Are you looking for a personal loan with a competitive interest rate that you can apply for online?
Since Best Egg launched in 2014, more than 350,000 borrowers have taken out Best Egg personal loans, with the total amount in loans offered over $5 billion.
You can borrow $2,000 to $35,000 through a Best Egg loan. The term of the loan can be up to 5 years.
|Product Name||Best Egg Personal Loans|
|Min Loan Amount||$2,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$35,000|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Minimum Loan Term||3 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||5 years|
|Requirements||Must have a credit score of 640+, make at least $50,000 a year and be a US citizen or green card holder. Best Egg personal loans are not available in Iowa, Vermont, West Virginia, Puerto Rico or Guam.|
- Must have a credit score of 640+
- Make at least $25,000+ annually
- Be a US citizen or green card holder
- Must not reside in IA, WV, VT, PR, or GU
First, do I qualify?
To qualify for a personal loan from Best Egg, you must:
- Have a credit score of 640+.
- Make at least $25,000 a year.
- Be a US citizen or green card holder.
- Live in an eligible state.
- Best Egg personal loans are not available in Iowa, Vermont, West Virginia, Puerto Rico and Guam.
- Self-employed applicants will have a hard time qualifying with Best Egg. If you’re self-employed, compare other personal loan options.
How does borrowing from Best Egg work?
You apply for a Best Egg loan online. Soon after you apply, you’ll receive the status of your application. If approved, you get a loan contract that you need to review and sign. Once you accept the contract’s terms and conditions the approved funds transfers into your bank account automatically.
Unlike peer-to-peer lenders who have to wait for investors to fund your loan, Best Egg has investors who are ready to fund your loan immediately. This is why you can get the required money in your bank account in as little as one business day.
When you take a Best Egg personal loan you get different options for repayments, and you can make additional repayments towards your loan at anytime.
Best Egg personal loan features to compare
Here’s what you need to know about Best Egg personal loans:
- Use funds for different reasons. You can save money by getting a Best Egg loan to consolidate existing credit card debt. You can use proceeds from this loan for home improvement, business expenses, making major purchases, moving, traveling, or buying a vehicle.
- Minimum and maximum loan amount. Generally, you can borrow between $2,000 and $35,000, although the minimum can vary from state to state. Customers who’ve received an offer code in the mail might be able to qualify for a loan up to $50,000 provided that they make at least $150,000 annually.
- Interest. Best Egg loans come with annual percentage rates (APRs) from 5.99%–29.99%.
- Processing time. After you complete all the required paperwork and accept the loan contract you can potentially get your hands on the money within one business day.
- Repayment methods. You can sign up for electronic funds transfer at the time you apply (or later if you wish), or you can make one-time repayments online. The options to send checks and money grams via regular mail also exist. You can even make repayments through Western Union Quick Collect.
What to watch out for
- Not available in all states. Best Egg doesn’t operate in Iowa, Vermont, West Virginia, Puerto Rico or Guam
- Tougher requirements for best rates. Borrowers need a FICO score of at least 700 and a minimum annual income of $100,000 to qualify for the lowest APR.
- Fees. Best Egg loans charge loan origination fees ranging from 0.99% to 5.99%. Late and returned payments attract a penalty fee of $15. And if you don’t sign up for autopay, you’ll have to pay a $7 fee per repayment.
- Hard to apply if you’re self-employed. You could have trouble meeting Best Egg’s eligibility criteria if you work for yourself.
- Loan term. You only have two choices of loan terms: 3 years and 5 years.
What does the Internet say about Best Egg?
Mostly good things. It’s been accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2014, which gives it an A+ rating based on nearly 1,000 customer reviews. It gets a similarly positive rating of 9.5 out of 10 from over 1,000 Trustpilot reviewers, 88% of which rated it as excellent.
Customers loved how “quick,” “easy” and “simple” the application process was, though a handful had trouble accessing their online account or getting through to customer service. It gave personalized responses to comments on the BBB website, an indicator of good customer service.
Compare personal loans from top providers
Is it safe to apply?
Yes. You can easily access its website’s SSL verification certificate by clicking on the Secure GlobalSign icon at the bottom of the page. It states that all information sent to its site is encrypted and that GlobalSign has verified Best Egg’s physical location and legal existence— meaning that it’s legit.
