Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
When is the best time to visit Bali?
Discover the best times to visit Bali in light of the weather, hotel prices and activities.
Bali is a great place to visit year-round, with temperatures averaging 85° throughout the year. It is a popular family destination for travelers during school breaks, so June to August and December will be busier than the rest of the year — this is likely to mean higher prices.
We figured out the best times to visit tropical Bali based on a combination of all the important vacation factors.
Best times to visit Bali
You’ll find that the temperature in Bali is comfortably warm year round, but some months are much rainier — this is called low season — and crowded than others. The most ideal weather for a sunny vacation are between the months of April to June and September to October.
April to October is the dry season in Bali, but June to August (along with Christmas and New Year’s) is the peak season, so these times will be the busiest. For a good balance of sunny and dry weather, affordable prices and manageable crowds, April to June and September to October are the best times to visit.
Book a flight to Bali
Weather and prices:
Best time to visit Bali, weather-wise:
April to August is likely to be dry and sunny, making it perfect beach weather.
Cheapest time to visit Bali:
If you avoid common school breaks, you can often get great deals to Bali throughout the year. The cheapest deals we’ve seen (where flights can fall as low as about $450 each way) are often for January to April.
Best time to visit Bali for…
- Surfing: It depends on where you are. The surf on the west coast is better in the dry season (from May to September), but surfing on the east coast is better during the wet season (November to March). Check Bali Surf Travel Company for more details.
- Honeymoon: Avoid school breaks for a more peaceful honeymoon. We’d recommend April to June (excluding Easter) for great temperatures, quieter beaches and minimal rainfall.
- Beaches: For dry days and smaller crowds, try April to June or September to October.
- Diving: The best time for diving is usually in the shoulder months (between wet and dry seasons) of April and October.
- Tanah Lot: Avoid lines by visiting mid-January to mid-April or September to November, because this is the low season. Sunset is a popular time of day to visit, but try early morning for a less busy experience.
What about visiting in low season?
Low season can see heavy amounts of rain, and this could put a damper on your vacation. However, it’s not a terrible option if you’re looking to save some money and don’t mind rolling the dice with the weather. Here are some pros and cons of low season:
Bali travel deals:
Find out the best time to go to…
More guides on Finder
Best time to visit Yosemite National Park
Guide to Yosemite for first-time visitors, including accommodation, costs and things to do.
Best time to visit Yellowstone National Park
Guide to Yellowstone, including cost and transportation options.
Best time to visit Malaysia
Pinpoint the ideal dates based on your activities and itinerary destinations.
When’s the best time to travel to South America?
Time your adventure just right based on weather, price and crowds.
Best Florida cruise lines
This is how to cruise to The Sunshine State in 2020.
Cruises from Barcelona
Visit sun-soaked cities around the Mediterranean and beyond.
When is the best time for a river cruise in Europe?
Take a European river cruise during this month for lush landscapes and pleasant weather.
Best cruises to Tahiti
Make Tahiti your next island escape with these cruise lines for every type of traveler.
Best cruise lines to New Caledonia
Find out more about this cruise destination for global gastronomes, nature devotees and cultural connoisseurs.
When is the best time to visit Maldives?
When to visit Maldives based on temperature, rainfall and your preferred activities.
Ask an Expert