Someone special is getting married and you want to find the perfect gift to help them celebrate — we’ve got you covered.
If you have no idea where to start, here’s a detailed guide to help you find that gift you’re looking for.
What to know about the Best Wedding Gifts
Wedding gifts 101
Finding the perfect gift for a couple during their wedding day can be an exhausting task but following the right gift giving etiquette can help point you in the right direction. Here are a few things you should consider as you start gift shopping.
- Wedding registry. If the couple has registered for specific products in a certain store, it’s always advised to use this as a guide and use it to choose their gift. This ensures that you don’t buy a gift that is not useful to them.
- Is it an obligation for you to give a gift? It’s always good etiquette to bring a gift to the wedding or send one in case you cannot attend the ceremony. You can also choose to give a group gift which can lessen the burden.
- Cash gifts. Most couples need cash when starting out their new life more than they need other material things.
- How much should you spend? One thing to remember is that a thoughtful gift is more important and valuable than the price tag. Your relationship to the bride or groom should direct you on how much you are going to spend. If you have a close relationship with the couple, you can spend more compared to an acquaintance.
- Include a gift receipt and a card. It’s always good to include a card with your wedding gift — this lets the couple know where to send a thank you card. You can also include the gift receipt so the couple can follow up on any warranty offered or return the gift.
What are the best wedding gifts to give?
So what can be considered some of the best gifts to give the happy newlywed couple?
- Decor. Help the couple start off in their new home by gifting home decor. A decorative wall art, bowl for fresh fruits or even an attractive ottoman can be a simple way to wish the couple the best in their new life.
- Charity donations. Making a donation to the couple’s favorite charity in the couple’s name is a great gift for a couple who has a “no gifts” rule in their invitation.
- Help with the honeymoon. You can do this by buying their tickets or even giving gift certificates for romantic dinners, spa reservations or any other activities.
- Cash. This will be remembered years to come and help the couple deal with large purchases, such as a down payment for a new house.
- Wine. Get the couple one or several bottles of wines to help celebrate their union. You can have these accompanied with a set of classy wine glasses.
- Bathroom accessories. A set of cotton monogrammed towels, bathrobes or even a set of luxurious soaps and spa bath salts will transform any bathroom to a relaxing spa and makes for the perfect wedding gift.
- Electronics. Give the latest digital camera, home speakers, blu-ray player or any other top electronic product on the market.
Worst wedding gifts that you should avoid
There are some items and gifts that everyone should avoid presenting a couple on their wedding day. Here’s what you should steer clear off.
- Re-gifted gifts. Despite the urge to save up on some money and give the couple a gift from a previous occasion, it’s something that you should avoid. This act will be interpreted as not only lack of gift giving etiquette, but also as thoughtless.
- A gift out of the couple’s lifestyle. There is no need to buy patio furniture if the couple lives in an apartment in the middle of the city — this will just add stress to the couple on what to do with it.
- A suggestive gift. It’s always safe to avoid products that can be misinterpreted or cause misunderstandings, such as baby items or even self-help books.
- A gift that can spoil or go bad. This means that you shouldn’t go for products that will easily spoil in a couple of days — such as fruits or flowers — as the couple will come home from their honeymoon to find dried or moldy fruits.
- A gift that requires lots of maintenance. A gift that requires upkeep is never a good idea as it might end up being a burden for the couple in the long run.
Top tips to choosing the perfect wedding gifts
After learning about the gift giving rules and some of the best and worst wedding gift ideas, you might still feel unsure on how to choose the perfect gift. You could always:
- Consult the wedding registry. The couple’s registry is designed specifically to communicate the couple’s needs and preferences, making it the best place for you to start your search.
- Consult a close friend or family member. It’s always a safe bet to ask someone who is close to them. This will help you learn of any interests or hobbies that might help you in your purchase.
- Consider the couple’s age and whether it is their first wedding. If it’s their second wedding, then the couple already has most of what they’ll need for their home. Additionally, people in different age groups have different interests and hobbies which might eliminate some gifts.
Top wedding gift suggestions for couples
Couples that cook
It’s easy to shop for a couple that loves to cook because they can always use more gadgets and tools for their kitchen. Whether you’re on a budget or want to splurge, you can find a kitchen related gift that the couple will surely love.
- On a budget: A high quality hand mixer like a KitchenAid is the perfect addition to any baker’s supplies. If the couple lives in a small apartment, this is the perfect gift because it won’t take up much space.
- Middle of the road: The Instant Pot makes a perfect gift because it’s a diverse cooking tool. Since it’s so popular at the moment, many cookbooks are also available to accompany your gift and make it special.
- Splurge: A pasta making machine will definitely be a hit with any foodie couple. It’s fast, easy to use, a breeze to clean and it makes amazing pasta.
