We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
When is the best time to visit Bali?
Discover the best times to visit Bali in light of the weather, hotel prices and activities.
Bali is a great place to visit year-round, with temperatures averaging 85° throughout the year. It is a popular family destination for travelers during school breaks, so June to August and December will be busier than the rest of the year — this is likely to mean higher prices.
We figured out the best times to visit tropical Bali based on a combination of all the important vacation factors.
Best times to visit Bali
You’ll find that the temperature in Bali is comfortably warm year round, but some months are much rainier — this is called low season — and crowded than others. The most ideal weather for a sunny vacation are between the months of April to June and September to October.
April to October is the dry season in Bali, but June to August (along with Christmas and New Year’s) is the peak season, so these times will be the busiest. For a good balance of sunny and dry weather, affordable prices and manageable crowds, April to June and September to October are the best times to visit.
Book a flight to Bali
Weather and prices:
Best time to visit Bali, weather-wise:
April to August is likely to be dry and sunny, making it perfect beach weather.
Cheapest time to visit Bali:
If you avoid common school breaks, you can often get great deals to Bali throughout the year. The cheapest deals we’ve seen (where flights can fall as low as about $450 each way) are often for January to April.
Best time to visit Bali for…
- Surfing: It depends on where you are. The surf on the west coast is better in the dry season (from May to September), but surfing on the east coast is better during the wet season (November to March). Check Bali Surf Travel Company for more details.
- Honeymoon: Avoid school breaks for a more peaceful honeymoon. We’d recommend April to June (excluding Easter) for great temperatures, quieter beaches and minimal rainfall.
- Beaches: For dry days and smaller crowds, try April to June or September to October.
- Diving: The best time for diving is usually in the shoulder months (between wet and dry seasons) of April and October.
- Tanah Lot: Avoid lines by visiting mid-January to mid-April or September to November, because this is the low season. Sunset is a popular time of day to visit, but try early morning for a less busy experience.
What about visiting in low season?
Low season can see heavy amounts of rain, and this could put a damper on your vacation. However, it’s not a terrible option if you’re looking to save some money and don’t mind rolling the dice with the weather. Here are some pros and cons of low season:
Bali travel deals:
Find out the best time to go to…
Ask an Expert