Purchase your next home or refinance your current one through a financing option that suits your specific needs.
BBVA Compass Bank is among the top 25 largest commercial banks in the US, offering a full range of banking services through nearly 700 branches. It offers the ability for you to prequalify for a mortgage or submit a request online to learn more about its many home financing options.
|Description||BBVA is among the 25 largest banks in the US but they are only licensed to offer mortgages in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas.|
|Loan types||Purchase, Refinance, Jumbo, Home Equity, Fixed, Adjustable, FHA, VA, USDA|
|Minimum down payment|
- Finance up to 100% of your home's value through special programs.
- Excellent service.
- Limited states served.
Do I qualify for a loan with BBVA Compass?
To be eligible for a home loan with BBVA, you’ll need to be at least 18 years old with a minimum personal credit score of 620.
You must also reside in one of the twenty-one states in which BBVA Compass offers loans: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia or Washington.
What can I expect with BBVA Compass?
- Maximum loans. While it doesn’t state the maximum loan amount available on its site, BBVA does offer jumbo loans that start at $453,100 and typically top out at $3 million.
- Interest-only payments. BBVA offers variable-rate mortgages with interest-only payments for more a more flexible payment schedule.
- Automatic payments. Set up auto debit for your BBVA Compass mortgage to ensure you never miss a payment.
Pros and cons
- Big-name institution. BBVA Compass is among the 25 largest banks in the US with operations well outside its Sunbelt headquarters.
- Many types of mortgages. You could qualify for an ARM, jumbo loan, FHA loans and other options to fit your needs.
- Home Ownership Made Easy program. Introduced in 2015, HOME allows qualifying borrowers to finance up to 100% of a home’s value, with BBVA Compass contributing money toward closing costs.
- Flexible service. If you find yourself unable to pay your mortgage, call a client specialist to work out an alternative until you’re back on your feet.
- Limited services. If you don’t live in one of the twenty-one states BBVA Compass serves, you’ll need to seek financing elsewhere.
- Minimum personal credit score of 620
- Reside in: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia or Washington
- Your full name and personal contact information
- Your Social Security number
- Pay stubs from the past 30 days
- W2s and 1099s from the past two years
- Personal tax returns from the past two years
- Profit and loss statements (if self-employed)
- A list of your assets, including savings, real estate, car titles and other investment records
- A complete list of your debts, including student loans, auto loans, personal loans and credit cards
Compare to other lenders
I got a BBVA Compass mortgage. Now what?
Once you’ve attained your BBVA home financing, keep on top of your payments to avoid unnecessary penalties — especially for ARMs, which adjust to a higher APR after an intro period.
- Set up autopay. Avoid late payment fees and penalties by setting up automatic withdrawals from a BBVA Compass bank account.
- Customer service. Call BBVA Compass loan support at 800-239-1996, send a secure form or request for customer service contact you online. Connect on Facebook @BBVACompass or on Twitter @BBVACompass.
BBVA Compass offers home financing options to suit most any need if you’re located in one of the seven states it services. Choosing to buy a home can be the biggest financial decision most of us will ever make. Be sure to explore all of your options on how to find the best home mortgage for you.