Sun, sand and savings are on the horizon with BookVIP's crazy low deals for resort getaways. But travelers hoping for off-the-grid adventures around the globe should look elsewhere — BookVIP limits travel to US, Mexico and the Caribbean.
What sets this brand apart?
There are dozens of travel websites to choose from. Here's where BookVIP shines:
Its vacation prices are, actually, super low.
Nearly every travel website touts its low rates, so how does BookVIP stack up? We compared four all-inclusive package deals for two adults, lasting five nights and six days (including taxes and booking fees). BookVIP's rates were far cheaper than the competition.
Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort
Omni Cancun Resort
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos
Data obtained October 2019.
The catch? You'll have to sit through a timeshare presentation.
The caveat of BookVIP's cheap deals is that you must attend a Resort Preview Presentation some time during most vacations (candid reviewers refer to it as a timeshare presentation). While you're not obligated to buy anything, you have to attend a talk that can last up to 120 minutes. Read the terms and conditions before checking out to understand exactly what you're in for.
Still, most people seem to agree that it's worth sitting through the presentation to take advantage of BookVIP's low rates.
What is BookVIP?
BookVIP is an online travel agent that works with affiliated resorts to offer vacation getaways at discounted prices.
What can I buy from Book VIP?
BookVIP can help you locate and book:
After you book with BookVIP.com, it sends an email confirmation with information about the resort and appropriate contact information for questions.
BookVIP's accepted methods of payment:
- American Express
On some reservations, you'll have the option to participate in its Payment Delay Program, which charges your credit card in four separate installments after you pay an initial deposit upfront.
When’s the next sale?
BookVIP offers weekly deals all year round. Click Hot Weekly Deals on its website to see what's available.
Folks on the mailing list will receive special discounts for up to 83% off.
It's bound to have Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals as well, so check back when the holidays roll around.
The CDC continues to advise caution when traveling within or outside the US, though it no longer requires self-quarantine or a COVID-19 test for fully vaccinated travelers as of April 2021. It recommends that you delay travel if you are not fully vaccinated to protect yourself and your family from getting or spreading the virus.
When traveling, follow safety measures that include wearing a mask in public, social distancing and washing your hands. If you are diagnosed with, have symptoms of or are waiting for COVID-19 test results — or are otherwise at risk of illness — do not attend gatherings or travel for 14 days.
Special offers from BookVIP
Pros and cons
Before booking with BookVIP, weigh the benefits and drawbacks.
- Discounted all-inclusive vacations. The azure water and bright sunlight of Mexico's coastline may be within your reach, even if all-inclusive vacations don't typically fit into your budget.
- Deals within the US. If you're looking to stay within the US, choose from options near popular attractions like Las Vegas and Disney World.
- Customer service. Call for help 24/7. BookVIP is also accredited by the Better Business Bureau, where it has an A+ rating and solid track record of replying to customer complaints.
- Travel limitations. While BookVIP travels to Mexico, the Caribbean and US, it only offers three properties in the rest of the world — two in Spain and one in India. So if you're looking for resort packages elsewhere you'll need to find a different site.
- It's focused on peddling the resort experience. BookVIP is perhaps most beneficial to folks hoping for a beach vacation (though there are a few mountainside properties throughout the US). If you're hoping for a more "authentic" experience immersed in a local culture, you may want to browse one of the leading travel sites.
- Timeshare presentation. Most of BookVIP's properties require you to sit through a timeshare presentation, though you're not obligated to buy anything.
BookVIP can connect you with a discounted getaway in popular vacation destinations, putting sunshine and good times within your reach. Before making your reservation, check to see if you can save money with BookVIP.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
10 best ski resorts in the US
Compare skiing, nightlife, cost of lift tickets and more at the top US ski resorts.
7+ hotels offering workation packages
Book a workation at one of these hotels and get Internet, coffee, private space and more.
Best overwater bungalows in Mexico
2 overwater bungalows in Mexico with private infinity pools and glass floors + more nearby.
Get 50% off flights with Frontier Airlines’ flash sale — ends Thursday
In addition to great deals, the airline just launched 16 new routes for nonstop travel from $39.
Getting the travel itch? Act fast to fly from $21 with Frontier and $49 with JetBlue
Shop hundreds of one-way flights that cost less than $50 from these two major airlines.
8 Best winter cabin rentals in the US
Curl up, stay inside and let it snow.
Need a break from WFH? Expedia practically gives away 2-week remote vacations for just $20.20
The popular travel booking site puts a positive spin on 2020 with a deal just for remote workers.
The best Travel Tuesday deals happening right now
25% best Travel Tuesday deals happening now.
Best Black Friday travel deals available right now
With these Black Friday sales from top travel providers, book your getaway now and save up to 75% off.
What to know about Thanksgiving travel this year — and where to go
You might need to quarantine if you’re visiting one of the many states recommending it for out-of-state travelers.
Ask an Expert