Important note: A spokesperson for the CDC tells Finder most people should wear cloth face masks “in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household” — especially when social distancing isn’t possible.
Finder vets each mask retailer as a legitimate reseller prior to listing by confirming business and item documentation. We also request a physical sample to compare against what is advertised. We do not test any mask for its filtration capabilities, and none of the masks listed here are NIOSH-certified to our knowledge. Read the CDC’s page on counterfeit respirators to learn more about NIOSH certification.
Investing in a few washable, reusable face masks can be a great way to save money and reduce waste. We’ve rounded up a list of retailers stocking masks made of materials like cloth or plastic. Remember to check the product description to see if your chosen mask is washable before you buy.
Our top picks for reusable masks
Reusable & Washable Filtered Mask
Unisex Black Dust Cotton, Washable Mask
Where to buy reusable face masks online
Five-ply design with N95 filtration. In-stock and ships fast from the USA.l
- In-stock now
- Ships fast from the USA
Etsy sellers across the country are making cute cloth face masks that look stylish while helping you social distance. Most options are washable and reusable.
- No free shipping
- Free returns
- No financing options
AliExpress is a global marketplace with a wide variety of items available from third-party sellers. Note that some buying options can take weeks to arrive, depending on the country of origin.
PLT's got it going on when it comes to cute face masks. Choose from a variety of colors, patterns and even trendy PrettyLittleThing logos.
Which of these retailers offer free delivery?
- Etsy: Free delivery on select orders, based on seller policy.
- Amazon: Free two-day shipping for Amazon Prime members.
- eBay: Free delivery on select orders, based on seller policy.
- AliExpress:Free delivery on select orders, based on seller policy.
- ASOS: Free shipping on orders over $50
What to look for when buying a reusable mask
Before buying a mask, consider these key features:
- Cost. Prices may rise as demand for face masks continues to increase. Compare prices to ensure that you aren’t paying too much. You’ll also want to factor in shipping charges, as some sellers may hike up their prices.
- Size. To be effective, your mask needs to properly fit your face without any gaps. Look for masks that are available in a range of sizes to ensure a proper fit. You can also opt for a mask with adjustable ear straps, which can then be easily altered to fit your face.
- Thickness. While any mask is better than no mask, opt for a triple-layered mask if you can. According to Mayo Clinic, “cloth masks should include multiple layers of fabric” to be as effective as possible.
Will a mask protect me from COVID-19?
A face mask may help to stop particles that are released when you cough or sneeze from traveling too far in the air, protecting those around you.
It is important to remember that masks will not stop you from contracting the virus, so you should continue to adhere to recommendations on hand-washing and social distancing when wearing one. Refer to guidance from organizations like the World Health Organization (WHO) and CDC for the latest information on preventing the spread of disease.
How do you wash a reusable face mask?
Check the product description or care instructions of the specific mask you purchased to ensure you don’t damage the mask.
In general, follow these basic tips to wash a reusable face mask:
- Wash your mask by hand with soap and warm water.
- Lay the mask out to air-dry, and let it dry completely before reusing.
- Wash your hands before and after handling your mask.
- Wash your mask after each use.
How to safely wear and remove a mask
For your mask to be as protective as possible, it needs to be worn properly. According to the World Health Organization, face masks should cover your nose and mouth and leave no gaps around the sides of your face. You should also wash or sanitize your hands before and after touching your mask.
When wearing your mask, avoid touching it or taking it off to speak to others. Once you remove your mask, place it in a ziplock bag until you’re able to wash it — which you should do after each wear.
More guides on Finder
Top sites to buy magazines online
Buy single magazines and monthly and annual subscriptions online from these sites. Find both print and digital magazines here.
Top Korean-American beauty brands
We’ve compiled a list of Korean-American beauty brands that you can find at large retailers and specialty beauty stores to achieve coveted trends like “glass skin.”
Where to buy VOTE clothes and shoes
To prep for election day — and remind your fellow citizens to exercise their Constitutional right — shop VOTE shoes, apparel, accessories and more.
Where to buy a face mask with nose wires
Get your hands on a face mask with built-in nose wires, for a covering that fits snugly. Plus, see which stores offer free shipping.
Where to buy face mask filters online
Here’s where you can shop replacement filters for your face mask and have them delivered straight to your door. Plus, see which stores offer free delivery.
Where to buy 3M face masks online
Easily buy 3M face masks online or see which local stores to check for available stock. This page is updated regularly.
Where to buy bike shorts
Top places to buy biker shorts online.
Where to buy unique hoodies
7 sites to buy unique hoodies online.
Where to buy Hocus Pocus decor
Pay tribute to your favorite Salem witches with these spooky home touches.
Where to buy KN95 masks online
If you’re looking to shop industry-standard KN95 masks, we’ve rounded up the retailers that will ship them right to your door.
Ask an Expert