Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Explore Greenwood Bank’s suite of accounts
This bank, backed by rapper Killer Mike, has attracted a lot of attention, but it hasn’t launched yet.
What we know so far
When Greenwood Bank officially launches later this year, it will offer spending and savings accounts for individuals. Few details about the accounts are available at this time, but here’s what we do know.
- Greenwood Bank accounts will not require a minimum initial deposit.
- It will support Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Customers will be able to conduct peer-to-peer transfers.
- If your employer pays you through a direct deposit, you can receive your paycheck up to two days early.
- The mobile app will support mobile check deposits.
- The bank pledges not to charge any hidden fees.
- Greenwood Bank will have a global ATM network.
- Business accounts will be available at some point but not at the initial launch.
Compare Greenwood Bank with other bank accounts
Greenwood Bank customer service
You can contact Greenwood Bank’s customer support in three ways.
- Fill out the contact form on the bank’s website
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a tweet to @bankgreenwood
Bottom lineGreenwood Bank may be an excellent choice for anyone looking for a digital bank with no hidden fees and no minimum initial deposit. Unfortunately, few details about Greenwood’s accounts are currently available. If you want to open an account, you can join Greenwood Bank’s waiting list today or explore other Black-owned banks.
More guides on Finder
Netspend Liberty Tax Prepaid Mastercard review
The Netspend Liberty Tax Prepaid Mastercard lets you receive your refund without a bank account.
Unifimoney account review
Unifimoney lets you spend, save and invest, but it’s only free for high-income individuals.
CIT eChecking account review
CIT’s eChecking account offers more interest than most physical banks, but it can’t compete online.
Honeyfi lets you and your partner track your shared accounts and expenses — for a monthly fee.
Bank5 Connect High-Interest Checking account review
The Bank5 Connect High Interest Checking account has a solid APY, but you’ll need to meet the minimum balance to earn interest.
BankPurely CheckingPurely account review
BankPurely plants a tree for every new account.
First Internet Bank Interest Checking account review
First Internet Bank is an online-only bank with flexible access to your money.
How to avoid Bank of America account fees
Bank of America charges various account fees, but you can avoid many of them.
Group One Platinum Credit Card review
A store card you can only use at the Horizon Outlet online store.
Principal Platinum Card review
A store card you can use exclusively at the Horizon Outlet online store.
Ask an Expert