We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Compare Bank of America cashback credit cards
Earn cash back and support a cause, show your US pride or flaunt your favorite baseball team.
Bank of America offers five cashback credit cards that all offer the same cashback rate on gas, groceries and at wholesale clubs. It also offers signup bonuses and intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases on all cards.
Depending on the card you pick, you can support a worthy cause, show your patriotism or your love for one of the Major League Baseball teams.
Bank of America cashback credit cards
Outside of their premium offering, Bank of America’s cashback cards are fairly similar when it comes to earning rates. The main difference between these cards will come down to your aesthetic preferences and what organization you’d like to support.
Bank of America Cash Rewards. This cashback card earns up to 3% cash back in the category of your choosing and 2% back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs on up to $2,500 in purchases each quarter, then 1% back after that. You’ll also earn 1% back on all other purchases. This card also comes with a signup bonus of $200 after you spend $1,000 in purchases within your first 90 days of account opening.
Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa. This card functions the same as the Bank of America Cash Rewards card. By choosing this card, Bank of America will give monetary contributions to the cancer-fighting organization as you continue to use your card.
MLB Credit Cards. This card also functions the same as the Bank of America Cash Rewards. However, you do get to choose which baseball team logo is slapped on the front of your card.
WWF Credit Card. Again, this card functions identically to the cards above. However, Bank of America will give monetary contributions to the World Wildlife Fund as you use your card (and you get a rad tiger as card art).
US Pride credit card. This card functions identically to the cards above. Bank of America doesn’t contribute to any organizations when you use this card, but you do get a picture of an American bald eagle on your card. Not quite as cool as the tiger, arguably.
Bank of America Premium Rewards. This card is Bank of America’s travel rewards card. You can earn 2x points dining and travel purchases and 1x points on everything else with no limit. Unlike the other cashback cards above, you can earn up to 50,000 points with this card’s welcome offer after you spend $3,000 within your first 90 days of account opening. That’s a solid $500 value. On top of that, this card also offers up to $200 in airline incidental and TSA PreCheck or Global Entry credits. The tradeoff, however, is the card’s $95 annual fee.
Bank of America cashback cards perks
- Cash back. Earn accelerated cash back on gas and at grocery stores and wholesale clubs.
- Signup bonus. Bank of America cashback cards tend to have easy-to-earn signup bonuses.
- Intro APR period. Enjoy an intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers.
- Cashback bonus. Redeem your cash back into a Bank of America checking or savings account and get a 10% bonus. Also, if you’re a Bank of America Preferred Rewards client, you could see a bonus of 25% and 75%.
What to watch out for
- Foreign transaction fee. All purchases made outside the US have a foreign transaction fee with these cards. If you’re not careful, these fees can quickly add up during a trip.
- Penalty APR. One late payment is enough to saddle you with a penalty APR, which lasts indefinitely.
- Balance transfer limits. You only get the intro APR period for balance transfers made within a specific time.
How to choose a Bank of America cashback credit card
Admittedly, your options are somewhat few when it comes to choosing a BoA cashback card. Since a majority of these cards have the same basic features and cashback rates, when choosing a card, ask yourself:
- Do you want a travel rewards card? The Bank of America Premium Rewards will be your go to option for cashback on travel since, well, its your only option. It is however a solid travel card with a strong signup bonus and a few handy travel perks.
- Do you want to support Susan G. Komen? With the Susan G. Komen® Cash Rewards Visa®, Bank of America contributes $3 and 0.08% of the amount you spend during your first 90 days of card membership to the Susan G. Komen foundation. Plus, an additional $3 when you renew your card.
- Do you want to help the World Wildlife Fund? The World Wildlife Fund Credit Card donates $3 to the Fund on each card anniversary and 0.08% of all net retail purchases you make with the card.
- Do you want to have your favorite baseball team on your card? You can choose a card design with the logo of any of the Major League Baseball’s 30 teams with the MLB® Credit Card.
- Do you want to show your American pride? Show your patriotism with the U.S. Pride® BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa® Card and its imagery of a bald eagle and a US flag.
Compare cashback credit cards
See offers for cards from other brands
CardMatch™ from creditcards.comRead more
Bank of America cashback credit cards are a solid option if you spend around $850 per month on gas, groceries and at wholesale clubs. Spending as much earns the highest amount of cash back. You also get a solid signup bonus and a long intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases.
But, if you’re not certain whether any of these cards would be a great option for you, compare other cashback credit cards until you find the best card.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert