We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Compare the best blenders
Blend away all the time you used to spend slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
Whether you’re an aspiring chef who wants to step up their cooking game or just someone who wants to make life that much easier at meal time, a blender could be the perfect solution.
Top food blenders
1. SMEG 50’s Retro Style 7-Cup Blender in Cream
SMEG products have a reputation for being high quality — it’s the go-to brand for most cooking shows, and consistently earns positive customer reviews. This adorable retro-style blender features a BPA-free die cast aluminum body and a max revolutions per minute of 18,000. Stylistically, this model would fit in well to any ’50s-style kitchen, with pastel coloring and a vintage design. The model has 800-watt power, four speeds and three preset programs — smoothie, ice crush and pulse — to make your cooking experience easier.
- Price: $250
2. Breville BBL910XL Boss Easy to Use Superblender
With five preset programs — pulse and ice crush, smoothie, frozen dessert, green smoothie and soup — and 12 speed options, Breville’s Boss Superblender is easily one of the most comprehensive and customizable blenders on the market. Its 2-liter BPA-free Tritan jug and die cast base make the model sturdy and durable. It has 2,200 watts of power with an LCD blacklit display and an auto-cleaning function to make life even easier.
- Price: $600
3. Vitamix A3500 Ascent Series Smart Blender
This high-tech blender is set apart from other models thanks to its capacity for Bluetooth integration and wireless connectivity. The model has five program settings — hot soup, smoothie, frozen dessert, cleaning and dips and spreads — and variable speed control, allowing you to create the ideal blend of speed and setting for your meal. It also features interlock technology, which prevents the machine from operating without having a secure lid.
- Price: $700
- Where to buy: Amazon
4. Ninja Smart Screen Blender DUO with FreshVac Technology
The Ninja Smart Screen Blender is a simple and easy model to operate with a 1,400 watt motor that can have you whipping up smoothies in no time. It features FreshVac technology, which seals in oxygen before blending so you get a smooth, silky texture with every blend. And your drinks stay fresh for up to eight hours after making them. This model comes with a 72-ounce pitcher, blending blade, two 20-ounce bottles with lids and a handy recipe book.
- Price: $150
5. Oster Blend-N-Go MyBlend Blender
If you’re looking for an affordable blender that’ll quickly and easily whip up a healthy smoothie to grab on the go, this Oster model is an excellent pick. With one-touch blending action, a 20-ounce capacity and BPA-free, dishwasher-safe Tritan sport bottle, this little blender is perfect for the health enthusiast on the run.
- Price: $20
What should I look for in a food blender?
- Capacity. If you have a big family or host regular dinner parties with lots of guests, you’ll want a blender with a larger capacity.
- Blades. A wider blade selection means you can do more with one kitchen appliance. However, if you’re less of a cook and do little more than some chopping, grating and blending, consider keeping your blade selection minimal to lower the cost.
- Warranties. Warranties are easily overlooked until the moment you really need them. Purchasing a reputable food processor from a trusted retailer will help to ensure that repairs and replacements are quick and easy.
- Dishwasher safe. Most food processors will have dishwasher-safe parts, but it’s an important point of convenience that’s worth double-checking.
- Controls. The majority food processors have three controls: on, off and pulse. For most people, this will be more than sufficient. But if you’re really active in the kitchen and want additional functions, look out for a model that allows you to choose from multiple speeds.
Blenders can be a handy tool to have around your kitchen, and because they typically take up a small amount of space, they can be useful to have even if you don’t use them every day. Compare a few of the most popular models in your size and price range to help find the perfect fit for all your blending needs.
How did we choose these products?
To create our list of the best blenders, we combined our own personal experiences with these products and independent online research. We compared features like the size, price, number of settings and extra features.
Frequently asked questions
Latest appliance deals and coupons
Popular House Appliances coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|22 Nov 2019||Free Hamilton Beach electric panini maker and grill when you spend $750 on ink and toner||NT4****|
|22 Nov 2019||Free Rachael Ray Red 6qt stockpot when you spend $350||QW7****|
|20 Nov 2019||20% off wolf gourmet small kitchen appliances||WOL****|
|22 Nov 2019||Up to 60% off chic home bedding collections||********|
|22 Nov 2019||All Christmas on sale 20% off||********|
Photo by Alison Marras on Unsplash
Ask an Expert