Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compare Umpqua Bank products: Savings and Checking
Find a full range of personal and business banking products, but only for West Coast residents.
Updated . What changed?
What banking products does Umpqua Bank offer?
Personal bankingUmpqua Bank’s personal banking products come with a number of perks but are limited to residents of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California and Nevada.
- Umpqua Grow Savings. Umpqua Bank’s savings account offers unlimited deposits and withdrawals with a $3 monthly fee.
- Umpqua Embark Checking. Enjoy no monthly fees, no balance requirement and up to $10 in monthly ATM fee rebates with this checking account.
- Umpqua Access Checking. This top-tier account comes with one free incoming wire transfer a month alongside four ATM fee rebates and three complimentary Umpqua Bank savings accounts.
- Umpqua Attain Checking. A $200 minimum opening deposit and $20 monthly fee is required, but you’ll get free checks, incoming wire transfers and account statements with this account.
- Thrive Money Market. With this money market, you’ll receive up to six free withdrawals and transfers a month with the option to waive the $10 monthly fee with a minimum daily balance of at least $1,000.
- Prosper Money Market. With a minimum opening deposit of at least $100, you’ll get an ATM card, 50 free check deposits a month and the option to waive the $15 monthly fee with a minimum daily balance of at least $10,000.
Small business banking services
- Community Business Checking. With an opening deposit of at least $100 and a monthly account fee of $10, receive up to 200 free checks a month and deposit up to $10,000 each month free of charge.
- Marketplace Checking. A $25 monthly fee and opening deposit of $100 will get you 500 free checks a month and $150 off your first order of checks and supplies through Harland Clarke.
- Business Analyzed Checking. An opening deposit of at least $100 is needed for Umpqua Bank’s top-tier business checking account, which offers earnings credit allowance to offset the $18 monthly fee.
- Community Business Savings. Comes with six free monthly withdrawals and a $3 monthly maintenance fee that can be waived if a daily balance of at least $200 is maintained.
- Main Street Money Market. With a minimum opening deposit of $100, enjoy ATM access, up to $10,000 of free cash deposits monthly and the option to waive the $10 monthly maintenance fee if a daily balance of at least $2,500 is maintained.
- Marketplace Money Market. You won’t pay a fee on your first 50 checks and $10,000 in cash deposits each month, and you can waive the $15 monthly fee if a daily balance of $25,000 is maintained.
- Credit cards. Umpqua Bank has a number of different personal credit cards to choose from, including Visa Platinum, Visa Real Rewards, Cash Rewards American Express and Premier Rewards American Express.
- Business credit cards. If you’re looking for a business credit card, Umpqua Bank offers Visa Business Platinum, Visa Business Cash, Visa Business Real Rewards and Visa Business Rewards PLUS.
- Loans. If you’re looking to finance your next home or personal project, Umpqua Bank offers fixed and adjustable-rate mortgages, home equity lines of credit, personal loans, personal lines of credit and auto loans.
- Business loans. For small businesses seeking capital, Umpqua Bank offers business term loans, SBA loans, real estate loans, business lines of credit, equipment financing and vehicle financing.
How does Umpqua Bank compare to other banks or services?Umpqua Bank isn’t one of the nation’s heavyweight financial institutions. In fact, it doesn’t even crack the list of the top 50 bank holding companies by deposits in the US.
Big names like JP Morgan, Bank of America and Wells Fargo hold the top spots with over $1 billion in customer deposits apiece and thousands of nationwide bank branches. But West Coast provider Umpqua Bank suggests on its website that its small-town roots help keep it grounded and people-oriented.
- Reward programs. Umpqua Bank offers reward point programs and cash back programs on its Visa and American Express cards.
- ATM rebates. All of Umpqua Bank’s checking accounts come with at least one ATM rebate a month for non-network ATMs.
- Complimentary savings. Umpqua Bank‘s checking accounts automatically qualify you for complimentary savings and money market accounts.
- Monthly fees. The Embark checking account doesn’t have a monthly fee when you enroll in paper statements, but you’ll pay a $5 or $20 fee for the other accounts unless you can meet the minimum balance or account activity requirements.
- ATM card. Most savings accounts don’t come with ATM cards, but this one does. Withdraw cash on the go any time you need it.
- Low opening deposits. All you need is $25 to open the Grow Savings account and $100 to open Umpqua’s money market accounts, which is lower than normal.
- Lack of transparency. Umpqua Bank doesn’t post its interest rates for its savings accounts online which means you’ll need to call customer service for your potential rate.
- Monthly fees. Although there are ways to waive them, you’ll pay $3, $10 or $15 a month to maintain a savings or money market account with Umpqua. Most banks offer savings accounts for free.
- Customer service. Umpqua Bank‘s customer service is available by phone and email seven days a week.
- Several account options. Although Umpqua Bank doesn’t have CDs, you’ll find a wide range of checking and savings accounts for individuals and businesses.
- Limited availability. Umpqua Bank accounts are only available to residents of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California and Nevada.
- No CDs. Umpqua Bank doesn’t offer any CDs, so you won’t be able to lock in any high interest rates.
How can I reach out to Umpqua Bank customer service?
There are several ways to get in touch with an Umpqua Bank customer service representative:
- Live chat weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT and weekends from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT
- Call 866-486-7782 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT and weekends from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT
- Visit a local branch
- Fill out the help request form on its website
Umpqua Bank ratings, reviews and complaintsUmpqua Bank is not an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB gives Umpqua Bank a D- rating due to its failure to respond to four official complaints.
A majority of complaints on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau against Umpqua Bank were about its home loans, although a number of customers also complained about issues with automated bill payments and checking accounts being closed due to inactivity.Umpqua Bank is insured by the FDIC, from which it receives a Satisfactory CRA rating.
Compare Umpqua Bank to the competition
Use this table to see how Umpqua Bank accounts compares to other institutions.
As is the case with any financial provider, an account with Umpqua Bank has its benefits and drawbacks. Take advantage of bill pay, mobile banking and rewards programs but be on the lookout for ATM fees and its limited availability.
Common questions about Umpqua Bank
More guides on Finder
Best student loan refinancing offers for bad credit
Keep in mind you’ll likely need a cosigner to qualify.
Umpqua Prosper Money Market account review
With a $100 minimum opening deposit, you’ll get unlimited withdrawals and transfers, mobile banking and tiered interest rates.
Umpqua Thrive Money Market account review
You’ll get ATM access, mobile banking and 50 free check deposits, but interest rates are ambiguous.
Umpqua Grow Savings account review
You get the convenience of mobile banking and ATM access — but it’s hard to nail down interest rates.
Umpqua Bank personal loans review
Borrow between $1,000 and $100,000 — but only for residents of the Pacific Northwest.
Umpqua Attain Checking account review
Enjoy free checks and incoming wire transfers, but be ready with a $200 minimum opening deposit.
Umpqua Access Checking account review
Its ATM rebates and free wire transfers are appealing, but additional fees could chip at your funds.
Umpqua Embark Checking account review
No maintenance fees and a complimentary savings account come standard, but it’s limited to the West Coast.
Ask an Expert