With an Amazon gift card, you or your gift card recipient will have thousands of products at your fingertips!
An Amazon gift card is available as a physical card or an online ‘code’ that is redeemable towards literally millions of products at Amazon. These flexible gift cards are the ideal gift as they attract no features to purchase or redeem and, unlike most traditional gift cards, they never, ever expire.
Amazon gift cards can be purchased in almost any amount – from as little as $0.15 to as much as $2,000. Your gift recipient can spend the value of their gift card immediately upon receiving it, or can deposit it into their Amazon account and wait for that bargain sale of a lifetime.
Best of all, any unspent gift card credit can be rolled over for another shopping experience. Upon using an Amazon gift card, if any balance remains unspent, it will simply be kept in the recipient’s Amazon account for future use.
Amazon.com deals for August 2018
Top Amazon Email Gift Cards
Birthday Gift Cards
Thank You Gift Cards
Wedding Gift Cards
Congratulations Gift Cards
New Baby Gift Cards
Pros and cons of Amazon gift cards
In today’s modern marketplace, consumers demand choice and flexibility when purchasing gifts online. Some advantages of Amazon gift cards include ease of purchase, ease of use, and overall flexibility, which makes them the ideal choice for gift buyers globally. Other pros and cons include:
- With millions of products available on their website, an Amazon gift card provides the recipient with access to an unprecedented range of products in one easy-to-navigate online location.
- You can load any amount up to $2000 onto one card. So you can gift as little or as much as you’d like.
- You have the option of an electronic gift card, which means you can purchase a card as late in the game as you like and still get it to the party on time.
- Your recipient can shop from their computer, laptop, phone, or iPad with ease.
- With fast turnaround and shipping times, as well as state-of-the-art order processing systems, Amazon purchases will generally arrive quickly and well-packaged.
- A dedicated customer team, including a centre for dealing with problem resolution, is in place to ensure purchase satisfaction. This means that you can trust that your purchase will be delivered on time and as expected. If for any unforeseen reason they are unable to, Amazon will be there to help resolve your problems.
- Being that it’s a gift card, the value on your Amazon gift card should be treated like currency. In the case that it is lost or stolen, Amazon assumes no responsibility. The recipient must keep their gift card – whether it’s virtual or a hard copy – safe at all times.
Frequently asked questions about Amazon gift cards
How to buy an Amazon gift card
You can purchase an Amazon gift card via Amazon.
- Visit Amazon and sign into your account. If you do not have an Amazon account yet, registration is free and only takes a few minutes to set up.
- Once inside your account, click the ‘Gift Card’ link from the top of the menu list to access the gift card store.
- Decide on the format of gift card you want to purchase. Amazon gift cards are available in three formats: electronic, printable, and mailable. They can therefore be delivered via email or Facebook, for printing at home, or via post to your recipient in a card or gift box. Note: Physical gift cards and gift boxes can only be sent to US addresses. Alternatively, all electronic versions can be sent to any email address worldwide. Select your delivery method to proceed.
- Now, select your type of gift card. On the next screen, select your design and occasion. You can personalize your gift card by adding a photo and/or a personalized message. You can also customize it to reflect the celebration, such as a birthday or wedding.
- Enter your gift card value (it can be any amount between $0.15 and $2,000) and fill in the rest of the required information, such as recipient’s name, email addresses, or mailing address. When you’ve filled out all the required fields, click ‘purchase’.
- Select a payment method, enter your payment details and authorize the transaction. That’s it, you have now purchased an Amazon gift card. Congratulations!
Where to find Amazon gift cards
The simplest, safest and easiest way to buy Amazon gift cards to find and purchase them directly through the website. Simply visit the Amazon website and log into your account. Then, choose from any of the methods below to buy and access your gift card.
You can purchase and send Amazon gifts cards by:
- Email – this is ideal when you only have the recipient’s email address
- Facebook – perfect for sharing a gift with someone on their birthday or other special occasion
- Printing at home – so you can personally deliver the gift
- Mail – Note that shipping fees apply
- Animated gift card
- Selecting a funny Someecards
- Creating a video gift card featuring you and your friends
Regardless of how you purchase your Amazon gift card, no fees are payable (other than shipping fees, where relevant) and the same terms and conditions apply for redemption.
One important note: be wary when buying a gift card from a third-party outside of Amazon, as there is the possibility that the gift card may have been stolen or forged.
Things to consider when buying Amazon gift cards
Amazon gift cards are one of the most flexible gifts you can purchase online. Regardless of where you are and your recipient is in the world, an Amazon gift card can be purchased and redeemed with ease using a credit card in virtually any currency.
When the only information you have of your recipient’s information is an email address, consider choosing an electronic format for your gift card. Emailing your Amazon gift card, or delivering it via Facebook, ensures speedy delivery and reduces the risk of the card getting lost.
Both the Amazon gift card purchaser and the gift card recipient will need to register an account with Amazon. Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.