We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Explore Connexus Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts
Access personal and business banking and lending products through this credit union.
What banking products does Connexus Credit Union offer?
Why should I open an account at Connexus Credit Union?Connexus Credit Union has much to offer individuals and small business owners alike:
- Member-owned. As a member-owned financial cooperative, Connexus Credit Union returns profits to members through high-yield accounts and competitive interest rates.
- Large product suite. Connexus Credit Union has a number of accounts, credit cards and lending products for both consumers and small businesses alike.
- Interest-bearing checking.The Connexus Xtraordinary Checking offers 1.75% APY — a generous rate for a checking account.
- Rewards programs. Many of Connexus’ consumer and business credit cards earn rewards points and have no annual fees.
What should I look out for?
Before you open an account, consider the following:
- Limited account availability. Connexus Credit Union accounts and lending products are only available to Connexus members.
- Limited branch network. Seeking in-person support? Connexus is only located in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio and New Hampshire.
- Low savings rates. While there are optimal rates within the Connexus product suite, its savings account rate of 0.25% APY is unimpressive.
How do I become a Connexus Credit Union member?
You can become a member of the Connexus Credit Union online by making a one-time non-refundable $5 donation, opening a Connexus Regular Savings account with a minimum opening deposit of $5 and providing your Social Security number, date of birth and government-issued ID with proof of current address.
Compare with leading bank and credit union accounts
Connexus Credit Union customer service
Touch base with Connexus customer service in five ways:
- Phone. Call 800-845-5025 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Thursday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., CST.
- Email. Fill out a secure online form on the Connexus website for an email response within one to two business days.
- Live chat. Chat with a member of Connexus’ customer service on its website weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST.
- Mail. Send a letter to Connexus at PO Box 8026, Wausau, WI 54402-8026 to receive a response from customer service within one to two weeks.
- In person. Visit your local branch to speak with a representative.
Bottom lineConnexus Credit Union offers a full suite of accounts and lending products. While its products are limited to members, it offers competitive rates, rewards programs and comprehensive customer service. But its branches are limited to four states.
Not ready to become a Connexus member? Review your banking options with other providers to find a bank that’s right for you.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Explore Community First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Community First Credit Union offers big-bank account features to a limited Northeast Florida membership.
Compare CD vs. savings account Compare pros, cons, interest rates, features, fees and more.
Compare CD vs. bond Explore the differences between CDs and bonds to learn which is right for you.
Explore Mutual of Omaha Bank’s suite of accounts Full line of banking and investing options, but limited physical locations
Explore Commerce Bank’s suite of bank accounts Explore this regional bank’s pros, cons and account options.
Explore Golden 1 Credit Unions suite of bank accounts Features a comprehensive list of checking and savings accounts to California residents.
Explore Alaska USA Federal Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers 24/7 customer support and a suite of accounts to four states.
Explore KeyBank’s suite of bank accounts This regional bank offers 20+ checking and savings accounts in 15 states.
Explore America First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers high APYs and plenty of variety, but it only services five states.
Explore Delta Community Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Features free accounts and 24/7 phone support for metro Atlanta and Delta employees.