Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compare the best bottle warmers
Make meal time easier for you and baby.
If your little one prefers warm milk, investing in a bottle warmer can save you lots of time and headaches. See which models are the most popular and learn which features to look for when shopping.
Compare some of the best bottle warmers
|Name||Average price||Type||Power source||Warming time||Purchase|
Philips Avent Fast Baby Bottle Warmer
||$39||Warm water bath||Electric||3 minutes||Buy now|
Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Baby Bottle Warmer
||$28||Steam||Electric||5 minutes||Buy now|
Munchkin High Speed Bottle Warmer
||$19||Steam||Electric||90 seconds||Buy now|
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Portable Bottle Warmer
||$14||Warm water bath||None||Varies||Buy now|
Munchkin Travel Baby Bottle Warmer
||$21||Flexible heating band||Car adapter||A few minutes||Buy now|
The First Years 4-in-1 Remote Control Bottle Warmer
||$55||Steam||Electric||2 – 5 minutes||Buy now|
Do I need a bottle warmer?
While a bottle warmer isn’t a necessity, it can make your life easier if your baby prefers warmed milk. Since breast milk is naturally mom’s body temperature — around 98.6ºF — many babies refuse or have trouble with cold milk.
There are other ways to warm bottles, such as swirling the bottle under warm tap water or placing the bottle in a bowl of warm water and swirling it occasionally. But these methods require more time and effort on your part than bottle warmers do.
Bottle warmer options
Many bottle warmers require electricity, but some models can run on batteries or even your car’s power adapter. There are two main ways that a bottle warmer can work:
- Warm-water bath. These bottle warmers circulate warm water around the bottle to create an even temperature throughout. While these models take a little more time than steam options, they can operate at lower temperatures.
- Steam. These warmers use a heating element to heat water to a high enough temperature to produce steam. The steam then heats the contents of the bottle. This method is faster than the warm water bath but usually makes the exterior of the bottle hot as well, requiring a cool-down before meal time.
Can I use a microwave to warm bottles?
No! Never use a microwave to warm your baby’s bottles. Microwaves heat unevenly, which can result in “hot spots” in your baby’s milk or formula. Some evidence also suggests that microwaves may decrease vital nutrients found in breast milk.
How to compare bottle warmers
Consider these features when shopping for bottle warmers:
- Price. Most bottle warmers range from around $10 to $50.
- Efficiency. Choose a bottle warmer that boasts consistent heat times and temperatures, every time. If you have twins or need the ability to warm two bottles back-to-back, look for a model with a short wait time in between uses.
- Ease of use. Scan through the instructions and settings that come with a particular warmer to determine how easy it might be to use. You don’t want to add a complicated device to your daily routine.
- Portability. Will you need to take your bottle warmer to a caretaker’s home, work or while traveling? If so, portability is a must.
- Compatibility. Some bottle warmers are compatible with a wide range of shapes, sizes and styles of bottles, while others might be less versatile. Make sure the one you’re interested in will work with your bottles.
- Water reservoir. How large is the water reservoir, and will it need to be filled before each use? If so, this can take extra time.
- Auto shut-off and timer. These handy features can help you multitask while warming bottles and prevent overheating.
How to use a bottle warmer
Start by reading the instructions and safety warning that come with your bottle warmer. Instructions can vary from model to model, but these are some basic steps to follow:
- Pour the correct amount of water into the unit. The water reservoir or measuring device should be labeled according to bottle size.
- Place the lifting basket into the warming unit.
- Place the bottle into the basket.
- If the adapter ring fits over the bottle, place it on. If not, set it aside. The purpose of this piece is to allow narrow bottles to warm evenly.
- Plug the warmer in and turn it on.
- When complete, remove the bottle from the warmer using the basket handle.
- Always shake the bottle and test the temperature before giving it to your baby.
- Let the unit cool before using again.
How to clean a bottle warmer
Regularly clean your bottle warmer to prevent bacteria buildup and to ensure your device continues to work properly. To clean it, follow these general steps:
- Read specific cleaning instructions for your model.
- Unplug the warmer and allow to cool.
- Remove the basket, adapter and other removable parts from the warmer.
- Clean these items with warm water and dish soap.
- Use a clean sponge and a small amount of dish soap to wipe the inside and outside of the warmer.
- Wipe again with a clean sponge and dry.
- Pour a mixture of water and white vinegar into the warming unit and allow to sit for several minutes before rinsing. This removes mineral deposits.
Adding a bottle warmer to your kitchen can help you save time and hassle when prepping baby’s meals.
How did we choose these products?
We performed online research to determine some of the most popular bottle warmers currently available, comparing the price, type and overall features.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best 3D printers in 2020
Whether you’re a student or an industry professional, we broke down the best 3D printers to suit your needs — from budget options to accessible features.
Best time to visit Yosemite National Park
Guide to Yosemite for first-time visitors, including accommodation, costs and things to do.
Best time to visit Yellowstone National Park
Guide to Yellowstone, including cost and transportation options.
6 ways to have fun with the family at home this summer
Enjoy summer fun at home with these activities you can do in your own backyard. Pick up essentials like inflatable pools for kids and more.
Freshly review | How does the taste compare to Blue Apron?
A good option to skip prep and cleanup, but foodies might want to steer clear.
When is the best time for a river cruise in Europe?
Take a European river cruise during this month for lush landscapes and pleasant weather.
Best companies for Nile River cruises
Browse and book the best Egypt cruises sailing the Nile in 2020/2021.
Best Mekong River cruise lines
If the mighty Mekong is calling your name, these top river cruises will get you there.
Top cruise lines to Aruba
Shorelines of adventure are waiting in Aruba and these are the cruises to get you there.
Valentine’s Day vacation packages
You can’t buy love, but you can make a reservation for romance with these luxe offers.
Ask an Expert