Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Acanac Internet review
Save money on high-speed Internet packages with this innovative online-only Canadian telecom company.
Are you looking to switch Internet providers or save money on your monthly bills? Acanac could be the right fit for you. It offers plans from 15Mbps to over 1Gbps+ for some of the lowest prices on the market. The only downside is that this service is only available to residents of Quebec and Ontario.
Learn more about what you need to take advantage of Acanac Internet and sign up for your account today.
- Speed. Ranges from 15Mbps to 1Gbps+.
- Starting price. Starts from $39 per month plus taxes (though promotional offers start as low as $24.95).
- Minimum contract. You can pay month-to-month or sign up for a year-long contract to get one month for free.
- Offers. You may be able to get rebates on your plan depending on what promotional offers are available.
What is Acanac?
Acanac is a well-known online Internet company that offers budget services for DSL and cable Internet. It works primarily in the provinces of Ontario and Quebec and offers a number of month-to-month plans ranging from 15Mbps to 1Gbps+.
Prices start as low as $39 per month plus taxes, but promotional offers can go as low as $24.95 per month.
When you click on a plan, you can also configure it to meet your specific needs (which will bring the price up or down). All plans come with unlimited data and you’ll save money if you sign up for a one-year contract. That said, you’ll have to pay for installation and purchase your modem outright, which will eat into your cost-savings in the beginning.
What plans does Acanac offer?
Acanac offers a number of plans depending on how fast you want your Internet to be:
- 15Mbps plan. This plan is best for light Internet use with a focus on email and social media use. It costs $39 per month and there are no data caps.
- 25Mbps plan. You can use this plan for small households and light Internet use. It costs $45 per month but comes with a six-month promotional offer of $24.95 per month.
- 75Mbps plan. You'll get faster download speeds with this plan. It costs $49 per month and lets you stream seamlessly on multiple devices.
- 150Mbps plan.This plan works for large households or heavy Internet use. It costs $59 per month and comes with fast upload and download speeds.
- 1Gbps+ plan.This is the fastest Acanac Internet plan on offer. It costs $89 per month and lets you stream and play games in high definition.
Does Acanac allow bundling?
You won’t be able to bundle your home phone and Internet services with Acanac because it already offers highly discounted prices. That said, you’ll be able to take advantage of special promotional offers and rebates on your monthly payments in your first few months of service when you choose specific plans.
What other features should I know about?
You can lock in a number of different add-ons when you sign up with Acanac.
- No long-term contracts. You won’t have to sign on to a long-term contract to take advantage of low prices.
- One month free. If you sign onto a one-year contract, you’ll get your first month for free.
- Unlimited data. All plans include unlimited data so you’ll never get stuck paying overage charges.
- Promotional offers. You’ll save money on your first six months of service with certain plans.
- Ambassador program. You can save money on your monthly bills when you successfully refer friends to Acanac.
- Online account. Track your bill payments and monitor your Internet use with Acanac’s easy-to-use online account.
What to watch out for
- Only available in certain provinces. Acanac Internet plans are currently only available in Ontario and Quebec.
- Modem fees. You’ll have to pay between $119 and $179 for your modem (though this cost can be added to your monthly payments for the first year).
- Fees for installation. You’ll have to pay $30 to have a technician install your modem.
- Moving fees. You’ll get stuck with a $60 fee if you need to move your service to another location.
- No fibre. You won’t be on a fibre network, which is known as the “Cadillac” of Internet networks.
- Limited extras. There are limited options for extras like wall-to-wall Wi-Fi coverage or security packages.
How do I sign up with Acanac?
- Click “Go to Site” on this page to be securely directed to the Acanac Internet sign-up page.
- Fill in your address to find out what services Acanac offers in your location.
- Complete your application with personal details that include your name, email address and birth date.
- Review and submit your application and wait to hear from Acanac about your eligibility.
- Once you’re approved, sign up for an Acanac account to manage your bills payments online.
Acanac offers budget DSL and cable Internet plans to residents of Ontario and Quebec. Plans start as low as $39 and come with promotional rates that can bring the cost down by up to $15 in your first six months. You can also get your first month free if you sign up for a 12-month contract. Find out how you can benefit from Acanac and register for your account today.