Sun, sand and savings are on the horizon with BookVIP's crazy low deals for resort getaways. But travelers hoping for off-the-grid adventures around the globe should look elsewhere — BookVIP limits travel to US, Mexico and the Caribbean.
What sets this brand apart?
There are dozens of travel websites to choose from. Here's where BookVIP shines:
Its vacation prices are, actually, super low.
Nearly every travel website touts its low rates, so how does BookVIP stack up? We compared four all-inclusive package deals for two adults, lasting five nights and six days (including taxes and booking fees). BookVIP's rates were far cheaper than the competition.
Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort
Omni Cancun Resort
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos
Data obtained October 2019.
The catch? You'll have to sit through a timeshare presentation.
The caveat of BookVIP's cheap deals is that you must attend a Resort Preview Presentation some time during most vacations (candid reviewers refer to it as a timeshare presentation). While you're not obligated to buy anything, you have to attend a talk that can last up to 120 minutes. Read the terms and conditions before checking out to understand exactly what you're in for.
Still, most people seem to agree that it's worth sitting through the presentation to take advantage of BookVIP's low rates.
What is BookVIP?
BookVIP is an online travel agent that works with affiliated resorts to offer vacation getaways at discounted prices.
What can I buy from Book VIP?
BookVIP can help you locate and book:
After you book with BookVIP.com, it sends an email confirmation with information about the resort and appropriate contact information for questions.
BookVIP's accepted methods of payment:
- American Express
On some reservations, you'll have the option to participate in its Payment Delay Program, which charges your credit card in four separate installments after you pay an initial deposit upfront.
When’s the next sale?
BookVIP offers weekly deals all year round. Click Hot Weekly Deals on its website to see what's available.
Folks on the mailing list will receive special discounts for up to 83% off.
It's bound to have Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals as well, so check back when the holidays roll around.
The CDC continues to advise caution when traveling within or outside the US, However, it no longer requires self-quarantine or a COVID-19 test for fully vaccinated domestic travelers as of April 2021. International travelers need to get tested three days prior to flying out of the US and within three days after returning, even if you are fully vaccinated. It recommends that you delay travel if you’re not fully vaccinated to protect yourself and your family from getting or spreading the virus.
If you’re planning a trip outside the US, bear in mind that many countries have placed restrictions on US tourists. Check the US embassy website for updates before booking international travel.
Special offers from BookVIP
Pros and cons
Before booking with BookVIP, weigh the benefits and drawbacks.
- Discounted all-inclusive vacations. The azure water and bright sunlight of Mexico's coastline may be within your reach, even if all-inclusive vacations don't typically fit into your budget.
- Deals within the US. If you're looking to stay within the US, choose from options near popular attractions like Las Vegas and Disney World.
- Customer service. Call for help 24/7. BookVIP is also accredited by the Better Business Bureau, where it has an A+ rating and solid track record of replying to customer complaints.
- Travel limitations. While BookVIP travels to Mexico, the Caribbean and US, it only offers three properties in the rest of the world — two in Spain and one in India. So if you're looking for resort packages elsewhere you'll need to find a different site.
- It's focused on peddling the resort experience. BookVIP is perhaps most beneficial to folks hoping for a beach vacation (though there are a few mountainside properties throughout the US). If you're hoping for a more "authentic" experience immersed in a local culture, you may want to browse one of the leading travel sites.
- Timeshare presentation. Most of BookVIP's properties require you to sit through a timeshare presentation, though you're not obligated to buy anything.
BookVIP can connect you with a discounted getaway in popular vacation destinations, putting sunshine and good times within your reach. Before making your reservation, check to see if you can save money with BookVIP.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How much time can you save using Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™ concierge services?
Reclaim your time with Luxury card’s concierge service.
6 reasons why you’ll want the Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™
Because your time is priceless.
Delta Medallion status: How does it work and why you should get it
Ascend through its ranks and Delta Medallion Status pays off with additional perks and benefits for SkyMiles members.
United Quest℠ Card review
The Chase United Quest piles on the perks without breaking the bank.
Best credit cards for rewards in 2021
Take advantage of miles, points and perks with a card that best fits your lifestyle.
Get 50% off flights with Frontier Airlines’ flash sale — ends Thursday
In addition to great deals, the airline just launched 16 new routes for nonstop travel from $39.
Getting the travel itch? Act fast to fly from $21 with Frontier and $49 with JetBlue
Shop hundreds of one-way flights that cost less than $50 from these two major airlines.
Need a break from WFH? Expedia practically gives away 2-week remote vacations for just $20.20
The popular travel booking site puts a positive spin on 2020 with a deal just for remote workers.
The best Travel Tuesday deals happening right now
25% best Travel Tuesday deals happening now.
Best Black Friday travel deals available right now
With these Black Friday sales from top travel providers, book your getaway now and save up to 75% off.
Ask an Expert