Review: Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard
Compare other rewards credit cards
Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard Review
Most credit cards that offer rewards charge ongoing annual fees. But with the Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard, you can earn reward miles without the extra cost. Earn miles twice as fast when you spend money on travel and dining, and 20,000 bonus miles by meeting simple criteria. The 0% APR balance transfer offer this card provides can lead to noticeable interest savings. You can also benefit from complimentary insurance when traveling.
Benefits of Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard
- Earn and redeem miles. Every dollar you spend toward travel and dining expenses earns 2 reward miles, and every dollar spent on all other purchases earns 1 reward miles. You can earn 20,000 bonus miles after spending at least $1,000 using your card in the first 90 days. If you use your card to make a travel purchase, redeem your miles as statement credits that can be used to repay your travel costs within 120 days.
- Balance transfers. You can consolidate your debt with a 0% APR for the first months without having to pay a balance transfer fee.
- Complimentary travel and rental insurance. Cardholders can make use of complimentary worldwide automatic travel accident insurance, trip cancellation and interruption insurance and reimbursement for expenses in cases of delayed baggage.
- Mastercard benefits. Cardholders get access to the Mastercard Global Service program that offers around-the-clock emergency assistance.
- Complimentary FICO credit score. All Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard cardholders can access their FICO credit scores for free online.
Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard Features
- Annual fees. Pay no ongoing annual fees with this credit card.
- Balance transfer offer. Transfer balances from existing cards and receive a promotional 0% APR for the first months. This rate applies on balance transfers made within the first days. At the end of the introductory period, the variable APR adjusts to 17.74%, 21.74% or 24.74% Variable for all outstanding balances. These variable APRs are subject to change as per prevalent prime rates.
- Reward miles. Reward miles you accrue don’t expire as long as your account remains active and in good standing. Plus there is no cap on the maximum number of miles you can earn.
- Interest-free days. You don’t have to pay any interest on purchases if you pay your account’s closing balance in full before each due date. You get at least 23 days between the end of a billing cycle and the following due date to pay your balance.
- Complimentary insurance. When traveling, cardholders can make use of complimentary insurance for different situations.
- Foreign transaction fees. When you use this card outside the US, you don’t have to pay a foreign transaction fee.
- Card security. This microchip-enabled credit card offers enhanced protection against fraudulent use. A $0 fraud liability on unauthorized transactions provides extra peace of mind.
How to apply for the Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You have an excellent credit rating.
- You’re a permanent resident of the US.
- Your complete name, residential status, residential address and time spent at current address.
- Your date of birth and Social Security number.
- Your phone number and email address.
- Your employment and income details.