Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Community First Credit Union banking products: Savings, Checking, and CDs
Offers all the features and flaws of a hometown bank.
Am I eligible?
To become a Community First Credit Union member you’ll need to open a Share Savings account with a minimum deposit of $5 and live, work or attend school in one of the following Florida counties:
- Indian River
- Palm Beach
- St. Johns
- St. Lucie
Membership is also open to:
- Any relative of an existing or eligible member
- Employees of Brooks Rehabilitation
- Employees of Miller Electric Company
- Employees of Web.com
What banking products does the Community First Credit Union offer?
Why should I open an account at Community First Credit Union?
Community First offers online and mobile banking as well as other member benefits:
- Minimal fees. Most accounts offer no maintenance fees or minimum balance requirements.
- Financial Wellness Program. Community First’s moveUP program provides educational information and tools to grow your finances and meet your goals.
- Rewards. In addition to its uChoose Rewards Program on everyday shopping, Community First teamed up with Sprint and TurboTax to offer credit union members discounts.
- Community outreach. Community First gives back to the community by partnering with local community projects, sponsoring programs and events and granting scholarships to community teens who want to attend a Florida university.
What should I look out for?
Despite all of the services offered, Community First has a few drawbacks:
- Limited customer service hours. While most banks have a 24-hour customer support line, Community First’s call center is only open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST) on weekends.
- Limited branch access. Community First isn’t part of a shared-branch network with other credit unions and its branches are located in Jacksonville.
Compare Community First Credit Union to the competition
Community First Credit Union customer service
You can reach Community First in the following ways:
- Email email@example.com.
- Call 904-354-8537 or its toll free number 800-342-8416 during business hours.
- Call 904-371-8000 using Info 24, a 24-hour information only call line.
- Send mail to P.O. Box 2600, Jacksonville, FL 32232.
Branch location hours include:
- Branch Lobby hours: Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), with the exception of the Downtown and UNF branches, which are closed on Saturday.
- Branch Drive-thru hours: Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).
Community First excels at extras like their community partnerships and rewards programs, but if you’re looking for a credit union with 24-hour customer support and a better branch network, compare your options before applying for an account.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Northpointe Bank Kid’s Savings review
Northpointe Bank’s Kids Savings account earns an unmatched interest rate on balances above $1,000.
M&T Starter Savings account review
A kids savings account with an interest rate that compounds daily but has long hold times for customer service.
Bank of Missouri Show Me Savers Club review
Bank of Missouri’s Show Me Savers earns 0.1% APY but can’t be opened online.
Emprise Bank High Interest Checking account review
A checking account that earns up to 1.75% APY and up to $25 in ATM reimbursements.
Navy Federal Visa Buxx review
Navy Federal’s Visa Buxx card has no fees, but you must qualify for membership with the credit union.
Quontic Bank High Yield Savings account review
A savings account with a competitive interest rate and comes with an ATM card.
First Internet Bank Small Business Checking account review
An interest-earning small business checking account with unlimited transactions. But its deposit system is clunky.
Clearwater Credit Union Primary Savings Account review
Clearwater Credit Union’s primary savings account offers the convenience of online and in-person banking — but lacks a high APY rate.
Key4Kids Savings account review
Key4Kids Savings account is best for kids wanting more access to their money.
Golden 1 Credit Union Freedom Checking account review
A spending account geared toward students with a B average or higher.