BizLoans.io business loan marketplace review
Get connected with wide range of loan amounts and multiple loan types from reputable lenders.
finder.com’s rating: 4.37 / 5.0
First, do I qualify?
The only real requirement to qualify for a loan from one of BizLoans.io’s partners is a personal credit score of 470 or above. However, you probably won’t be able to qualify for large amounts or reasonable rates unless you have a score of at least 550. To be eligible for a term loan, your business must be at least six months old and you must have good or excellent credit.
What is BizLoans.io?
BizLoans.io is the business branch of FinMkt, an online loans marketplace. It can connect borrowers with lenders in a matter of seconds, using an algorithm to compare your business against its partners’ eligibility requirements. After you choose a lender, BizLoans.io walks you through the rest of the application process until you sign your loan documents.
Its partners offer secured and unsecured term loans ranging from $5,000 to $10,000,000 with rates typically around 15%–150% Varies by lender for newer businesses or owners with poor credit. Terms vary by lender, as do fees, but you won’t need to pay a fee for using BizLoan.io’s services.
Other types of financing offered on BizLoans.io
In addition to term loans, other types of financing offered by BizLoans.io’s partner lenders range from $5,000 to $10 million. A few examples of the kinds of loans you can get from partners of BizLoans.io include:
- Equipment financing. These term loans and leases are secured by equipment you purchase and can come with more competitive rates than an unsecured term loan — as low as 2.6% APR — because they’re backed by the value of your equipment.
- Real estate loans. BizLoans.io can connect you with lenders offering commercial mortgages and other real estate loans. Since mortgages can be more complicated than other types of business loans, this can take a couple of weeks.
- Unsecured working capital. Working capital is a catch-all term for business loans designed to help cover day-to-day expenses. In this case, it’s a short-term loan from $5,000 to $200,000 that comes with daily repayments and doesn’t require any collateral.
- Lines of credit. This type of financing gives your business ongoing access to funds at a moment’s notice to cover ongoing expenses. Instead of getting a one-time lump sum, your business qualifies for a credit limit ranging from $2,000 to $100,000. How repayment works varies by lender.
- SBA loans. Government-backed term loans, lines of credit and more. These loans come with a long list of alternative eligibility requirements designed to help businesses who’ve had a hard time getting funds in the past. They’re also one of the most difficult types of business financing to qualify for.
- Short-term business loans. Short-term business loans typically come in smaller amounts with higher rates and less time to pay them back. They typically have less strict credit requirements than other types of financing and might be one of your only options if you don’t meet most other lenders’ requirements.
- Invoice financing. Businesses that rely on accounts receivables from government agencies and other businesses can use this option to get access to financing up to the value of their invoices from $2,000 to $100,000 while they wait for customers to pay them.
What makes BizLoans.io unique?
BizLoans.io isn’t just a one-off service that connects you with potential lenders and then steps away. Instead, it’s one of a handful of online business loan marketplaces that has the support to walk your business through the entire application process, which can be tricky. There’s no confusion about which customer service line to call, who is in charge of your loan or any other mix-ups that can happen when you try to find a loan through a marketplace.
What are the benefits of using BizLoans.io to find financing?
- Wide range of loans types. With 78 lenders in its network, you’re likely to be connected with exactly the type of financing you were looking for.
- Startup-friendly. BizLoans.io may be able to connect your business with financing even if it’s just off the ground or had trouble qualifying for a loan in the past.
- Wide range of loan amounts. Your business can apply for funds as low as as $5,000 and as high as $10 million when you apply for anything beyond a term loan.
What to watch out for
- Can be expensive. If you’re a startup, don’t have steady cash flow or have poor credit, you might not be able to qualify for the most competitive rates with a partner lender.
- Not always risk-free to apply. While the majority of BizLoans.io’s partners let borrowers prequalify based on a soft credit pull that has no effect on your credit rating, some lenders don’t. However, BizLoans.io makes an effort to get you prequalified with lenders that use a soft inquiry and asks your permission before taking any steps that affect your credit score.
