Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Time Warner Cable: bundled plans review 2020
As this cable company transitions to Spectrum, you’ll still see offers for this package bundler.
Spectrum has begun its takeover, but there are still a few states offering services under Time Warner Cable.
If you’re in Arizona and the other handful of states offering deals on TV, Internet and phone bundles, here’s what you can expect.
What is Time Warner Cable?
Time Warner Cable is a Spectrum-authorized retailer that sells TV, Internet and phone bundles nationwide. Charter Communications bought the Time Warner brand in 2016, rebranding its telecom operations as Spectrum.
Depending on where you live, you might be in one of the few markets still offering cable deals under the Time Warner brand. If so, know that you’re actually working with Spectrum.
What services does Time Warner Cable offer?
Time Warner Cable offers services through Charter Spectrum’s all-digital network described as “the next step in the evolution of TV, Internet and phone services.” It boasts fast speeds, an abundance of channel options and additional features across the board.
All bundles come with a free modem, Online Protection with Security Suite, 411 calls and other perks specific to bundled tiers.
Does Time Warner Cable offer business plans?
Yes, Time Warner Cable offers quotes for customizable business services in minutes. Called Time Warner Cable Business Class, services include Internet speeds of up to 300Mbps, Ethernet options, multiple TV options and business class phone features designed to cater to businesses both brick-and-mortar and on-the-go.
All Time Warner Cable Business Class packages come with a free Wifi Hotspots, 24/7 technical support and customer service and unlimited local, in-state and nationwide calls.
Pros and cons
- All-digital network. An authorized retailer for Spectrum means access to a reliable network.
- One bill for three services. Merging three into one could help simplify your life.
- You’re bound by a contract. Time Warner may not say it explicitly, but your bundle is a contract. By signing up for a year of service at the advertised rate, you’re agreeing to pay for all 12 months.
- Hidden fees. Ask about all fees that lurk in your contract. For instance, Time Warner offers “free” modems, but you’re typically charged a monthly modem fee. You could save more by simply using your own.
What bundles does Time Warner Cable offer?
Bundle your TV, Internet and phone services into a variety of affordable packages.
Bundles vary by location but generally include:
- Triple Play Select. Get 125+ channels with free HD, access to thousands of On Demand choices, 100Mbps Internet and unlimited local and long-distance calling in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Island.
- Triple Play Silver. Get 175+ channels with free HD — including HBO, Showtime, & NFL Network — access to thousands of On Demand choices, 100Mbps Internet and unlimited local and long-distance calling in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Island.
- Triple Play Gold. Get 200+ channels with free HD — including HBO, Showtime, TMC, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, NFL Network, & NFL Redzone — access to thousands of On Demand choices, 100Mbps Internet and unlimited local and long-distance calling in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Island.
What’s the fine print?
No advertised deal comes without its hitches. Time Warner Cable is no exception, burying a few potential drawbacks in its terms and conditions.
- Exclusive bundle pricing. Pricing for bundles includes discounts that you lose if you attempt to go a la carte.
- Hidden fees. Time Warner says its modems and other equipment are “free” — but it doesn’t mean you’re not paying for them. Look at your package breakdown to see if you can save by using your own TWC-compatible devices.
- Limited intro pricing. Pricing is locked in for only as long as your contract — 12 months, in most cases. After, your bundle price can increase significantly unless you attempt to renegotiate.
How do I sign up with Time Warner Cable?
Compare other internet service providers
If you’re in a state offering Time Warner Cable bundles, you’re still eligible for the perks of its new parent company Spectrum. Look into the TV, Internet and phone bundles offered in your area to get the best deal you’re eligible for.
Common questions about Time Warner Cable bundles
More guides on Finder
HBO Max is live: Watch Warner Bros. movies, Cartoon Network shows and more
HBO’s latest streaming service replaces HBO Now and rolls in movies and shows from WarnerMedia’s New Line Cinema, DC Comics, TNT, TBS, truTV, Adult Swim, Looney Tunes and more.
Best online streaming services of 2020
Choose from a variety of platforms, and stream almost anything from movies, sports, live TV and original series.
What to do if your home Internet speed doesn’t meet expectations
The recent settlement between Los Angeles County and Spectrum shows there is recourse available for poor home Internet service.
Verizon Abandons Traditional Cable-Internet Packaging
In an attempt to “disrupt the cable industry,” Verizon is abandoning the bundled cable-Internet package.
Encompass car insurance review Oct 2020
This Allstate subsidiary offers the essentials with a bundled auto, home and personal insurance policy.
Verizon Fios deals and promos for October 2020
Get the latest deals on Fios fiber optic Internet + TV and phone packages.
Ask an Expert