Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Bloomingdale’s Friends and Family sale: What to expect
Enjoy up to 25% in savings, plus extra perks for Loyallists.
Anyone can participate in Bloomingdale’s Friends and Family sale, but special perks are awarded to the company’s Loyallist rewards members. Look for savings of up to 25% on nearly everything in the store several times a year — and sign up to become a Loyallist if you haven’t already.
When is the Bloomingdale’s Friends and Family sale?
The next Friends and Family sale starts October 1.
The Bloomingdale’s Friends and Family sale usually takes place in the spring and fall. Last year, these sales happened in April, June, September and November. But the dates can vary from year-to-year, so stay tuned for the latest information as soon as we have it.
How do I shop the Bloomingdale’s sale?
This sale is typically super easy to shop — just head online or to your local Bloomingdale’s location and shop the markdowns, no promo code needed. The sale usually starts online and then opens up to store shoppers within a few days. Note that Bloomingdale’s Outlet locations do not participate in Friends and Family sales events.
One thing you can do to prepare for extra savings: Become a Loyallist member. All you have to do is create a free account online, in-store or get approved for a Bloomingdale’s credit card. Loyallist members earn points on every purchase, plus cash in on perks like a $25 reward card for every $100 they spend during the Friends & Family sale.Shop now
What kind of deals to expect
The company has previously offered up to 25% off any item marked with “Friends and Family” during the sale. And everyone gets free shipping, no minimum purchase amount required. Last year, customers saw discounts on clothing brands including Alo Yoga, Laundry by Shelli Segal and Hugo Boss. There were also deals on accessories like LeSportSac.
Bloomingdale’s has a history of knocking off $15 for every $150 you spend on beauty items.
Read the fine print for brands and collections that are excluded from the sale, though — there are quite a few. Just some of the biggest designers that won’t be marked down for the Friends and Family sale include:
- Alexander Wang
- Christian Dior
- Jimmy Choo
- Kate Spade New York
- Louis Vuitton
- Tom Ford sunglasses
- Under Armour
Ways to save even more
Keep these tips in mind to maximize your fashion and beauty savings:
- Become a Loyallist. It’s free to join Bloomingdale’s Loyallist rewards program, and you earn points on every purchase, plus freebies and other offers throughout the year.
- Snag online deals early. When shopping Friends and Family sales, snag hot items online before the deals hit stores.
- Shop the sale and clearance section. When there’s not a sale going on, scan the brand’s sale and clearance section for deals. This is a good way to get a discount on designers that are usually excluded from big sales events.
- Join Bloomingdale’s email list. Enter your email address on the Bloomingdale’s website to earn 10% off your first order. Note that this coupon comes with some exclusions and you might not be able to combine it with other offers.
- Shop with the app. Take 15% off when you download and shop via the Bloomingdale’s mobile app.
Earn up to 25% off select items several times a year during this high-end department store’s popular Friends and Family sales events. Sign up to become a Loyallist member for free to save even more.
Bloomingdale’s deals & sales for September 2020
Ask an Expert