A platinum credit card that doesn’t charge annual fees or foreign transaction fees
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.The Barclaycard Ring Mastercard charges the same low rate on purchases, cash advances and balance transfers. Cardholders won’t pay ongoing annual fees or even foreign transaction fees when you use your card overseas.
Through the Giveback program, a profit sharing feature, cardholders stand to receive rewards from time to time.
|Product Name||Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard®|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||10.49% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||10.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||10.49% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 23 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$27|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Good (700-739)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$27|
|Late Payment Fee||$27|
|Cash Advance Fee||$3 for each cash advance|
Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® Review
If you’re looking for a no-frills low rate card, this Barclaycard is worth considering. It charges a low ongoing APR that applies on all transactions, including balance transfers. And you won’t pay ongoing annual fees, which can lead to further savings.
If you travel overseas, this card also offers no foreign transaction fees. Also, you can avoid interest on purchases by paying your account’s closing balance in full each month.
Getting the Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® comes with multiple benefits. Here’s what you can look forward to as a cardholder:
- No annual fee. Reap the rewards of Ring without paying a fee each year.
- Low APR. This platinum credit card charges a variable APR of 10.24%, which applies to purchases, balance transfers and cash advances alike. This low APR can lead to noticeable savings in the long run.
- No-fee balance transfers. If you’re paying higher interest on outstanding balances with other cards, consider transferring those balances to Ring. Plus, pay no fee for your balance transfers, which is almost unheard of for similar cards.
- No foreign transaction fees. Using this card when you’re travelling overseas or when you shop through international websites can lead to savings. This is simply because you don’t have to pay any foreign transaction fees.
- Free FICO Credit Score. Monitor your score at any time online for free. And sign up for alerts to learn when your score changes.
The nuts and bolts
In terms of features, here’s what you can expect from the Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard®:
- Annual fee. This Mastercard credit card does not charge an ongoing annual fee.
- Foreign transaction fees. You won’t pay transaction fees when you use this platinum card overseas. However, you may pay ATM fees and currency conversion fees.
- Interest-free days. The due date of your account is at least 23 days after each billing cycle’s end. If you pay your closing balance in full by the due date, you can avoid paying interest on your purchases.
- Cash advance fee. You will be charged $3 for each cash advance. Withdrawing money from ATMs counts as cash advances, and so do instances of using your card to purchase foreign currency, traveler’s checks, money orders, gambling chips and lottery tickets.
- Late and returned payment fees. You may have to pay up to $27.00 for late and returned payments depending on where you live.
- Giveback program. This profit-sharing initiative helps cardholders earn periodic rewards, and an online program doesn’t require you to log in to collect them.
- Vote on features. All cardholders are part of the Barclaycard Ring community, where you can vote on features you’d like to see in the future.
- Card security. An embedded microchip offers more protection against fraud here and abroad when compared with cards that rely on magnetic strips only.
How to apply for the Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard®
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Applying for this card is easy. But before you do, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You’re a US citizen or permanent resident.
- You have an excellent credit rating.
- You aren’t a resident of Iowa.
Completing the application successfully requires you to provide different information that includes:
- Your name, residential status, and time spent at your current address.
- Your phone number and email address.
- Your occupation and income details.
- Your date of birth, Social Security number and mother’s maiden name
- For balance transfers, relevant credit card numbers along with corresponding balance transfer amounts.
Considering the Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® could be a good idea if you aren’t looking for too many features but want a low APR. But this isn’t the only card of its kind, so compare a few additional options before deciding.Back to top
Frequently asked questions
These are some of the most frequently asked questions about Barclaycard credit cards. If you still have questions about Barclaycard credit cards, please get in touch with us.