These companies are offering bonus data, free Wi-Fi hotspots and more. Read more…
Comcast XFINITY bundled plans review for 2020
Simplify talking, texting, streaming, watching and billing with bundles and packages.
Comcast is one of the largest American global telecommunications conglomerate. In fact, based on revenue it is the largest broadcasting and cable television monopoly in the world. Now before you base your judgment of the company based on how much you hated Monopoly as a child, read on to see if they’re actually “king of the hill” in their industry for a reason.
What's in this review?
- What is Comcast XFINITY?
- What services does Comcast XFINITY offer?
- Are there any other features I should know about?
- Compare other internet service providers
- How do I sign up with Comcast XFINITY?
- Bottom line
- Common questions about Comcast XFINITY
- Check the map to see if there is coverage in your state
What is Comcast XFINITY?
Comcast’s most popular offerings are its bundles — which it calls Comcast XFINITY. The company might easily claim the crown in the cable TV realm. But with XFINITY, it takes a few steps beyond the typical packages offered by other telco giants: You can customize packages that combine TV, Internet, home phones and even 24/7 home security.
What services does Comcast XFINITY offer?
Comcast XFINITY offers the ability for you to customize any combination of Internet, TV or phone. Double Plays combine two services, while Triple Plays combine three services for the most savings.
Add XFINITY Home Secure to any package for $24.99 a month with a two-year agreement and get 24/7 advanced security and professional monitoring to protect your home and family.
Are there any other features I should know about?
If you’re considering a Comcast XFINITY bundle, there are a few additional features to consider before making your final decision.
- Contract requirements. Advertised monthly pricing comes with a guarantee for 24 months alongside a required two-year contract. Pricing and terms may vary by ZIP code.
- Convenience. Bundling services with Comcast means streamlining your scattered monthly bills for household services to just one.
- Download speeds. Pay close attention to download speeds when shopping for your perfect bundle — the most expensive one won’t necessarily come with fastest Internet.
Compare other internet service providers
How do I sign up with Comcast XFINITY?
It’s easy to sign up for Comcast XFINITY bundles — simply click Go to site, enter your ZIP code and choose a package from among your many options. Or call 855-371-9054.
Pros and cons
- Discounted pricing. With Comcast XFINITY, you can get special pricing for up to 24 month, depending on your package.
- Plenty of channels. Because these bundles are put together by one of the biggest names in the cable industry, you’ll have plenty of channels and options to explore.
- Streamlined billing. Combining two or three bills into one is a good way to decrease your stress over checking the mail.
- Contractual obligations. One to two years of discounted pricing come with a two-year contract.
- Limited coverage. Services offered in Comcast’s bundles may not be available in your area.
- Early termination fees. If you change your mind and cancel your bundle before the end of your contract, you’ll pay substantial early termination fees. Comcast is vague about how much, but users report fees of up to $220.
What is the fine print?
Sadly, there’s a lot of literal fine print when it comes to Comcast’s XFINITY. Here’s an overview of what you can expect all that tiny print to say.
- Long contracts. You’ll be locked into what Comcast calls an “agreement” — which is really just another word for contract. You’ll be on the hook for expensive early termination fees — some say fees of $220 or more — if you cancel services before the end of your contract’s term.
- Limited coverage or features. Comcast offers a bewilderingly large array of services, but not all bundles may be available in your area.
- Lowest fees may come with requirements. Comcast bundles may require enrolling in autopay or paperless billing to get the lowest rates. If you opt out, you could pay $5 more a month for your package.
- Limited-time pricing. Offers are subject to change and available only to new residential customers.
- Additional fees. Along with many services and options come additional fees that are subject to change with the whims of Comcast.
What bundles does Comcast XFINITY provide?
With so many packages and deals available, you can afford to be picky about the exact channels, data speeds and more that you’re interested in.
However, packages and pricing varies by ZIP code, so you’ll want to confirm services and costs in your area online before making a decision. Each package is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee and requires a two-year contract for the lowest rates.
We’ll start with the Double Plays that could be available in your area.
- Performance 25 Unlimited — Internet and voice package that includes up to 25 Mbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text and unlimited calling anywhere in the US and Puerto Rico.
- Digital Starter and Performance Internet — TV and Internet package that includes 140+ channels and up to 25 Mbps with access to the XFINITY Stream app and hotspots nationwide.
- Preferred XF (also called Starter XF in some markets) — TV and Internet package that includes 220+ channels and up to 100 Mbps with access to hotspots nationwide.
- XF Preferred (also called Premier XF in some markets) — TV and Internet package that includes 260+ digital channels and up to 100 Mbps with access to hotspots nationwide.
Now for the Triple Plays, which could vary slightly in your area.
- Starter XF — TV, Internet and voice package that includes 140+ digital channels, 75+ Mbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text, unlimited calling anywhere in US and Puerto Rico and access on up to eight devices.
- HD Preferred XF — TV, Internet and voice package that includes up to 220 digital channels — including Starz — with HD channels included, up to 75 Mbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text, unlimited calling anywhere in US and Puerto Rico and access on up to eight devices.
- HD Preferred Extra XF — TV, Internet and voice package that includes 225+ digital and HD channels — including Showtime, Starz and TMC — up to 50 Mbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text, unlimited calling anywhere in US and Puerto Rico and access on up to 11 devices.
- HD Premier XF — TV, Internet and voice package that includes 260+ digital and HD channels — including HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax and TMC — up to 200 Mbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text, unlimited calling anywhere in US and Puerto Rico, X1 DVR, a $100 Visa Prepaid Card and access on up to 11 devices.
- HD Complete XF — TV, Internet and voice package that includes 260+ digital and HD channels — including HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, TMC and the Sports Entertainment Package — up to 50 Mbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text, unlimited calling anywhere in US and Puerto Rico, X1 DVR, a $200 Visa Prepaid Card and access on up to five devices.
- XFINITY 3300 Latino — TV, Internet and voice package that includes 60+ Spanish-language channels and popular channels like CNN, Food Network and E!, up to 75 Mbps, international and nationwide calling and access on up to eight devices.
Note that Comcast frequently runs special pricing by area. Check online to see if you can take advantage of deals that are exclusive to your ZIP code.
Does Comcast XFINITY offer business plans?
It looks like businesses can sign up for Comcast services in general, but Comcast XFINITY bundles appear to be designed for the savings and convenience of “home” services.
If you watch cable TV, use a home phone and are wired with home Internet, bundling your household services with Comcast can save you time and money. But going with Comcast will come down to whether services are available in your area, it offers the channels you’re used to watching and your ability to get out of current contracts on your existing services.
Common questions about Comcast XFINITY
Check the map to see if there is coverage in your state
Latest broadband news
The recent settlement between Los Angeles County and Spectrum shows there is recourse available for poor home Internet service. Read more…
In an attempt to "disrupt the cable industry," Verizon is abandoning the bundled cable-Internet package. Read more…
Charter Communications new all-digital network brings more HD channels and higher quality through a tidy number of bundles. Read more…
If you’re in a spot where Internet is hard to get, consider this high-speed broadband satellite service — but watch out for many unhappy customers. Read more…
Bundle TV, Internet, digital phone and even 24/7 home security through customizable bundles through this communications giant. Read more…