aha car insurance review
aha insurance offers an array of coverage, including auto insurance. It boasts reliable pricing and quick application processes for residents of Ontario.
What is aha car insurance?
aha insurance provides coverage to the province with the highest number of residents and licensed drivers in Canada: Ontario. According to its website, the average cost of car insurance is $1,505 and there are 208,400 collisions per year on average. While the number of collisions may seem high, the rate is relatively low at 2.08%. Ontario car insurance premiums are the most expensive in Canada, second to British Columbia. Car insurance companies don’t make as much money as you’d think. In 2016, companies lost $1.02 for every dollar of business they incurred. Claims are more expensive in today’s world because of the technological advancements in cars, including touch screens, backup cameras and sensors.
Basic car insurance is mandatory in Canada, but most want additional coverage to protect their vehicle.
What coverage is available?
Given that car insurance is required in Canada, here is the basic coverage that every policy must include:
- Third party liability coverage. The minimum amount of coverage is $200,000. Coverage is used to pay for the damage of the other driver’s vehicle when you are considered at fault in an accident.
- Statutory accident benefit coverage. This is coverage for supplemental medical care, attendant care, rehabilitation and income supplements.
- Uninsured automobile insurance. In the event that you’re in an accident with an uninsured or hit-and-run driver, this insurance covers you.
- Direct compensation. Also known as property damage (DC-PD) insurance, this covers you if you’re at fault, and the other driver in the accident is also insured under the laws of Ontario.
Individuals can choose to increase the dollar limits of the basic coverages. Drivers can also obtain extra coverage to protect their vehicle against other risks.
What other types of insurance coverage does aha offer?
aha insurance offers a variety of other coverage for both personal and business purposes. In addition to regular car insurance, the following aha auto insurance is available:
- Trailer insurance
- ATV insurance
- Boat insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Commercial auto and fleet insurance
Outside of vehicle insurance coverage, aha also offers the following types of insurance:
- Home insurance
- Condo insurance
- Tenant insurance
- Cottage insurance
- Mobile home insurance
- Second home insurance
- Motorhome insurance
- Snowmobile insurance
- Pet insurance
- Travel insurance
- Business liability insurance
- Commercial property insurance
- Landlord insurance
What exclusions do I need to know about?
- No insurance protects you against everything. There are exclusions you should be wary of when you begin driving under your new policy.
- Legality of driving. If you’re in an accident while doing something illegal, you probably won’t receive coverage. For example, if you’re driving under the influence or have a suspended license.
- Untimely accident report. There is a window of time that you must report the accident to your insurance company. If you don’t, you may not receive coverage.
- Uninsured drivers. If someone crashes your vehicle who isn’t included in your policy, you likely won’t receive any compensation.
- Type of use. You must disclose whether your vehicle is for personal or business use. If you use your car for a purpose other than what you disclosed and get into an accident, you won’t receive coverage. For example, if your car is only insured for personal use and you get into an accident while providing ride-share services, you may not be covered.
- Preventive maintenance. Vehicles that aren’t adequately maintained may not be eligible for insurance coverage. Be prepared to provide proof of maintenance in the event of a claim.
aha insurance bundles
You have the opportunity to bundle and save if you purchase car and home coverage from aha insurance. If you choose to bundle, you can save up to 50% on home insurance and up to 18% on car insurance.
By insuring multiple vehicles with aha insurance, you will receive an extra discount. There is also a claims-free discount available for individuals who haven’t made a claim during their policy period.
Advantages of aha car insurance
- Opportunity to save on premiums. By driving low tech cars, removing bad drivers from your policy and installing winter tires, you can save money on your aha insurance premium.
- Reliable quoting. aha insurance promises accurate quoting that doesn’t change when you accept the policy.
- Quick turnaround times. The application process only takes a few minutes. You can insure your vehicle in a short period of time.
- Virtual assistant. Igins, aha insurance’s online assistant, helps you during the application process.
Disadvantages of aha car insurance
- Coverage only available in Ontario. Unfortunately, if you reside in another province or territory other than Ontario, you won’t qualify for aha car insurance.
- Rate guaranteed for 60 days. Your rate is guaranteed to stay stable for 60 days. After that, it’s subject to change.
- App not available. aha insurance doesn’t have an app that you can use to access your account. However, you can use a web browser.
What do customers say about aha car insurance?
On aha insurance’s website, it advertises a Google rating of 4.7 stars out of 5. As of mid-December 2020, there are 299 reviews on Google and they’re generally positive. A consistent compliment from those who gave aha insurance 5 stars is on the company’s professionalism and competitive pricing. aha insurance doesn’t have a rating with the Better Business Bureau.
How to apply for aha insurance
If you’re ready to apply for aha car insurance, follow these steps:
- Go to aha insurance’s website
- Click Start your 3-minute quote
- Click Car Insurance (or Home and Car Insurance if you wish to bundle)
- Complete the application
Compare other free car insurance quotes online
aha car insurance is an optimal solution for individuals in Ontario that want a simple application process and competitive pricing.