Belk Rewards Mastercard® review
Save up to 20% at this fashion retailer.
- Using this standard store card, you’ll get a discount and rewards on Belk and Belk.com purchases upon account opening. Belk stores are based in Texas, so cardholders outside the state will have to use the online store.
- Get this card if you’re a frequent Belk customer and want rewards on Belk purchases.
- Pick something else if you want a rewards card with flexible earning options.
- Apply with a fair credit score of 580 or higher.
Up to 3%
Purchase APR (fixed)
|Welcome Offer||$10 in Belk Reward dollars when you make a purchase the day you open your account|
|Rewards||3% cash back at Belk, 2% back on groceries and gas and 1% on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||25.49% fixed|
|Balance transfer APR||N/A|
|Recommended minimum credit score||580|
Steven Dashiell is a credit cards writer at Finder. He's worked on 250 Finder articles and counting, helping readers embrace and maximize credit cards. Backed by nearly a decade of research and reporting experience, Steve's work can be seen on Debt.com, CreditCards.com and Lifehacker.
Pretty standard stuff as far as store cards go, though the initial discount for opening your account offers some interesting opportunities for big savings. The biggest downside to this card is the brand and mediocre earning rate.
Belk isn’t exactly the largest retailer out there (my attempts at finding a local store seemed to place most of them in Texas). That means for most consumers, the only option to use this card will be through the Belk website.
How to apply for the Belk Rewards Mastercard®
You can apply for the Belk Rewards Mastercard® through the Belk website.
- Go to www.belk.com.
- Click on Belk rewards at the top of the page.
- Select Apply for a new card from the drop-down menu.
- Click Continue to Belk credit on the pop-up page.
- Fill out your personal information and click Continue.
What credit score do I need?
Like many store credit cards, you’re likely to qualify for this card with a fair credit score of 580 or higher.
Belk Rewards Mastercard® benefits
- Rewards. Earn 3% back on Belk and Belk.com purchases, 2% back on gas and groceries and 1% back on any other purchases you make.
- Signup bonus. You’ll enjoy up to 25% off purchases made the same day you open your account. You’ll also receive a $10 credit to your Belk card account.
- Intro APR period on balance transfers. Use a 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 12 months following your account opening. After that, a variable APR of 13.24% to 26.24% applies.
- Belk benefits. Belk Rewards cardholders can enjoy a variety of store perks when they use their card, including receipt-free returns, access to special sales events, bonus reward events and special savings days each month.
Belk Rewards Mastercard® drawbacks
- High APR. The Belk Rewards card carries a rather high fixed APR of 25.49%.
- Limited store availability. Belk store locations are few and far between. They are located only in Texas as of this writing.
Compare store credit cards
If this card isn’t right for you, compare other store credit cards. Choose a card that corresponds with stores where you make the most purchases and has a rewards rate and other perks you’ll need.
If you’re a diehard Belk fan, this rewards card can help you earn decent rewards on your purchases, with room for rewards growth depending on how much you spend at Belk. But the niche nature of this retailer and smaller earning rate compared to other big store cards leaves this credit card lacking.
Compare your store credit card options to find one that best fits your spending needs.