Book your next hotel stay through Booking.com and find a great room at a great price.
You may have heard about Booking.com or its parent company, Priceline. While Priceline is an ideal destination for a variety of travel needs — including hotels, rental cars, flights, vacation packages, and cruises — Booking.com is focused around hotels and vacation rentals.
To help you navigate the Booking.com site like a pro and find a great hotel deal, let’s walk through all of the site’s features and various sections.
Frequently asked questions
Do I have to input my credit card information while booking?
Most of the time, yes. The majority of hotels will require credit card information to guarantee your reservation. However, some hotels will allow you to book without a credit card. You can find these properties by selecting the “Book without credit card” option under the Reservation Policy filter.
How will my reservation be confirmed?
Once you’ve booked your stay, you’ll be taken to a confirmation page. At this time, you’ll know your reservation is successful. You’ll also receive a confirmation email with details of your stay.
Can I cancel my booking or make changes to it?
Yes; just sign into your Booking.com account to make changes to any reservation. Keep in mind that there may be conditions from the hotel regarding room cancellations or changes, so consider reading the hotel’s terms carefully before completing reservations.
Features of Booking.com
Booking.com was founded in 1996, and since then it’s developed a well-regarded platform for hotel searches. Some of the features offered by the site include:
- Price match guarantee. If you find a hotel deal for a better price elsewhere, Booking.com will match the price.
- No booking fees. You can book hotel rooms or vacation rentals without having to pay fees.
- Reviews from a community of travelers. According to Booking.com, the site has over 100 million reviews from real travelers.
- Properties around the world. You can find over a million listings in 93,000 locations worldwide.
How it works
Looking for a hotel deal on Booking.com starts with putting details about your trip into the site’s search function. The search tool is quite simple; you’ll just need to input the following information:
- Where you want to go. You can put in any location — cities, addresses, landmarks, etc.
- Check-in and check-out dates. Tell Booking.com when you’ll be traveling.
- What you’re traveling for (work or leisure). The site will show you different listings depending on what you choose. If you say you’re traveling for work, for example, the site will look for business travel amenities like Wi-Fi and free parking.
- The type of property you’re looking for. You can look for hotels, homes and apartments, or all properties.
- Basic room and traveler information. Select how many rooms you’re looking for, as well as how many people will be staying with you.
Once you hit “Search,” you’ll see a page of the most relevant listings you can choose from.
Once you see the results page for properties, you can filter the results broadly by price, star count, or review score.
You’ll also have the option to filter results by various dimensions, which include:
- Budget. Find a property within your price range.
- Star rating. A property with a higher star rating will generally offer more accommodations.
- Facility. Look for property features that are important to you, such as free Wi-Fi, parking, airport shuttles, swimming pools, spas, room service, and more.
- Reservation policy. Filter properties that offer free cancellation, booking without a credit card, or no prepayment.
- Meals. Look for properties that offer breakfast and/or kitchen facilities.
- Deal. You can find properties that are high-value stays according to Booking.com.
- Property type. If you’re looking for a specific type of property (like a lodge or apartment), use this filter.
- Review score. You can use Booking.com’s community of reviews to find the highest-rated properties.
- Bed preference. Select which bed size you want.
- Room features. Find rooms with air conditioning, bathtubs, patios, flat-screen TVs, etc.
- Chain. You can look at rooms from specific chains. (This might be especially useful if you have a co-branded hotel credit card.)
- City. Look at properties in nearby cities.
Booking your room
To book your room, head down to the bottom of a property’s listing page, select the number of rooms you want, and click the “I’ll Reserve” button.
After you do that, you’ll see a price breakdown for your reservation. In total, the price may include your room fee and applicable taxes (such as city taxes). Input your contact details and any special requests, and you’re ready to book your stay. After you complete your purchase, your booking will immediately be confirmed.
Helpful Booking.com sections
Beyond Booking.com’s basic search feature and listing pages, there are other areas of the site you might find helpful.
Find Deals/Deals You Can’t Miss
Booking.com’s Deals You Can’t Miss section is an excellent place to find heavy discounts on rooms. It’s a good choice if you’re not particularly choosy about where you want to stay and just want to find a well-priced room. You’ll find hotel deals in places like:
- Europe: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Istanbul, London, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Prague, Rome
- North America: Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Miami Beach, Montreal, Orlando, Toronto
- South America: Bogotá, Brasília, Buenos Aires, Fortaleza, Lima, Natal, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Santiago, Sao Paulo
- Africa: Agadir, Cairo, Cape Town, Casablanca, Fez, Hurghada, Johannesburg, Marrakesh, Sharm El Sheikh, Tangier
- Asia: Tokyo, Abu Dhabi, Bangkok, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Patong Beach, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore
- Oceania: Adelaide, Auckland, Brisbane, Cairns, Christchurch, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Wellington
Just select the dates you’ll be traveling as well as the region and city you’ll be staying in, and you’ll be shown a selection of the best deals Booking.com has to offer.
Sometimes you won’t be quite sure where you want to travel to. In that case, consider using Booking.com’s Destination Inspiration feature.
The Destination Inspiration tool will ask you two basic questions:
- What matters most to you on vacation? You can input answers like “photography” or “downhill skiing.”
- Where do you want to go? This is a good way to narrow your options and head toward a region that appeals to you.
Booking.com will show you the top-rated locations for the activity and place you selected. For example, if you searched for “beaches” and “Spain,” you’ll see a list that includes Novo Sancti Petri (known as a beautiful destination for a beach walk) and Gandía (which offers a great nightlife).
Houses, condos, and apartments
If you’re looking for a vacation rental on a house, condo, or apartment, you can find it through Booking.com. After you complete your booking, you’ll be put in touch with the host of the residence.
You can list your property on Booking.com if you have a residence that you’d like to offer as a vacation rental.
Booking.com for business
If you’re a business owner, you can create an account on Booking.com’s business travel platform. The platform offers:
- Business rates and 10% off certain properties
- Tools to track spending by department, team, or individual
- Reviews from business travelers
- A console on which you can view all of your bookings
The Booking.com travel platform is free to sign up for and doesn’t come with any subscription costs or contracts.
Let us know if you have any questions
We’re always here if you have questions about Booking.com or any travel needs. Feel free to contact us anytime!