Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
Community First Credit Union banking products: Savings, Checking, and CDs
Offers all the features and flaws of a hometown bank.
Am I eligible?
To become a Community First Credit Union member you’ll need to open a Share Savings account with a minimum deposit of $5 and live, work or attend school in one of the following Florida counties:
- Indian River
- Palm Beach
- St. Johns
- St. Lucie
Membership is also open to:
- Any relative of an existing or eligible member
- Employees of Brooks Rehabilitation
- Employees of Miller Electric Company
- Employees of Web.com
What banking products does the Community First Credit Union offer?
Why should I open an account at Community First Credit Union?
Community First offers online and mobile banking as well as other member benefits:
- Minimal fees. Most accounts offer no maintenance fees or minimum balance requirements.
- Financial Wellness Program. Community First’s moveUP program provides educational information and tools to grow your finances and meet your goals.
- Rewards. In addition to its uChoose Rewards Program on everyday shopping, Community First teamed up with Sprint and TurboTax to offer credit union members discounts.
- Community outreach. Community First gives back to the community by partnering with local community projects, sponsoring programs and events and granting scholarships to community teens who want to attend a Florida university.
What should I look out for?
Despite all of the services offered, Community First has a few drawbacks:
- Limited customer service hours. While most banks have a 24-hour customer support line, Community First’s call center is only open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST) on weekends.
- Limited branch access. Community First isn’t part of a shared-branch network with other credit unions and its branches are located in Jacksonville.
Compare Community First Credit Union to the competition
Community First Credit Union customer service
You can reach Community First in the following ways:
- Email email@example.com.
- Call 904-354-8537 or its toll free number 800-342-8416 during business hours.
- Call 904-371-8000 using Info 24, a 24-hour information only call line.
- Send mail to P.O. Box 2600, Jacksonville, FL 32232.
Branch location hours include:
- Branch Lobby hours: Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), with the exception of the Downtown and UNF branches, which are closed on Saturday.
- Branch Drive-thru hours: Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).
Community First excels at extras like their community partnerships and rewards programs, but if you’re looking for a credit union with 24-hour customer support and a better branch network, compare your options before applying for an account.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Patriot Bank High-Yield Money Market Deposit Account account review
The Patriot Bank High-Yield Money Market Deposit account is a free savings account that earns 0.55% APY.
First Citizens Bank Free Checking review
First Citizens Bank Free Checking includes budgeting features, but it’s not available nationwide.
First Citizens Online Savings review
First Citizens Bank Online Savings helps you manage your money, but its APY isn’t competitive.
First National Bank Freestyle Checking account review
First National Bank Freestyle Checking has no monthly fee, but it doesn’t earn interest.
First National Bank Lifestyle Checking account review
First National Bank Lifestyle checking earns interest and includes a safe deposit box.
First National Bank eStyle Plus Checking review
First National Bank eStyle Plus includes ATM fee refunds, but there’s a $25 monthly fee.
Blue Federal Credit Union CDs review
Find out if a CD with Blue Federal Credit Union is right for you.
An app-focused bank that offers competitive savings rates, minimal fees and a goal-oriented approach to managing money.
First Boulevard account review
First Boulevard offers banking services tailored to Black Americans, but it’s currently waitlisted.
First Commonwealth Bank Hometown Checking + Interest + Solutions review
First Commonwealth Bank’s Hometown Checking + Interest + Solutions account has attractive features, but could cost you.