We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Cox Communications internet review
Bundle TV, Internet, phone and even 24/7 home security at discounted rates.
With so many services available from Cox Communications, your bundle options may sound limitless. But whether for personal or business, chances are that Cox has just the right combination of services you’re looking for.
What services does Cox Communications offer?
Cox Communications has been providing cable and telecommunications for more 50 years, providing customers with Internet, phone, TV and home security services.
Cox offers five high-speed Internet options:
- Up to 10Mbps — recommended for fewer than 3 devices that browse the internet.
- Up to 30Mbps — recommended for 3 to 5 devices for light Internet use.
- Up to 100Mbps — recommended for 5 to 7 devices for power web users and gamers.
- Up to 300Mbps — recommended for 7 to 9 devices and advanced users who manage large files or stream videos.
- Up to 1GB/35 Mbps — recommended for more than 9 devices and advanced users who need to manage large files or stream videos
Bundling your home phone with TV and Internet provides you with readable voicemail, unlimited nationwide calling within the US and unlimited calling to 30+ countries including Mexico and Canada.
Cox Contour TV
Cox boasts that its Contour is a “TV service to experience — not just watch.” Each TV plan bundled with Internet Preferred or higher comes with on-screen guides, hundreds of hours of DVR storage and free HD programming, as well as a remote control that allows you to quickly search among hundreds of programs just by speaking into it.
Pros and Cons
- 12-month promotions. All Cox bundles come with 12 months of substantially discounted pricing.
- On-time guarantee. A service technician will arrive when they should — or get $20 off your bill.
- 24/7 tech support. Get help anytime you need it.
- Limited coverage. All that Cox has to offer may not be available where you live. Check its coverage before signing up.
- Limited promos for new customers. If you already subscribe to Cox, you could be excluded from the best advertised rates.
Are there any other features I should know about?
Cox Communications offers extras in all areas of service, but here are a few customer favorites.
- Money-back guarantee. Customers have up to 30 days to commit to a plan — or your money back.
- On-time guarantee. Unlike other services infamous for wasting the customer’s time, Cox guarantees that a service technician will arrive on time for your scheduled jobs or you get $20 off your next bill.
- 24/7 tech support. If you’re unsure of how to fix any problem with your service, call Cox’s 24/7 support line.
What’s the fine print?
Cox Communications offers its fair share of fine print, but it isn’t too excessive — or intentionally tricky.
- Best offers for new customers. If you’re already a Cox customer, you may have to fight for the best advertised rates.
- Top-notch service not available in all areas. The best of Cox Communications’ speeds and products may not be available where you live.
- Users complain about hidden fees. Customers report few discounts for loyal customers, cable box fees and rude representatives. Buyer beware.
What bundles does Cox Communications provide?
With so many bundling combinations available through Cox, our list is in no way exhaustive. You’ll see variations in the bundles and pricing available to you, depending on where you live in the country.
Here’s an idea of the types of bundles and pricing you might see, but note that prices reflect a 12-month contract (after which, prices could increase):
- Cox Bronze Bundle — $89.99 a month. More than 220 channels through Contour Cox, Internet with up to 100Mbps download and 10Mbps upload times and digital phone service that includes 13 premium calling features.
- Cox Silver Bundle — $109.99 a month. More than 220 channels — plus HBO, Cinemax and Showtime — through Contour Cox, Internet with up to 300Mbps download and 300Mbps upload times and digital phone service that includes 13 premium calling features.
- Cox Gold Bundle — $129.99 a month. More than 220+ channels — plus HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz and Epix — through Contour Cox, Internet with up to 300Mbps download and 300Mbps upload times, and digital phone service that includes 13 premium calling features.
If you’re not interested in phone service, you can switch it out for the Homelife security package for just $10 more. Homelife comes with the security of 24/7 professional home monitoring, real-time email and texts, battery and cellular network backup and a personalized door or window chime — all accessible through your mobile device.
Does Cox Communications offer business plans?
Yes, Cox Communications is dedicated to providing a solution whether you’re a startup or established. Custom design an Internet, phone, TV and networking plan to fit the needs of your small, medium or large business.
If your industry is education, hospitality or health care, you’re eligible for select solutions specifically designed to deliver the best of what your organization needs without stretching our budget.
How do I sign up with Cox Communications?
It’s easy to sign up for Cox Communications bundle. Cox clearly outlines its many plan choices online based on your ZIP code. Once you’ve narrowed down a bundle that fits your needs, add it to your cart.
You’ll be prompted to enter your contact information, and you’ll have the opportunity to further customize your bundle with Homelife and other services.
What is Cox Communications?
Founded way back in 1962, Cox Communications is a provider of broadband communications and entertainment company, offering advanced digital video, TV, Internet, home security and automation services across its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox provides services to some 6 million residential and commercial customers.
Compare other internet service providers
Around for more than 50 years, Cox Communications has a reputation for being a trustworthy provider of solid services and discounted bundles. But their “regular” rates could be higher than the competition, depending on where you live. Compare the rates available from other providers in your area to make sure you’re getting the best possible deal before signing up.
Frequently asked questions about Cox
Is Cox Communications available in your state?
Ask an Expert