Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card review
A solid no-annual-fee travel credit card for small businesses.
finder.com’s rating: 4.4 / 5
- Get this card if you travel often and want to earn points you can redeem for travel-related purchases.
- Pick something else if you want to earn cashback rewards on your business purchases or you want a low intro balance transfer APR card.
- Apply with an excellent credit score of 740 or higher.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 3x
Intro purchase APR
for the first 9 billing cycles (then 12.99% to 22.99% variable)
|Welcome offer||30,000 online bonus points after making at least $3,000 in net purchases in the first 90 days of account opening|
|Rewards||3 points per $1 on travel booked through Bank of America Travel Center and 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 9 billing cycles (then 12.99% to 22.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||12.99% to 22.99% variable|
|Minimum Credit Score||740|
Kliment Dukovski is a cryptocurrency and investments writer who has written over 700 articles to help readers find and compare the best financial options. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange and stock market trading.
The Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card comes with a $0 annual fee and a rewards program with 3x points on bookings made through the Bank of America Travel Center. Boost this rewards rate to up to 5.25x on travel purchases if you’re a member of the Preferred Rewards for Business program.
In addition, you get to earn a solid signup bonus worth $300 when redeemed on travel or dining purchases after you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days. You also get 9 billing cycles of 0% intro APR period on purchases, reverting to a variable APR of 12.99% to 22.99% after that.
For a small business with heavy travel expenses, the Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card may be a good choice. Earn $7,200 per year in statement credit toward travel purchases if you spend $20,000 monthly through the Bank of America Travel Center.
This card doesn’t have many downsides, though to maximize the value of this card, you must be a Bank of America banking customer. If that isn’t the case, carefully compare this card against others — there are a variety of business credit cards with equally great value with fewer restrictions.
How to apply for the Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card?
- Go to the provider's site and select Apply now.
- Complete the application form with the requested information about you and your business.
- Review your application and submit it.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card benefits
- Rewards points. Earn 1.5x points on everyday purchases and 3x points for bookings through the Bank of America Travel Center. Redeem your points for a statement credit toward flights, cruises, vacation packages, hotels, car rentals or baggage fees, or redeem them for cash back and gift cards.
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your credit card freely abroad or online with foreign merchants without paying a foreign transaction fee.
- Intro APR period on purchases. For the first 9 billing cycles after your account is account opening, you get a 0% introductory APR, which reverts to 12.99% to 22.99% variable APR after that. This is a good feature for businesses looking to make a large purchase early on.
- Signup bonus. Earn 30,000 online bonus points after making at least $3,000 in net purchases in the first 90 days of account opening after spending $3,000 in the first 90 days, redeemable for $300 statement credit you can apply to travel purchases.
- No annual fees. The Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card comes with a $0 annual fee, which is a great way to minimize your card fees right out of the gate.
- Points boost. Earn between 25% and 75% additional points if you’re a member of the Business Advantage Relationship Rewards program.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card drawbacks
- No intro APR period on balance transfers. There’s no intro balance transfer APR for this card, which means you start off with a APR on balance transfers right away. If this is a feature you want your card to have, compare balance transfer business credit cards.
What is the Business Advantage Relationship Rewards program?
This business program is designed to boost your business through various rewards and benefits that grow as you increase your balances across Bank of America business deposit and Merrill Edge or Merrill Lynch investment accounts. To join this program, you must own an eligible Bank of America business checking account holding a three-month combined average of $20,000 or more. Depending on your status level within the Business Advantage Relationship Rewards program, you get priority client service along with:
- No fees on select everyday banking services.
- A 25% to 75% reward bonus on your base earnings for eligible business cards.
- An interest rate discount of up to 0.75% on a business advantage credit line, term loan or secured lending.
- An interest rate discount of up to 0.50% on business advantage auto loans and commercial real estate loans.
The reward bonus alone turns your 1.5x points to up to 2.62x on all purchases and your 3x points on travel purchases to up to 5.25x. So assuming you spend $400 on travel and $600 on everything else each month, here’s how the points break down:
|Money spent in a month||Standard points earned||Business Advantage Relationship Rewards program points earned|
This is a sizable boost to points and makes the card’s reward rate on standard purchases much more appealing.
Compare business credit cards
If this card isn’t right for you, compare other products on the market that better fit your business’s financial needs. Select up to four cards and choose Compare to see their features side by side.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
If your business spends a lot on travel and you’re a Bank of America banking customer, look into the Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card. The generous base perks combined with the interesting additions of the Business Advantage Relationship Rewards program make for a card that offers good value for no annual fee.
But if you’re not sure whether this could be the right card for your business, compare other business travel credit cards until you find the right fit.
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.