30% off last minute tour bookings worldwide
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
6 tour companies that let you book now, and pay later
An initial deposit saves your spot — giving you more time to settle the balance.
While there’s a tour out there to fit every budget, feeding that wanderlust doesn’t always come cheap.
Whether you need some extra time to save up or want to spread the payments out, these tour companies all offer flexible payment options so you can lock in today’s price with tomorrow’s funds.
Top companies that offer book now, pay later tours
Carefully curated trips that let you see the highlights and enjoy real local experiences.
- A deposit is required to book, with full payment due 45 days prior to your tour.
- Dive into the local culture with a huge variety of tours across all seven continents.
2. G Adventures
Small group tours with a sustainable focus covering every corner of the globe.
- Choose to pay in full or just a deposit from $250.
- You’ve got up until 60 days before departure to make your final payment.
- Its Holding an Option feature lets you reserve a place without paying for up to 48 hours.
- If you need to cancel or delay your trip your deposit won’t expire and can be applied to any other tour. You can even pass it on to a friend.
See the world on a budget with good-value itineraries that include all the essentials.
- Choose to pay in full or just a deposit from $200.
- You’ve got up until 45 days before departure to make your final payment.
Travel in small groups and explore new places with something for every budget.
- Choose from different travel styles based on what you want to spend.
- Make a $400 deposit upfront, with the balance due 56 days before you leave.
- Be spontaneous and take advantage of $1-deposit sales when they pop up.
Looking for something fun and social? Contiki is all about affordable tours for young adults.
- Pay a deposit upfront and cover the balance 45 days before your trip.
- If your plans change and you have to cancel, you may be offered a FlexDeposit to use your deposit toward a future trip with Contiki.
Dedicated tours for 18- to 39-year-olds where you can explore with like-minded travelers around Europe, North America, Australia and Asia.
- Book your tour with an initial deposit — full payment is due 6o before departure.
- If you need to cancel you can reuse your deposit for another trip within two years or transfer to a friend.
- Save with discounts for early payment, group travel, multiple trips and more.
What book now, pay later tour options are available from these companies?
|Trafalgar||Upfront deposit with final payment due 45 days in advance|
|G Adventures||$250+ deposit with final payment due 60 days before departure|
|Costsaver||$200+ with final payment due 45 days in advance|
|Intrepid||$400 deposit with final payment due 56 days before departure|
|Contiki||Upfront deposit with final payment due 60 days before departure|
|Topdeck||Upfront deposit with final payment due 60 days before departure|
How do book now, pay later options for tours work?
Most tour companies let you secure your tour date and price at the time of booking with a deposit. The deposit’s usually not refundable, but can sometimes be used towards another tour or transferred to a friend as long as you’re within its cancellation window. We recommend checking the terms and conditions before checking out, to ensure you’re up-to-date on the deets.
Booking a tour with an initial deposit can be a good option for travel junkies who need a bit more time to save up the funds — just keep in mind that you’ll need to pay in full by the deadline, or risk losing your reservation. Keep an eye on our travel coupons, deals and discounts for ways to save money on your next getaway.
Frequently asked questions
Latest tour deals
More guides on Finder
How much time can you save using Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™ concierge services?
Reclaim your time with Luxury card’s concierge service.
6 reasons why you’ll want the Luxury Card Mastercard® Black Card™
Because your time is priceless.
Gifts that give back in 2021
Your gift list can go the extra mile this year with these hot-ticket items that give back to charitable causes.
Teeth whitening guide + top picks
Learn about the main types of teeth whitening procedures, including how to find the right one for your needs.
9 best slip dresses of the season
Find the perfect slip dress for your style and budget, whether you’re looking for something casual or a formal look to dress up.
13 of the best shoes for nurses
Shop some of the best nursing shoes to help you stay on your feet in comfort and style. We share our picks and tips and advice from nurses.
10 best ski resorts in the US
Compare skiing, nightlife, cost of lift tickets and more at the top US ski resorts.
Cheap bus tickets
See top deals, discounts and promo codes from Megabus, Greyhound, Omio and more.
5 best overwater bungalows in Thailand
Our picks of the best overwater stays in the Land of Smiles from budget-friendly to luxurious.
Compare capsule coffee machines
We’ll help you choose the right capsule coffee machine for your home or office. Compare specs and features for popular capsule coffee machines.
Ask an Expert