Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Where and how to buy Amazon gift cards online
Millions of items at their fingertips.
Need a last-minute gift? Buying an Amazon e-gift card online lets your recipient instantly redeem on millions of items. Or print at home, deliver by mail or find Amazon gift cards at local participating grocery, convenience and drugstores.
If you buy online, Amazon gift cards can be purchased for $1 to $2,000. In-store cards come in denominations up to $500 — and only at select stores.
Unlike most traditional gift cards, Amazon cards never expire. Free two-day shipping on thousands of items gets your gift to their doorstep lickety-split.
Amazon.com deals for March 2021
Top Amazon Email Gift Cards
Birthday Gift Cards
Thank You Gift Cards
Wedding Gift Cards
Congratulations Gift Cards
New Baby Gift Cards
Pros and cons of Amazon gift cards
An Amazon gift card is a great go-to present. Whether you know your recipient well or not, they’re bound to find something they love on the giant online marketplace.
- Millions of products available in one easy-to-navigate online location
- Denominations of up to $2,000 available when purchasing online
- E-gift cards make great last-minute gifts.
- Fast turnaround and shipping times
- A dedicated customer service team
- Some users complain about problems with gift card delivery, particularly the text message option.
Frequently asked questions about Amazon gift cards
How to buy an Amazon gift card
You can purchase an Amazon gift card via Amazon.
- Visit Amazon and sign into your account.
- Click Gift Card from the top of the menu list to access the gift card store.
- Select the format you want to purchase. Amazon gift cards are available in three formats: electronic by email or text message, printable, and mailable. But physical gift cards and gift boxes can only be sent to US addresses. Alternatively, all electronic versions can be sent to any email address worldwide. Select your delivery method to proceed.
- Now, select your type of gift card. On the next screen, select your design and occasion. You can personalize your gift card by adding a photo and/or a personalized message. You can also customize it to reflect the celebration, such as a birthday or wedding.
- Enter your gift card value (it can be any amount between $1 and $2,000) and fill in the rest of the required information, such as recipient’s name, email addresses, or mailing address. When you’ve filled out all the required fields, click Purchase.
- Select a payment method, enter your payment details and authorize the transaction.
More guides on Finder
The best debit cards for kids for 2021
Support your child’s financial knowledge and teach the important real-life money skills in a safe and controlled way with a kids’ debit card.
Guardian dental insurance review 2021
This insurer has four dental plans to choose from — compare costs and features now.
Investing strategy: How growth stocks can make you money
Learn how to strategically find and invest in booming companies.
Buy now and pay later with the new Affirm debit card
This new debit card will let you pay for purchases over time when it debuts later this year.
You can now pay for car insurance in Bitcoin – here’s how
You can pay for car insurance in Bitcoin, even if your insurer doesn’t accept it yet.
Mercari review: How it works, pros, cons and more
Is Mercari the best secondhand app to buy or sell your goods? See Mercari pros and cons, reviews and complaints and general FAQs to decide.
Best and worst states for women in the US
How states compare on employment, earnings, poverty, education, health and wellbeing.
Should you sell on Poshmark or Tradesy?
Compare pros and cons of selling on Poshmark vs. Tradesy to help you get the most for your secondhand clothing, shoes and accessories.
Help your child learn to spend and save wisely with a virtual, COPPA-compliant debit card.
Ask an Expert