PRANA foods is passionate about providing sustainable, natural, organic snacks that are beyond delicious. Enjoy.
Where to buy bamboo towels online in Canada 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on soft, sustainable bamboo towels online at any of these prime retailers.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.