Couples that are outdoorsy
We all know that one couple who loves to be in nature. They’re camping every weekend of the summer and hate to be inside. Here’s some ideas for their perfect gift.
- On a budget: A queen sized sleeping bag is a great way to keep the newlyweds warm and cozy on their first married camping trip.
- Middle of the road: Matching travel packs make a great and useful gift for any nature loving couple. They can use them wherever their adventures might take them.
- Splurge: A YETI cooler is an expensive item that many outdoorsy couples would love to have, but just can’t afford. YETI coolers are 100% leak proof and keep ice frozen for days.
Couples that love the gym
The couple that lifts together, stays together, right? Help your favorite athletes keep hitting the gym with these fun and sporty gift ideas.
- On a budget: Matching sweatbands make a sweet and adorable gift for any gym rat couple.
- Middle of the road: Gymshark is the coolest athletic wear brand on the market right now. The couple would surely appreciate some new threads to work out in from this trendy brand. Just make sure to get something for each half of the couple.
- Splurge: If you really want to treat the super fit couple, why not buy them a treadmill for home? Make sure they have some place to put it in their home. If they don’t, you could consider paying for a year of their gym membership.
Couples that are nerdy
If you’re attending the wedding of your favorite geeky friends, make sure you get a gift that fits their personalities.
- On a budget: This Star Wars themed waffle maker makes delicious breakfast shaped like the Death Star. Any nerdy couple would love to have it in their home.
- Middle of the road: Matching Harry Potter house jackets are a practical, sweet and fun gift for any couple that loves the series. Just make sure you don’t buy a Gryffindor a Slytherin jacket!
- Splurge: Spoil the couple and buy them a Nintendo Switch. They’re sure to appreciate the gesture when they spend late nights playing games together.
Couples that are your best friend
Sometimes the people who are closest to us are the most difficult to find gifts for. If the bride or groom is your best friend, you can worry a little less about buying a gift for both halves of the couple. If you focus on your best friend, their new spouse is sure to understand.
- On a budget: A photo collage of your most precious moments together is a wedding gift that’s nearly certain to make your best friend tear up. This frame makes it easy to put one together.
- Middle of the road: A custom made sign would make the perfect addition to your best friend’s new home. Since you two are so close, you can pick one that fits your friend’s unique taste.
- Splurge: Plan a weekend getaway for the two of you, or for all four of you if you have a serious partner too. Time together is sure to mean more than any typical gift.
Couples that are moving in together
Although it’s not necessarily the norm for couples to wait to move in together until they’re married, many couples still choose to wait. They might need certain things more established couples won’t.
- On a budget: Every couple needs storage containers for leftover food. Glass containers that are oven safe make an especially nice and very practical gift.
- Middle of the road: A young couple likely lacks decorations for their home. A unique piece of custom art that celebrates their new shared last name is a great way to commemorate their love.
- Splurge: If you want to get the couple a bigger gift, why not choose something they’d have to spend their own cash on otherwise? A flat screen TV is a great, generous idea that any couple will appreciate.
Couples that already live together
Although the more established couple can a bit more difficult to buy for, we’ve got some ideas that are sure to please.
- On a budget: Essential oils are more and more popular lately, and a diffuser is a great gift. Choose one like this unicorn diffuser for a gift that has unique personality.
- Middle of the road: A marble cheeseboard can be customized with the couple’s name and is a special heirloom item they can always cherish. They definitely won’t own anything like it.
- Splurge: A Roomba makes an amazing gift because it takes just a tiny bit of stress off the couple. They don’t have to vacuum anymore! They’re sure to love you forever just for that.
Best wedding gifts selection
Elodie Unicorn Room Diffuser
Harry Potter House Down Jackets
Star Wars Death Star Waffle Maker
Custom Bride & Groom Headband
Customised Name String Art
Marble and Wood Custom Cheese Board
Personalised Wedding Sign
BackSak Waterproof Backpack
Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity
Cotton Flannel Double Sleeping Bag
18 Piece Glass Food Storage Container Set
7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
4K Ultra HD Roku Smart
Umbra Hangit Photo Display
YETI Hopper TWO Portable Cooler
Kitchenaid Hand Mixer
Easy Assembly Folding Electric Treadmill
Philips Pasta Maker
Current deals and offers
Popular Gifts & Flowers coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|11 Aug 2018||Get your first two months for $30||FIN****|
|4 Aug 2018||$60 off first 3 orders||GET****|
|18 Jan 2019||Free shipping with orders of $30 and over||SHI****|
|18 Jan 2019||Buy one get one 50% off intimates||NAU****|
|16 Jan 2019||Save $12 on $79 on mixed arrangements||MIX****|
|22 Nov 2018||Zero down payment on Helzberg Diamonds credit card purchase||********|