Charter Communications recently invested big in the creation of an all-digital network, Charter Spectrum. It’s not just about getting more HD channels — It’s also getting them at better-quality high definition. And getting faster speeds in combination with a more reliable connection for all your devices.
Acquired by Time Warner Cable in 2016, Charter Spectrum is the brand providing residential and business broadband cable and fiber Internet, TV and phone. Its all-digital network is designed to offer superior services across the board with improved speeds, additional options and more features. Release dates vary across the nation, but Charter plans to offer improved quality on equal levels in all areas throughout the US.
Click to call: 855-640-0214
Charter Spectrum offers TV, Internet and home phone services. Rather than work with different companies and manage separate bills, households have a chance to save money without sacrificing quality by bundling services in one of a few packages.
Better TV, Internet and home phone service are coming your way from Charter Spectrum as its US rollout continues. Popular features include:
- Early termination rebate. If you’re stuck in a contract with another provider, Charter claims that it will pay your early termination fees of up to $500 to get you on board.
- Straightforward installation. Depending on your home’s internal wiring, you may be able to install everything yourself.
- No contract required. Pay for these reasonably cheap bundles month to month.
There’s always fine print and it’s best to read it all, but since no one ever does, here’s a quick overview of the fine print high (and low) points.
- Advertised pricing. Prices as advertised depend on the inclusion of services in a designated bundle. Purchasing services separately means higher prices.
- Limited coverage and features. Listen closely when Charter Spectrum mentions “rolling out” their amazing all-digital service. It very well may not be available in your area.
- Confusing billing and fees. It can be hard to know exactly what fees you’re facing or how long signup offers go on for.
- Best offers for new customers. If you’re already a Charter Spectrum customer, you may have to fight for the best advertised rates.
It’s easy to sign up for Charter Spectrum bundles: Just click Go to Site to get started. But remember to check for Charter TV and Charter Internet availability in your area by typing in your address online or speaking with a representative.
- Clear offerings. Bundles are clear as to what you get, without overwhelming and endless customization that can come with other providers.
- All digital. Who doesn’t want the latest evolution in TV? Bring on the digital.
- Keeping things simple. Everyone wants to get one less bill in the mail. Two fewer bills is pure bliss.
- Hidden print. We’re used to fine print. But Charter Spectrum sprinkles footnote indicators throughout its site without including the copy associated with those footnotes — more like “hidden print.”
- Limited coverage and features. The mighty roll out is bringing optimized services to a home near you. You just won’t know whether that includes you until you check.
- User “throttling” complaints. You’ll find customers online who complain of limited bandwidth during high-use times or while streaming.
Here’s an idea of the types of bundles and pricing you might see, but note that prices vary by location:
- Triple Play Select — $99.97 a month. More than 125 channels with free HD, access to thousands of On Demand choices, 100Mbps Internet and unlimited local and long-distance calling in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Island.
- Triple Play Silver — $119.97 a month. More than 175 channels — including HBO, Showtime, and NFL Network — with free HD, access to thousands of On Demand choices, 100Mbps Internet and unlimited local and long-distance calling in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Island.
- Triple Play Gold — $139.97 a month. More than 200 channels — including HBO, Showtime, TMC, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, NFL Network, and NFL Redzone — with free HD, access to thousands of On Demand choices, 100Mbps Internet and unlimited local and long-distance calling in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Island.
Each bundle comes with a free modem, Online Protection with Security Suite and 411 calls. Two-service plans are available for TV and Internet or Internet and phone only.
Charter Spectrum offers a bundle designed specifically with today’s businesses in mind.
- Spectrum Business — pricing varies by area. Includes free domain, email, cloud backup, WiFi for your customers and security suite along with unlimited local and long distance calling anywhere in the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada and free HD channels.
How fast is Charter Spectrum?
Charter Spectrum Internet service is advertised as being 10x faster than AT&T DSL. Charter Spectrum phone has been described as a seamless connection for office, cell and home phones. And TV installation is easier than dish (and more reliable in inclement weather).
, you won’t have to sacrifice quality for affordability. Instead, you can pay for a great combo of both through a limited number of Internet/TV/phone bundles.
If you’re looking for the ability to customize a package that fits you to a T, you may need to look elsewhere.