Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Brandless review: Household essentials without the brand noise
Clean products that are better for your body — and the planet.
Quickly and conveniently stock up on everyday household items, vitamins, supplements, baby needs, pet supplies and more from this online shop that focuses on simplicity, clean ingredients and giving back to the community and environment.
What is Brandless?
Brandless sells vegan, cruelty-free, non-GMO, certified organic and other “clean” categories of just about every product under the sun — from vitamins and CBD products to baby wipes and pet treats.
By eliminating what’s sometimes referred to as “brand tax” from its products, Brandless is able to deliver high-quality items at a more affordable price than many of its competitors. Most products come simply packaged without any typical brand marketing.
What can I buy from Brandless?
- Health and wellness. Shop a wide selection of vitamins, supplements, nutrition powders and essential oils — all made with clean ingredients. Non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free and unflavored options are available.
- CBD products. Choose from CBD drops, capsules and creams. All products are tested by an ISO 17025 certified lab for potency/purity, microbiological and pesticide contaminants and heavy metals.
- Baby. Find diapers, wipes, creams, shampoo, organic baby food and more. Shop options that are certified organic, gluten free, plant based, hypoallergenic and so much more.
- Beauty and personal care. Shop clean beauty and personal care products, including makeup remover wipes, eye creams, face scrubs and lotions, deodorant and makeup brushes. Filter your search to find products that are free of parabens or sulfates and much more.
- Home and food. Browse an impressive selection of everything you need for your home, from cleaning products to writing supplies. Plus, shop healthy snacks, coffees and teas, granola, sauces and more.
- Pet care. Shop clean pet treats, shampoos and supplements, as well as toys and biodegradable pet waste bags. Options range from corn, soy and wheat-free to no animal meal and made in the USA.
Delivery and shipping
All orders ship to the continental US via standard delivery and usually arrive within three to five business days. Spend $48 or more and earn free shipping — otherwise, you’ll pay $6.95.
Unfortunately, the company doesn’t ship to Alaska, Hawaii, PO boxes or military addresses at this time.
Brandless accepts American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa, PayPal and Brandless gift cards. But you can’t use PayPal if your order contains CBD products or if you are signing up for a Brandless subscription service.
You’re required to create a free account before checking out. You can either connect your Facebook account or enter your name and email address and create a password.
Returns and refunds
Brandless doesn’t offer returns or exchanges. If you’re not happy with an item you’ve received, the company encourages you to reach out to its customer service department to share your feedback.
If you receive a damaged item, contact customer service. While the company doesn’t explicitly say that you’ll get a refund or replacement item, it says to contact its customer service team with details of the damage. If a food item is damaged, Brandless says it’ll donate an extra three food items to Feeding America’s efforts in your honor.
What sets this brand apart?
Brandless aims to offer products that are better for your body and the environment, without hiking up the price. To do this, the company uses simple packaging and follows the three Rs whenever possible — reducing waste, reusing materials and recycling.
The company is also involved in charitable giving, donating a portion of every sale to nonprofit Feeding America.
Pros and cons
- Free shipping on orders of $48 or more. Brandless has an uncomplicated shipping policy. If you spend $48 and up, shipping is free. If not, you’ll pay $6.95.
- Subscriptions available. Keep must-have items stocked with the Brandless subscription option. You’ll get a free welcome gift with your first subscription order.
- Donates to charity. A portion of every sale goes to Feeding America’s efforts to end hunger.
- No returns or exchanges. Hopefully you love your order — the company doesn’t offer returns or refunds at this time.
Pick up clean, organic, vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO health and wellness products, beauty items, pet care, food and more — all in one place. Choose the Brandless subscription option to keep your pantry stocked at all times.
Just keep in mind that you can’t get return or exchange anything, so you might want to start with a smaller order to try out new products.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
CVS Epic Beauty sale
Time to act fast – CVS is hosting a beauty sale and you can save big on everything from skincare to makeup products.
Ulta Beauty’s Fall Haul Sale 2021
Shop Ulta’s sale event, with deep discounts on products including L’Oréal mascara, Bioré pore strips and Not Your Mother’s dry shampoo.
Mercari review: How it works, pros, cons and more
Is Mercari the best secondhand app to buy or sell your goods? See Mercari pros and cons, reviews and complaints and general FAQs to decide.
Wagmo pet insurance review May 2021
Get pet insurance that reimburses 100% of your vet bills or a separate wellness plan.
Sites like Mercari
Looking for an alternative to Mercari? Here are some worthy competitors that offer high-end brands at steep discounts.
Ulta’s Love Your Skin sales event is here
Shop Ulta’s Love Your Skin sale and discover 50% off popular beauty brands like Sunday Riley, L’Occitane and BareMinerals.
Amazon is canceling one of its grocery delivery services
But we rounded up alternative retailers you can shop at instead.
Best tax software for 2021
We researched over 20 tax software programs to help you quickly compare the top seven.
Best outdoor nativity sets
These nativity scenes will add an extra dose of cheer to your front yard, just in time for Christmas. Find the top sites to shop.
29 LGBTQ-owned businesses to support today and every day
Because being a true ally means putting your money where your mouth is.
Ask an Expert