It only shares your personal information for everyday business purposes like transferring your money and maintaining your account. It also might share information about your transactions and creditworthiness with affiliates for everyday business and marketing purposes, though you have to opt out of having your information shared for marketing.
Best Egg has served over 300,000 customers and funded over $5 billion in loans.
How to apply for a Best Egg loan
To apply for a Best Egg loan, click on the Go to site button on this page.
- Enter your email address and any offer codes you might have and click Check Your Rate.
- Fill out the required fields with information about how much you’d like to borrow and your personal information. Read and agree to the E-Sign Act Consent, the privacy notice and credit report authorization before clicking Continue.
- Complete the remaining fields and click Check my rates.
- You should be taken to a page displaying different offers you qualify for. Click View to learn more about each of them.
- If you’re satisfied with an offer, read it over carefully and all other documents before clicking Accept and Submit. You should be able to receive your funds in as little as one business day.
Step-by-step application with screenshots
- Have a credit score of 640 (660 is recommended).
- Earn $25,000 or more annually.
- Meet your state’s minimum age requirement — 18 in most states.
- Be an American citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a verifiable bank account.
- Live in a state other than IA, VT, WV, PR or GU.
Best Egg also considers your credit score and history, your debt-to-income ratio and other information you give in your loan application.
Completing the application successfully requires that you submit some basic information:
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your Social Security number and date of birth.
- A valid form of identification such as your driver’s license, passport or state-issued ID.
- Details about your employment status and annual income.
I got a loan from Best Egg. Now what?
You can repay your loan by setting up an electronic funds transfer with your account, through its website, by mail or even through western union. Electronic funds transfer comes with an autopay option, which tends to make repayment less of a hassle — one less thing to remember. If you don’t choose to use autopay, electronic funds transfers come with a $7 fee each timeAnd if you’re late on a payment, no matter which method you use, Best Egg charges a $15 fee.
My application was denied. What do I do?
First: Find out what went wrong with your application. Best Egg doesn’t have specific income, credit or debt-to-income requirements but it still considers them during your application process. Try to take steps to improve the areas where you fell short, whether it involves improving your credit score or paying off some debts first to improve your debt-to-income ratio.
You might want to also consider looking at other lenders before you apply for your loan. Continue looking online, but also consider credit unions, which tend to offer competitive rates and have less strict requirements than some other lenders.
*The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is the cost of credit as a yearly rate and ranges from 5.99%–29.99%, which may include an origination fee from 0.99%–5.99%. Any origination fee on a 5-year loan will be at least 4.99% and is deducted from loan proceeds. The APR offered will depend on your credit score, income, debt payment obligations, loan amount, loan term, credit usage history and other factors, and therefore may be higher than our lowest advertised rate. Requests for the highest loan amount may resulting an APR higher than our lowest advertised rate. You need a minimum 700 FICO® score and a minimum individual annual income of $100,000 to qualify for our lowest rate.
Best Egg loans are unsecured personal loans made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. “Best Egg” is a trademark of Marlette Funding LLC. All uses of “Best Egg” on this site mean and shall refer to “the Best Egg personal loan” and/or “Best Egg on behalf of Cross River Bank, as originator of the Best Egg personal loan,” as applicable. Loan amounts generally range from $2,000–$35,000. Offers up to $50,000 may be available for qualified customers who receive offer codes in the mail. The minimum individual annual income needed to qualify for a loan of $50,000 is $130,000. Borrowers may hold no more than two open Best Egg loans at any given time. In order to be eligible for a second Best Egg loan, your existing Best Egg loan must have been open for at least six months. Total existing Best Egg loan balances must not exceed $50,000. All loans in MA must exceed $6,000; in NM, OH must exceed $5,000; in GA must exceed $3,000.
Borrowers should refer to their loan agreement for specific terms and conditions. A loan example: a 5–year $10,000 loan with 9.99% APR has 60 scheduled monthly payments of $201.81, and a 3–year $5,000 loan with 5.99% APR has 36 scheduled monthly payments of $150.57. Your verifiable income must support your ability to repay your loan. Upon loan funding, the timing of available funds may vary depending upon your bank’s policies.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you.