Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Community First Credit Union banking products: Savings, Checking, and CDs
Offers all the features and flaws of a hometown bank.
Am I eligible?
To become a Community First Credit Union member you’ll need to open a Share Savings account with a minimum deposit of $5 and live, work or attend school in one of the following Florida counties:
- Indian River
- Palm Beach
- St. Johns
- St. Lucie
Membership is also open to:
- Any relative of an existing or eligible member
- Employees of Brooks Rehabilitation
- Employees of Miller Electric Company
- Employees of Web.com
What banking products does the Community First Credit Union offer?
Why should I open an account at Community First Credit Union?
Community First offers online and mobile banking as well as other member benefits:
- Minimal fees. Most accounts offer no maintenance fees or minimum balance requirements.
- Financial Wellness Program. Community First’s moveUP program provides educational information and tools to grow your finances and meet your goals.
- Rewards. In addition to its uChoose Rewards Program on everyday shopping, Community First teamed up with Sprint and TurboTax to offer credit union members discounts.
- Community outreach. Community First gives back to the community by partnering with local community projects, sponsoring programs and events and granting scholarships to community teens who want to attend a Florida university.
What should I look out for?
Despite all of the services offered, Community First has a few drawbacks:
- Limited customer service hours. While most banks have a 24-hour customer support line, Community First’s call center is only open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST) on weekends.
- Limited branch access. Community First isn’t part of a shared-branch network with other credit unions and its branches are located in Jacksonville.
Compare Community First Credit Union to the competition
Community First Credit Union customer service
You can reach Community First in the following ways:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 904-354-8537 or its toll free number 800-342-8416 during business hours.
- Call 904-371-8000 using Info 24, a 24-hour information only call line.
- Send mail to P.O. Box 2600, Jacksonville, FL 32232.
Branch location hours include:
- Branch Lobby hours: Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), with the exception of the Downtown and UNF branches, which are closed on Saturday.
- Branch Drive-thru hours: Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).
Community First excels at extras like their community partnerships and rewards programs, but if you’re looking for a credit union with 24-hour customer support and a better branch network, compare your options before applying for an account.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Best banks and credit unions in Texas Explore our top five picks for best banks in the Lone Star State.
Best banks and credit unions in New York Check out the five best places to store your money in the Empire State.
Stimulus check: How much you'll get and when 7 tips on smart ways you can think about using your stimulus check. Description on our main page that summarizes what the article is about.
Best banks and credit unions in California We’ve rounded up the best five places to store your money as a California resident.
What is an ACH transfer? What to expect when you transfer money to a bank account through an ACH transfer
Aspiration banking products: Savings, Checking, and CDs Aspiration Bank gives you control over your monthly fees with 1% APY on savings.
Compare CD vs. savings account Compare pros, cons, interest rates, features, fees and more.
Compare CD vs. bond Explore the differences between CDs and bonds to learn which is right for you.
Mutual of Omaha Bank products: Savings, Checking, and CDs Full line of banking and investing options, but limited physical locations
Compare Commerce Bank products: Savings, Checking, and CDs Explore this regional bank’s pros, cons and account options.