Bento for Business debit card review
Create spending rules, make virtual cards and send payments.Bento for Business is an online-only platform that lets you budget and manage company spending and expenses. Once you load funds to your Bento account you can make payments online, through the mobile app or a debit card.
Monthly maintenance fee
Signature transaction fee
PIN transaction fee
Rhys Subitch is a writer and editor at Finder who tackles topics across the site. With half a decade of experience researching, editing and writing for a Fortune 500 company, university and several independent publications, Rhys brings readers the most up-to-date and curated info on all things finance.
Your business may benefit from a Bento for Business account, regardless of size — just keep the monthly fee in mind if you go for more than a basic account.
The potential for unlimited cards creates a whole new level of control over your business’s finances, but it comes at a steep monthly cost. You’re also out of luck if you want to deposit cash to any of the cards directly.
On the other hand, if you only need a few cards and you’re looking for virtual and physical card options, it might have just what you need at a decent price.
How much does Bento for Business cost?
You can choose from four plans to fit your business size and spending needs. The total number of cards includes both virtual and physical cards you create.
|Plan||Price per month||Total number of cards|
|Starter||$0||Up to 2|
|Team||$29||Up to 10|
|Professional||$69||Up to 25|
How do I open a Bento for Business account?
You can apply for a Bento for Business account online and order cards once you’re approved.
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- From the Bento for Business website, click Free trial.
- Enter the requested information, including your name, your business’s name, your role, phone number and email address. Then select Enroll.
- Once your account is approved, you can order physical cards and create virtual ones through the website or mobile app.
To get an account with Bento for Business you must meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- US resident
- Verifiable business
You’ll need to supply the following information:
- Full name
- Business name
- Date of birth and Social Security number
- Physical address
- Email address and phone number
- Bank statement or utility bill to verify your address
- $10 minimum deposit
ProsBento for Business does not check your credit and offers several perks including:
- Free trial. Get 60 days of service and up to 50 cards for free from the time of your application approval.
- Up to two free cards. The lowest level plan offers two free cards with no monthly fee.
- Access levels and spending limits. Leaders, admins and employees can all have different levels of access to manage spending and make payments to vendors and contractors.
- Low opening deposit. Open your account with just $10.
- Minimal fees. There are no foreign transaction, overdraft and domestic withdrawal fees.
- Virtual options. You can create physical and virtual debit cards to use. Both count toward your maximum amount of cards.
If you decide to open a Bento for Business account, you’ll want to look out for the following:
- Plans can get pricey. The Enterprise plan option costs $149 a month, but it comes with unlimited cards.
- Expedited cards will cost. It won’t cost to get your card replaced with seven to 10-day shipping, but expedited card replacements cost $20 each.
- Bento transfer limit. Transfers made with Bento are limited to three a day.
- No ATM or mail deposits. You can’t deposit cash by ATM or mail in checks, money orders or cash.
Compare with other debit cards
You can use our guide to compare your prepaid card options and find the best fit for your business.
You can load your card with these methods:
- Direct deposit
- ACH transfer
- Wire transfer
- Bento Transfer from a Bento-sponsored website, the mobile app or SMS
How long will it take to get my card?
Once you’re approved for an account and order a physical card, it will take seven to 10 business days.
I got the card. Now what?
Now that you have your card, you can take advantage of the following features:
- Set up roles. Categorize your cards and set up leaders and admins to manage spending.
- Download the app. Turn cards off and on, adjust budgets, look up card information and more.
- Fund your account. Use electronic transfers to load your account.
- Make payments. Send payments online or swipe your card.