Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Community First Credit Union banking products: Savings, Checking, and CDs
Offers all the features and flaws of a hometown bank.
Am I eligible?
To become a Community First Credit Union member you’ll need to open a Share Savings account with a minimum deposit of $5 and live, work or attend school in one of the following Florida counties:
- Indian River
- Palm Beach
- St. Johns
- St. Lucie
Membership is also open to:
- Any relative of an existing or eligible member
- Employees of Brooks Rehabilitation
- Employees of Miller Electric Company
- Employees of Web.com
What banking products does the Community First Credit Union offer?
Why should I open an account at Community First Credit Union?
Community First offers online and mobile banking as well as other member benefits:
- Minimal fees. Most accounts offer no maintenance fees or minimum balance requirements.
- Financial Wellness Program. Community First’s moveUP program provides educational information and tools to grow your finances and meet your goals.
- Rewards. In addition to its uChoose Rewards Program on everyday shopping, Community First teamed up with Sprint and TurboTax to offer credit union members discounts.
- Community outreach. Community First gives back to the community by partnering with local community projects, sponsoring programs and events and granting scholarships to community teens who want to attend a Florida university.
What should I look out for?
Despite all of the services offered, Community First has a few drawbacks:
- Limited customer service hours. While most banks have a 24-hour customer support line, Community First’s call center is only open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST) on weekends.
- Limited branch access. Community First isn’t part of a shared-branch network with other credit unions and its branches are located in Jacksonville.
Compare Community First Credit Union to the competition
Community First Credit Union customer service
You can reach Community First in the following ways:
- Email email@example.com.
- Call 904-354-8537 or its toll free number 800-342-8416 during business hours.
- Call 904-371-8000 using Info 24, a 24-hour information only call line.
- Send mail to P.O. Box 2600, Jacksonville, FL 32232.
Branch location hours include:
- Branch Lobby hours: Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), with the exception of the Downtown and UNF branches, which are closed on Saturday.
- Branch Drive-thru hours: Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).
Community First excels at extras like their community partnerships and rewards programs, but if you’re looking for a credit union with 24-hour customer support and a better branch network, compare your options before applying for an account.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Nationwide Direct Checking account review
Get free online banking if you use direct deposit, but with debit card transaction limits.
Citizens Access Bank CD review
Make a penalty-free CD withdrawal before maturity with Citizens Access Bank.
Communitywide Federal Credit Union CD review
A membership with the CommunityWide Federal Credit Union gives you access to high interest CDs.
BECU Early Saver Youth Account review
Kids earn a jaw-dropping 4.07% APY on the first $500 in their account.
Golden 1 Youth Savings Account review
A basic kids’ account with no monthly fees and a $1 deposit, but the APY is low.
Lili digital bank review
A digital bank account for freelancers that sets money aside for taxes.
Prime Alliance Bank CD review
Prime Alliance Bank offers low early withdrawal penalties and daily interest.
First Internet Bank CD review
First internet Bank CDs offer competitive rates for short- and long-term investments.
SoFi Money review
The SoFi Money account is a checking and savings account rolled into one. It features 0.10% APY, $1.5 million in FDIC-insurance and ATM reimbursements.
Netspend Savings account review
Earns 5% APY on balances up to $1,000 — but only if you have a Netspend Card account.