Slice your bills in half, but with a 40% service fee.Billshark saves you time and money by negotiating bills with your service providers. But the company takes a 40% cut of any savings it earns you.
$0 per month
|Fee||$0 per month|
|Intro or bonus offer||With the submission of a valid bill, you will receive a "Choose Your Reward" code. The code lets you choose between dining, travel, grocery, and shopping rewards|
|ATMs||No access to ATMs|
Cassidy Horton is a writer for Finder, specializing in banking and kids’ debit cards. She’s been featured on Legal Zoom, MSN, and Consolidated Credit and has a Bachelor of Science in Public Relations and a Master of Business Administration from Georgia Southern University. When not writing, you can find her exploring the Pacific Northwest and watching endless reruns of The Office.
If you think you may be overpaying for certain bills, such as your wireless phone, television, satellite radio, internet or home security system, Billshark may be a good fit. The company negotiates bills on your behalf, which frees up time for you to focus on more important things.Billshark is a performance-based service, so if it can’t successfully negotiate a lower rate, you won’t pay a dime. But if it does, you’ll fork over 40% of your long-term savings upfront.
How much does Billshark cost?
Once Billshark closes your negotiation, it will charge you a fee equal to 40% of your savings.
For example if it saves you $50 a month for 12 months, you pay Billshark $240 of your $600 savings. If you save $50 for 24 months, you pay $480. The 40% fee is capped at 24 months, so if you save $50 for 36 months, you’ll only pay a $480 fee.
Customers who can’t pay the full amount up front can opt into a payment plan with their partner Split to spread the payments over two to six months with a one-time payment fee of $9.
How do I open a Billshark account?
Set up your account with Billshark online using the steps below:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- From the Billshark website, click Lower My Bills.
- Enter your email and create a password.
- Select the type of bill you want Billshark to negotiate.
- Select your bill’s service provider.
- Choose whether you want to upload your bill or have Billshark get the bill for you.
- a. If you choose the first option, you’ll upload your bill as a PDF, JPEG, GIF or PNG.
- b. If you choose the second option, you’ll be prompted to enter the username and password for your service provider.
- Enter your name, the last four digits of your Social Security number, your phone number and any special instructions. Click Save Now.
Is Billshark safe to use?Billshark was featured on USA Today, CBS News, Washington Post and more. The site is SOC 2 compliant and uses the same security technology used by banks. Billshark doesn’t store your credit card information and won’t sell your personal information to third parties. And although the company does ask for the last four digits of your Social Security number, this is only to verify your identity with your service provider.
What are the pros and cons of Billshark?
Billshark has the following benefits and drawbacks:
- Billshark negotiates for you. You don’t have to set aside time to call your service providers yourself. Billshark does all the work.
- You don’t pay unless you get a better rate. Billshark only charges you if it successfully saved you money.
- Savings calculator. Use the Billshark savings calculator to estimate potential savings before you sign up.
- Guarantee. If your provider doesn’t follow through with the negotiated rate, Billshark will adjust the savings fee.
- High service fee. If Billshark negotiates a better rate, you pay 40% of your total savings to the company.
- Upfront payments. You pay 40% of your long-term savings to Billshark up front. You’ll receive an invoice three days after a successful negotiation and payment is due within five days.
Before you decide to fork over 40% of your potential savings, check out this guide to budgeting for beginners.
How do I contact Billshark?
You can contact Billshark in any of the following ways.
- Live chat. Interact with a representative on Billshark‘s website.
- Email. Send a message to email@example.com.
- Phone. Call 800-957-1710 on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
Compare Billshark with other budgeting software
Compare other popular budgeting tools and apps based on fees and supported platforms.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.