- Not the fastest turnaround. Depending on the lender and type of financing, it can take as little as 48 hours to get your funds after you sign your loan documents — faster than a bank loan, but not as helpful as some other lenders and connection services in emergency situations. Meanwhile, term loans take as little as two weeks, but an average of 30 days to be disbursed.
Compare more business loan providers
What do users have to say about BizLoans.io?
Virtually nothing. BizLoans.io doesn’t have a Better Business Bureau (BBB) or Trustpilot page — but its parent company FinMkt does. FinMkt gets an A+ BBB rating, which it’s been accredited with since 2017. However, ratings aren’t based on customer reviews — the BBB considers factors like transparency and responses to customer complaints instead.
As of July 2018, FinMkt has no reviews or complaints on its BBB page. Its TrustPilot page is also relatively empty. On top of this, there are no mentions of either BizLoans.io or FinMkt on popular forums like Reddit or review sites like Yelp.
This isn’t necessarily a good or bad thing. However, you might want to look into other lenders if customer service is a top priority — the lack of information makes it a bit of a crapshoot.
How do I apply?
You can apply through BizLoan.io’s site or get started over the phone by calling 877-249-3338. Applying online is a little less involved, but you won’t have anyone there to immediately answer your questions if you have any. Before you get started with either option, check your eligibility.
The only hard requirement BizLoans.io has is a 470 credit score cut-off for business owners, though you won’t be able to get the most competitive rates unless you have excellent credit. Term loans require good or excellent credit and at least six months in business.
How long you’ve been in business can also play a role in how much your business is able to qualify for. For example, startups can have a hard time qualifying for loans over $50,000. Generally, the longer you’ve been in business, the more competitive your loan will be.
Depending on your application, BizLoans.io might recommend that you apply for a loan through FinMkt’s personal loans marketplace, Lendvious. These loans range from $1,000 to $50,000, are entirely based on your personal credit and come with rates starting at 4.99% and terms of three to five years.
Steps to apply
- Go to BizLoans.io and click Get Started Now.
- Fill out basic information about you and your business. Then, rank which is most important to you: speed, rates or term length.
- Read the agreements, terms, authorizations and privacy policies before you hit Next.
- Complete the required fields with more details about your business before hitting Next.
- Fill in your personal information, including your Social Security number, then click Next.
- Select whether or not you’re the sole owner of the business. If not, enter your percentage of ownership and fill in information about all additional owners. Then hit Next.
- Enter information about your business’s financials and select whether you own, rent or have a mortgage for your location. If you rent or have a mortgage, give details about your contract before clicking Next.
- Upload your documents and hit Next.
- Review the types of loans you might be able to qualify for and wait for a loan specialist to contact you and walk you through the rest of the application process.
Funding time varies. For term loans, it can take as little as two weeks to get your money, though the average is 30 days.
What documents do I need to apply?
Since BizLoans.io is a connection service, the documents you need to apply vary. However, to complete the application, you must upload:
- Four months of business bank statements
- Six months of credit card statements
I got a loan through BizLoans.io. Now what?
What happens next depends on your lender — after you sign your loan documents and receive your funds, BizLoans.io is no longer a part of the picture.
You might want to ask your lender if you can sign up for automatic repayments. That way, you won’t have to take time out of your day to manually make repayments each month.
Term loans come with monthly repayments, while other types of financing might come with daily or weekly repayments — especially working capital loans. Whichever one your business goes for, make a habit of checking your loan balance and business bank account to make sure everything is going smoothly. And don’t hesitate to contact customer service if you have any questions.
BizLoans.io’s marketplace has fewer requirements than most. However, it’s not the fastest way to get your funds and you could end up with high rates and fees if your credit score is lacking or you haven’t been in business that long. It could be a useful resource for businesses that have a hard time getting a loan.
Not sure it’s the right marketplace for you? You might want to visit our business loans guide. There, you can compare lenders and learn more about how business financing works.
Frequently asked questions
Business loan ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We rate business loan providers on a scale of 1 to 5 stars based on factors like transparency, costs and customer experience. We don’t take into account elements like eligibility criteria, state availability or payment frequency — we save that for our reviews.
Read the full methodology of how we rate business loan providers to get a better picture of what goes into each star rating.